Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 267>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 10:05pm
Going for a lie down 
Sponsored Links

Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 3:07pm
A brilliant night. It was really intense and nervous for a game that on paper was never in doubt after 20 minutes. 

Tickets for the final are going to be like gold dust. I've been to the last four rounds so would be disappointed not to get one. Apparently each club get 30k and 30k go to corporate. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 3:19pm
Any word on whether Saudi Arabia will halt any executions on the day of the final to mark this achievement?
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Any word on whether Saudi Arabia will halt any executions on the day of the final to mark this achievement?
Not that I've heard. I'm just enjoying the sports washing without focusing too much on the human right issues in the middle East. 
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

A brilliant night. It was really intense and nervous for a game that on paper was never in doubt after 20 minutes. 

Tickets for the final are going to be like gold dust. I've been to the last four rounds so would be disappointed not to get one. Apparently each club get 30k and 30k go to corporate. 

Some of the prices quoted today for tickets are insane. The two teams guaranteed to fill Wembley twice over are in the final. Man United will of course bring all their tourist fans and there won’t be a sinner left in Tyneside. I put the call out for final tickets before the Leicester game but I’ve been told there’s absolutely no chance of a ticket. To be honest, having not been over this season so far I’d almost feel guilty taking a ticket for it over local lads and lads that have been to plenty more games than me. I was in the old Wembley in ‘98 as a young pup, when an FA Cup was a huge deal, and the Newcastle support that day was just unreal. 3 weeks time is going to be absolutely unreal I’d say.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Some of the prices quoted today for tickets are insane. The two teams guaranteed to fill Wembley twice over are in the final. Man United will of course bring all their tourist fans and there won’t be a sinner left in Tyneside. I put the call out for final tickets before the Leicester game but I’ve been told there’s absolutely no chance of a ticket. To be honest, having not been over this season so far I’d almost feel guilty taking a ticket for it over local lads and lads that have been to plenty more games than me. I was in the old Wembley in ‘98 as a young pup, when an FA Cup was a huge deal, and the Newcastle support that day was just unreal. 3 weeks time is going to be absolutely unreal I’d say.

Non local Newcastle fan having a sly dig at United’s tourist fans! Good to see Irony isn’t dead.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 12:46am
LOL
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 8:50am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Non local Newcastle fan having a sly dig at United’s tourist fans! Good to see Irony isn’t dead.

He's probably not old enough to remember Newcastle averaging gates under 20,000 in the 80's.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 6:52pm
Mason Greenwood's agent is to hold talks with Newcastle about signing. His agent was tasked with finding a suitable club where the fans are not going to protest. 

H'way the lads
It would damage this forums' reputation
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 9:02pm

I'm not able to go down for it unfortunately. The excitement locally is massive already and huge crowds are going down. I only moved to Newcastle about 15 years ago so have only experienced the club under Mike Ashley until last year, the difference is unbelievable to see. 

da_launchpad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:18am
Didn't get ticket myself. Was holding out on flying over until I knew if I'd have one. I know a few who are heading over to Wembley without a ticket and others that are going to Newcastle now instead. Camden in Dublin or the Black Lion Inchicore is looking more like my location to be honest, prob be full of man u fans so will be all the more enjoyable with them there to shout abuse at Tongue
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Mason Greenwood's agent is to hold talks with Newcastle about signing. His agent was tasked with finding a suitable club where the fans are not going to protest. 

H'way the lads
Where are we meeting for today's protest? 
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by da_launchpad da_launchpad wrote:

Didn't get ticket myself. Was holding out on flying over until I knew if I'd have one. I know a few who are heading over to Wembley without a ticket and others that are going to Newcastle now instead. Camden in Dublin or the Black Lion Inchicore is looking more like my location to be honest, prob be full of man u fans so will be all the more enjoyable with them there to shout abuse at Tongue
Make sure they book a decent pub or venue if they are coming over. I'm off to the fed brewery in gateshead for it. A decent venue that fits 1000 people in, sold out fairly fast. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 12:00pm
Sad news this morning about Christian Atsu a key part of the promotion season and always gave everything for the club RIP 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 3:01pm

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

H'way the lads
Where are we meeting for today's protest? 

Manchester maybe?
Aren’t there going to be mass protests and thousands of fans discontinuing following Man United with the dirty oil money/sports washing takeover?

That’s what we’ve been told for years anyway 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:00pm
that be pope suspended for the final next week and dubravka cup tied as played for united already in the competition 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:07pm
Karius is 3rd choice LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Karius is 3rd choice LOL

MOTM incoming!

Just not sure for which club.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 267>
  Share Topic