You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 267>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:31pm
Jamie Redknapp saying he feels sorry for Nick Pope Confused
Ok, hes tried to genuinely head it clear and messed it up and its hit off his hands but he then intentionally scoops it back as the ball is about to break free as he knows Salah will latch onto it. Not sure how he can get any sympathy for that

Edited by Sham157 - 18 Feb 2023 at 6:31pm
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:47pm
Could well be something still in this game for Newcastle
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:17pm
Nice one DM
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 8:45pm
I wouldn't have thought that was a red card? no doubt it was intentional.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 9:01pm
It denied a goal scoring opportunity so had to be
A yellow card and free kick is not sufficient punishment 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 9:52am
MOTD saying that Liverpool's Karius will be in the goal for the cup final!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 11:49am
Unfortunate but correct red card for Pope and yes looks like it will be Karius in the final Tbf I've always thought he was a good keeper who had a bad game, people seem to forget that he got concussed very early in that game too
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Mason Greenwood's agent is to hold talks with Newcastle about signing. His agent was tasked with finding a suitable club where the fans are not going to protest. 

H'way the lads
Where are we meeting for today's protest? 

What protests were these? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 11:38am
Kinda hilarious that the Saudi takeover of Newcastle was allowed to happen because they "defintely weren't the Saudi government" yet lawyers for LIV Golf have said in a US court that the chairman as a sitting member of the government. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Kinda hilarious that the Saudi takeover of Newcastle was allowed to happen because they "defintely weren't the Saudi government" yet lawyers for LIV Golf have said in a US court that the chairman as a sitting member of the government. 

Richard Masters, PL CEO, was questioned about this by the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) select committee in the House of Commons earlier today.

He replied*: "I can't really comment on it. I mean, even to the point of saying, 'Is the Premier League investigating it?', we can't really comment on it. Now may I be permitted a toilet visit before I sh1t myself?"

Masters told the BBC in November 2021 that if his organisation found evidence there was state involvement in the running of Newcastle "we can remove the consortium as owners of the club".

* - Part of that quotation may not be entirely accurate.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 1:47pm
Great result yesterday and 3 tough away games up next but qualifying for Europe would be some achievement considering half of the team played under Steve Bruce!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 1:50pm
I'd imagine their comments and celebrations yesterday may come back to haunt them come the end of the season.

Having a great season though, Bruno Gumaries or however it is spelt has totally transformed them.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 3:57pm
They've had a great season but their ownership means it ain't a fairytale story for me. 
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2023 at 11:37pm
If you’re bothered, look hard enough at some of the other owners of clubs and you’ll be equally outraged. 

Not a word about Liverpools main sponsor caught red handed funding ISIS a few years back. People are only outraged anout the Saudis because Sky Sports convinced them they should be. It’s boring. 

Edited by bundy - 03 Apr 2023 at 11:37pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 12:39am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

If you’re bothered, look hard enough at some of the other owners of clubs and you’ll be equally outraged. 

Not a word about Liverpools main sponsor caught red handed funding ISIS a few years back. People are only outraged anout the Saudis because Sky Sports convinced them they should be. It’s boring. 

If you're going to engage in Whataboutery, at least make some effort.

First, Standard Chartered Bank did not "fund ISIS". After questions about one of its Correspondent bank clients, Arab Bank, were raised in a US Court, Standard Chartered themselves issued a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), which alerts authorities to potential instances of criminal activity, such as money laundering or terrorist financing.
This was because it had become apparent that some of the money which Arab Bank was handling, ostensibly on behalf of various charities, was instead being secretly funnelled elsewhere, in this case towards Hamas, not ISIS.

While the amount in question was £9.4m - a significant sum, no doubt, but which should be set against SCB's annual turnover of £10bn+ and their market capitalisation of over £15 bn.

Oh, and a sponsor is not the same as an owner.

But yeah, apart from that, we should all be "equally outraged"... Wacko
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 3:54am
Oh dear Bundy. 

The owner of Newcastle United is a despot, engaged in a war that has killed hundred of thousands in Yemen. 

The owner of Chelsea was a friend of Putin, he was sanctioned out of owning the club. 
The only reason the same doesn't happen to the Saudi Investment fund is the Saudi's are the good guys today as they sell the west oil. Things can change quickly in geo politics. 

And when the day comes where the west doesn't like SA anymore then the club will be sold, but oh in the meantime you could have Champions League football and win the Carbao and Fa Cup too. So it'll be worth it Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 11:06am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

I'd argue that sky sports are doing the complete opposite! I'm well aware that other clubs have horrible owners too. My interest in the premier league is fleeting as a result. More people in Ireland seeing this too and following their own league which is good. I follow Southampton but tbh I'm not overly bothered if we go down at this stage...for a team like us we hit the glass ceiling about 5 years ago and I seen the futility of the whole thing. Brighton and Brentford will see the same in a few years
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 11:11pm
I watch Newcastle games and that’s it. Up to the start of Covid I would watch any game at all but I’ve lost interest in it now. The premier league is awful compared to 10 or 15 years ago. The “big” games just aren’t big games anymore and despite the inflated wages and price tags on players, the quality is nowhere near where it was back in the early to mid 2000s. I don’t care what anyone says, the premier league has gone backwards.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 267>
  Share Topic