Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 267>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 7:07pm
Very strange decision by Bruce to play a 5-4-1 with Andy Carroll up top on his own, I mean surely to god logic would have been to have played someone up top with pace to chase lost causes and balls into the channels etc?

Dreadful defending there to give the penalty away.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 7:15pm
Was a pretty straight forward decision to make for the referee
The BBC commentators are making out it was an unreal spot 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 7:18pm
Absolutely, literally one of the most blatant peno's you will ever see ffsLOL

City have looked very sharp and impressive, a couple of shrewd additions in the summer and they will go toe to toe with Liverpool for the title next season.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 7:57pm
Newcastle improved this half, should have equalised there and then a great goal from Sterling at the other end 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Newcastle improved this half, should have equalised there and then a great goal from Sterling at the other end 

Yeah better second half, but City win was always going to happen

In terms of Gayle, he has to score that chance. Can't remember who said it recently but heis one of those players who fits into the void between not being good enough for the PL and too good for the Championship.

As Bruce said after the game, the PL need to make up their mind over the takeover as I'd imagine our whole transfer plan hinges on whether it will happen.

We have signed Mark Gillespie from Motherwell (on a free) as a replacement for Rob Elliot though.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 3:13pm
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1286289565024751617

You know a kit is bad when the socks are the best part
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

There's only 2 variations of a striped shirt you can get, either thinner stripes or thicker stripes!

I don't think it's that bad, the only putting off thing with their shirts lately is the red lettering and numbers on the back
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

There's only 2 variations of a striped shirt you can get, either thinner stripes or thicker stripes!

I don't think it's that bad, the only putting off thing with their shirts lately is the red lettering and numbers on the back

I think that's been the best thing about the last few kits gives it a very retro look.

I know you can't do much alright with stripes template

The only things you can realistically do is

a) make the stripes wider or narrower (as you say)
b) Have them at some kind of angle (See Inter jersey)
c) Or god forbid invert terms to be hoops.

You can of course put in a bit of fade perhaps or design in the stripes. Like the 2015/16 kit for example, it would have been nice, 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 23 Jul 2020 at 3:51pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Untrue, you can have a messy combination of thicker and thinner stripes on the one jersey

Newcastle United promoted: What happened to the heroes of the 1992 ...
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2020 at 4:24pm
That shirt’s an abomination though.

Just plain black and white, black font on the back.
Whereas Sunderland should be plain red and white with red font.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:39pm
Saudi takeover off?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:52pm
Seems like it
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 4:09pm
Reading the statement from the group. The Premier League have a lot of questions to answer.

Appears as if they were stalling and stalling in hope that they would eventually pull out so they wouldn't have to make a decision.

Either way hopefully the other guy Henry Mauriss comes along now and buys the club.

I know I speak for a vast majority of Newcastle fans when I say the excitement of the takeover wasn't necessarily that we'd be bought by mega rich owners it was more the relief we were getting rid of Mike Ashley. 

Regardless if the new owners were the Saudis, Ant and Dec  or Jimmy Nail it would have been much celebrated 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 30 Jul 2020 at 4:10pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 4:24pm
Ah come off it Lassy, the amount of Newcastle fans creaming their togs over  the prospect of being "the richest club in the world" was mindblowing.

I get that more or less every Mag wants Ashley gone, but if a local man came in and bought the club with no major funds promised for new players you wouldnt be celebrating.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ah come off it Lassy, the amount of Newcastle fans creaming their togs over  the prospect of being "the richest club in the world" was mindblowing.

I get that more or less every Mag wants Ashley gone, but if a local man came in and bought the club with no major funds promised for new players you wouldnt be celebrating.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't have been delighted if the Saudis had taken over and they pumped in 1 billion in  transfer funds of course i would.

And of course investment is what everyone dreams of with a new owner but I think ambition is more what we want. If some local man came in with a plan to improve the club then he'd be welcomed.

Similar in case to when Donald took over Sunderland, fans were happy Short was gone because the club had no purpose under him other then to just exist that is how it feels under Ashley

I'd also say player investment isn't the only thing which needs investment. The only upgrade to the training facilities at Newcastle during Ashleys reign has been a fresh lick of paint.

I'll be the first to say Ashley hasn;t been the worst owner in the world but the last few years he's turned the club into a soulless void where it just seems we exist to exist.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:10pm
Talk that deal might not be 100% off.

The pressure is all on PL now to come out with a statement 
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 1:05pm
Gutted that the sale has fallen through but not surprised. 

Ashley has asset stripped the club over the last 10 years and was expecting the sale to go through. The clubs future is now very uncertain and there is nothing positive on the horizon. It's the hope that kills you! 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Gutted that the sale has fallen through but not surprised. 

Ashley has asset stripped the club over the last 10 years and was expecting the sale to go through. The clubs future is now very uncertain and there is nothing positive on the horizon. It's the hope that kills you! 

You can say that again.

The Charnley statement gives that little bit that it might still happen. But that is a big might.

I've read that though that unless this bid is resurrected or if Henry Mauriss can show prove of funds then it might be tough for anyone else to meet Ashleys price unless he reduces it due to the current climate.

He himself was probably relying on this money to buy into more retail chains. So he is a loser in this case too don't forget.

I will say though if the rumours of other clubs from the So called Big 6 putting pressure on the PL to reject it are true then it really shows where their loyalty lies.

From the outset it looks like the PL doesn't give a crap about other clubs and wants to keep Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs at the top table as they make the most revenue for them the idea of someone else coming in to potentially damage or challenge those clubs seems to a reason here.

I'd say the PL loved Leicester winning the league a few years ago but were delighted to see them slip out the Top 4 this year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 267>
  Share Topic