You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Upside....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Upside....
    Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:25pm
A nuclear war is imminent and there won't even be a Russia to have a world cup in by next summer
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Catherine Banneto View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Banneto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:26pm
Atleast all the false hope is over and we can look forward to the off chance we can get a manager that actually know's what he's doing.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:27pm
Bring mick back ta f**k
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Banneto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:59pm
Mick can piss off, I want someone young and fresh. We have gone for tried and tested manager and former players with no experience and I'm done with all that, someone like Kenny really would be suited to this job no necessarily him but someone like him.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Catherine Banneto Catherine Banneto wrote:

Mick can piss off, I want someone young and fresh. We have gone for tried and tested manager and former players with no experience and I'm done with all that, someone like Kenny really would be suited to this job no necessarily him but someone like him.
who else? Lennon maybe?
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catherine Banneto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:03pm
There has to be someone, Lennon no thanks.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:07pm
The upside? Not any? Well I suppose I will save a couple of grand by not having to go to Russia and hopefully the FAI learn from this and employ a manager who plays football and not someone who preaches using the football as a weather balloon.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:35pm
EL LOCO will manage ireland next summer
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:40pm
If we beat Moldova, we have a knockout cup final to look forward to in Wales.
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:43pm
Where's that rich fella that paid for Trap? ask him to go and buy Micheal O'Neill
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 12:12am
Anyone who wants O'Neill out while supporting Mick in is a g*mp who does not watch football.

They play the same style of football. The same as Trap did too.
Linzark View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linzark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 5:12am
Having looked up a lot of the permutations for the play offs we're in a bit of bother
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 8:32am
We will be able to afford 3 aways next autumn
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 8:36am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Anyone who wants O'Neill out while supporting Mick in is a g*mp who does not watch football.

We could dig up Stein, Clough and Paisley; the bottom line is that we don't have footballers.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The upside? Not any? Well I suppose I will save a couple of grand by not having to go to Russia and hopefully the FAI learn from this and employ a manager who plays football and not someone who preaches using the football as a weather balloon.

I'd rather the FAI got the finger out and started to put proper structures in place at underage level. The power needs to be taken away from the large school boy clubs and a proper strategic plan needs to be developed and implement to kick the LOI on.

Our future international footballers will need to be developed on this island not the neighbouring one. If the FAI can't see we are doomed. They should speak with their counterparts in the IFRU and even the the GAA to see how this can be done
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 9:03am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I'd rather the FAI got the finger out and started to put proper structures in place at underage level. The power needs to be taken away from the large school boy clubs and a proper strategic plan needs to be developed and implement to kick the LOI on.
Did you not know that this was introduced 3 years ago ?

The u15 League started last week.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Our future international footballers will need to be developed on this island not the neighbouring one. If the FAI can't see we are doomed. They should speak with their counterparts in the IFRU and even the the GAA to see how this can be done

Unfortunately we lose too many potential players to GAA
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

We could dig up Stein, Clough and Paisley; the bottom line is that we don't have footballers.

You see smaller countries trying to play ball. This argument only takes you so far. Georgia played us off the park. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic