Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 267>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Gutted that the sale has fallen through but not surprised. 

Ashley has asset stripped the club over the last 10 years and was expecting the sale to go through. The clubs future is now very uncertain and there is nothing positive on the horizon. It's the hope that kills you! 
Look on the positives, it's slightly less bad for a football club to be owned by a man who engages in grotesque labour rights abuse rather than a regime which engages in grotesque human rights abuse
Sponsored Links

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:36pm
a bump for green devil

in fact, lets make it a sticky for a few days
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

a bump for green devil

in fact, lets make it a sticky for a few days

Some boyo LOL

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:41pm
It’s all kicking off in the Library now
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

It’s all kicking off in the Library now

LOL
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Ashley has asset stripped the club over the last 10 years and was expecting the sale to go through. The clubs future is now very uncertain and there is nothing positive on the horizon. It's the hope that kills you! 
Look on the positives, it's slightly less bad for a football club to be owned by a man who engages in grotesque labour rights abuse rather than a regime which engages in grotesque human rights abuse
Slightly. I couldn't decide which side of the fence I was going to sit on if they had bought the club. Initially i was of the view that I couldn't support a club that is so clearly being used to improve the public image of an awful country but I was being brought over to the side of, f*ck it, Newcastle have new owners who are c*nts but every club is owned by c*nts. That's when I realised how sports washing works so well even when it's obvious to me!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

You can say that again.

The Charnley statement gives that little bit that it might still happen. But that is a big might.

I've read that though that unless this bid is resurrected or if Henry Mauriss can show prove of funds then it might be tough for anyone else to meet Ashleys price unless he reduces it due to the current climate.

He himself was probably relying on this money to buy into more retail chains. So he is a loser in this case too don't forget.

I will say though if the rumours of other clubs from the So called Big 6 putting pressure on the PL to reject it are true then it really shows where their loyalty lies.

From the outset it looks like the PL doesn't give a crap about other clubs and wants to keep Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs at the top table as they make the most revenue for them the idea of someone else coming in to potentially damage or challenge those clubs seems to a reason here.

I'd say the PL loved Leicester winning the league a few years ago but were delighted to see them slip out the Top 4 this year. 
It's a strange one. The top 6 teams are some really well run businesses, I thought they would have been delighted with a new team coming in throwing silly money around like Chelsea and man city did. Arsenal and man united made a load of money off both of them for the first 5 years while they were buying their way up. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:58pm
Newcastle are the biggest bunch of nobody's in the history of English football .
For the size of the city you would expect something in the cabinet in the last 40 years . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Newcastle are the biggest bunch of nobody's in the history of English football .
For the size of the city you would expect something in the cabinet in the last 40 years . 
The second sentence is correct. The first is a bit childish, bants almost.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:20pm
I stand by what i said baby Approve
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 8:24pm
Sounds like things are going to get very messy for premier league 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 10:54am
Rumours of major penny pinching happening this summer, could see a possible relegation dogfight on their hands this year imo
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Rumours of major penny pinching happening this summer, could see a possible relegation dogfight on their hands this year imo

Jazzy J pulling strings in the engine room, hardly. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 11:11am
Good news for Clark so. The more Irish players in the PL, the better.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 10:52am
Callum Wilson for £20 mil
I hate to admit it but that's an excellent signing 

Jamal Lewis joining too. A bit less exciting but it's okay.

Edited by coyne - 06 Sep 2020 at 10:56am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 11:04am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Callum Wilson for £20 mil
I hate to admit it but that's an excellent signing 

Jamal Lewis joining too. A bit less exciting but it's okay.
Also Ryan Fraser. 

Wilson is an exciting one alright. I think he puts away the majority of chances Joelinton wasted last season. 

I like Jamal Lewis too stood out in a poor Norwich team last season

With the addition of Hendrick too I think its been a decent window 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 8:51pm
3 decent signings in the last two days.

If Wilson and Fraser can combine like they did two years ago then I'll be very happy. 

Lewis is a good young left back who can only improve. 

Add in the signings of Hendrick and Gillespie I think we've had a good window. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 10:12pm
I've made my feelings known about Hendrick's move and the Fraser transfer only reinforces it more.

Bruce loves the 4-5-1 or the Diamond and it's as clear as day he wants Almiron behind Wilson on a permanent basis with ASM/Ritchie/Fraser on the sides so it feels like he's picked a really bad club if he wants 1st team football
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 267>
  Share Topic