You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 127>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:21pm
Will Ferrel is priceless. Was in some sh*te movies but in old school, wedding crashers and talladega nights he cracks me up
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Up to now in my life ive managed to avoid watching Elf. Being pestered at work to watch it so finally bit the bullet. I'm about 40 mins in and I have to say it's one of the biggest piles of crap I've ever watched in my life.

Have never watched it but I think it's what catapulted the unoriginal/unfunny and bland Will Ferrell into stardom Dead

I honestly can't see how people find him funny
I have never agreed with a post on here more! He did some good work on SNL, so there must be talent somewhere, but any film I have had the misfortune to endure has been an affront to all the senses, particularly humour! It seems to be made solely for people who are stoned out of their bins, either through smoking the wackity-tobacco  or being dropped at a young age.  A quick search on Google of memorable quotes constantly leads to this; "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which, of course, in German means a whale’s vagina."

If you think that is funny, then  I believe whoever lives with you should be entitled to a carer's allowance.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Will Ferrel is priceless. Was in some sh*te movies but in old school, wedding crashers and talladega nights he cracks me up

Step Brothers, Blades of Glory, and the first Anchorman
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Step Brothers, Blades of Glory, and the first Anchorman
The first 2 yes, Step Brothers is brilliant. Not a fan of Anchorman at all
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:02pm

Have never watched it but I think it's what catapulted the unoriginal/unfunny and bland Will Ferrell into stardom Dead

Given the stuff you do find funny I can't say I'm in the least bit surprised!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Billy Connolly, Frankie Boyle. I think I'll stick with comedians that can actually make me laugh.   

Will Ferrell's boring impression of George W Bush or engaging in gimics such as wearing a bird on his shoulder in a chat show just screams desperation and shows how empty he is. He's f**kin rubbish.

Edited by irishmufc - 08 Dec 2017 at 6:26pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:55am
Cape Town's table mountain is an ugly monstrosity and I have no interest in going there.

Edited by Trap junior - 11 Dec 2017 at 11:13am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:03am

George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Billy Connolly, Frankie Boyle. I think I'll stick with comedians that can actually make me laugh.   

Will Ferrell's boring impression of George W Bush or engaging in gimics such as wearing a bird on his shoulder in a chat show just screams desperation and shows how empty he is. He's f**kin rubbish.

In fairness he's been involved in a serious amount of dud films over the last decade or so. He appears to be very much going through the 'collect the paycheck' part of his career.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:16am

A night at the roxbury
His smallish part in Jay and Silent Bob Strike back
Step Brothers
Anchorman 1 (in parts. agree, there are some f**king awful lines "i love lamp" wtf?)
Elf
Stranger Than Fiction
Semi Pro ClapClapClapClap
The Other Guys 

Leave your brain at the door/late night Saturday movies. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Cape Town's table mountain is an ugly monstrosity and I have no interest in going there.

agreed. i would happy through the entire population of South Africa off it one by one 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

A night at the roxbury
His smallish part in Jay and Silent Bob Strike back
Step Brothers
Anchorman 1 (in parts. agree, there are some f**king awful lines "i love lamp" wtf?)
Elf
Stranger Than Fiction
Semi Pro ClapClapClapClap
The Other Guys 

Leave your brain at the door/late night Saturday movies. 

ClapClapClap

Old School, Talladega Nights and Wedding Crashers all great performances too Clap
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:47am
Stranger than fiction is a lovely movie. Not a comedy at all and Ferrell is excellent in it. Not a fan of anchorman, actually not sure if I have enjoyed any of the "comedies" he has been in. Seems like a nice guy when being interviewed a bit like Chris o' Dowd

Edited by Baldrick - 11 Dec 2017 at 11:48am
AKA pedantic kunt
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Stranger than fiction is a lovely movie. Not a comedy at all and Ferrell is excellent in it. Not a fan of anchorman, actually not sure if I have enjoyed any of the "comedies" he has been in. Seems like a nice guy when being interviewed a bit like Chris o' Dowd

Really good film but probably handier toncollect the cheque for the comedies he makes.

Mate of mine had a few pints and a good chat with him a few years back and reckons he was a genuine sound fella.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

agreed. i would happy through the entire population of South Africa off it one by one 
But the view from the top is breath-taking Smile 
Loved Cape Town and SA in general when was there
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:54pm
Reckon I'm going to go to SA in January. Flights are cheap. Fly in to J'berg, rent a car and drive around Botswana for a week or 2, then fly out of Cape Town. Can't wait.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Reckon I'm going to go to SA in January. Flights are cheap. Fly in to J'berg, rent a car and drive around Botswana for a week or 2, then fly out of Cape Town. Can't wait.
Wasn't in JoBerg but any people we met over there told us not to go, supposed to be a fairly dangerous spot. We did the south coast and flew home from Port Elizabeth. Was brilliant
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:20pm
It'd be a case of just arriving there then leaving J'berg straight away CM. Maybe rent one of those flame thrower cars with the electrified door handles you see on telly LOL
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah, he does come across well alright. I might give 'Stranger Than Fiction' a go, I assume it was just another sh*te comedy of his. After sitting through Anchorman and Step Brothers I had dismissed all his films as being puerile nonsense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 127>
  Share Topic