You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 267>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:37pm
These last minute goals are great for excitement and showing belief but we are awful to watch. Good goalie and defence but really poor in attack and midfield. We'll still struggle to avoid relegation unless one of the forwards starts to score goals. 

One great thing the club are doing and have been for the last few years is selling really cheap cup tickets. I'm bringing my daughter to her first Newcastle game on Saturday, £10 for me and £5 for her. It's great for attracting families, kids and teenagers who can't afford to go to league games. The club haven't got passed the fourth round in the 12 years Ashley has been at the club but there'll still be 40k at the game on saturday.
Sponsored Links

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

These last minute goals are great for excitement and showing belief but we are awful to watch. Good goalie and defence but really poor in attack and midfield. We'll still struggle to avoid relegation unless one of the forwards starts to score goals. 

One great thing the club are doing and have been for the last few years is selling really cheap cup tickets. I'm bringing my daughter to her first Newcastle game on Saturday, £10 for me and £5 for her. It's great for attracting families, kids and teenagers who can't afford to go to league games. The club haven't got passed the fourth round in the 12 years Ashley has been at the club but there'll still be 40k at the game on saturday.

I don’t think 40 points will be enough, 42/43 points will guarantee it but I genuinely think a team will go down with 40. West Ham are the only team ever to go down after hitting 40 points and I think we’ll see it again this year.

I think we’ll limp over the line. Possibly hit 42/43 by the beginning of April and the foot will come off the gas for the last few games. I’m still scratching my head as to how we somehow have got to this stage of the season, with the attackers scoring 5 goals between them, with 30 points. It beggars belief and this is probably the maddest season I’ve ever seen in the league since it’s inception. Since Southampton got hammered 9-0 only the top 3 have picked up more points and now they’re 3 points off 5th place - it’s utterly bizarre. Any other season and we’d be bottom 3 with about half our points total.

I genuinely think it’s the players driving things on, Bruce is little more than a cheerleader in my eyes. The togetherness and spirit in the team is something I’ve never seen before in all my time following Newcastle. No messing around everyone’s shoulder to the wheel. Watching them all together after Saturday’s win and last nights result is great to see. They look like a team of lads that are just good pals who are in it together. We’ll get through this season but we won’t get away with it again next year unless something drastic happens so I think we need to make the most of the high points of this season while they last.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I don’t think 40 points will be enough, 42/43 points will guarantee it but I genuinely think a team will go down with 40. West Ham are the only team ever to go down after hitting 40 points and I think we’ll see it again this year.

I think we’ll limp over the line. Possibly hit 42/43 by the beginning of April and the foot will come off the gas for the last few games. I’m still scratching my head as to how we somehow have got to this stage of the season, with the attackers scoring 5 goals between them, with 30 points. It beggars belief and this is probably the maddest season I’ve ever seen in the league since it’s inception. Since Southampton got hammered 9-0 only the top 3 have picked up more points and now they’re 3 points off 5th place - it’s utterly bizarre. Any other season and we’d be bottom 3 with about half our points total.

I genuinely think it’s the players driving things on, Bruce is little more than a cheerleader in my eyes. The togetherness and spirit in the team is something I’ve never seen before in all my time following Newcastle. No messing around everyone’s shoulder to the wheel. Watching them all together after Saturday’s win and last nights result is great to see. They look like a team of lads that are just good pals who are in it together. We’ll get through this season but we won’t get away with it again next year unless something drastic happens so I think we need to make the most of the high points of this season while they last.
There's a great team camaraderie alright, there's no one in the squad who'll play for a top team in England or Europe so they're happy where they are. 
The biggest mistake over the last three years has been not signing Rondon. Joelinton and big Andy Carroll are trying to replace him this season and have failed. Everyone seems excited about saint-max but I'd have Perez over him any day. 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:15am
Lazaro loan deal agreed with an option to buy for 20m Unhappy,Linked with Danny Rose which would be useful as both  left backs are out for the season.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Lazaro loan deal agreed with an option to buy for 20m Unhappy,Linked with Danny Rose which would be useful as both  left backs are out for the season.

Lazaro completed option to buy end of season for 20M (Loan fee of 2M). Danny Rose I agree will be very useful seems to be some question marks over his wages though 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:28pm
Granted they're only loans but Ashley seems to be more proactive on the Transfer front last 6 months.

Seems to be with closer with Bruce than Rafa ever was and even the yes man he hired (Pardew and Kinnear) ever were also.

Wonder what's caused the changed of heart, finally found his willy in the shower?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Granted they're only loans but Ashley seems to be more proactive on the Transfer front last 6 months.

Seems to be with closer with Bruce than Rafa ever was and even the yes man he hired (Pardew and Kinnear) ever were also.

Wonder what's caused the changed of heart, finally found his willy in the shower?

LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:48am
Talk of a Saudi takeover again 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Must be a transfer window open Sleepy
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

According to today's Sunday Times, the majority partner in the consortium is the Saudi Public Investment Fund, which is Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman's main investment vehicle. Yep, that's right, not just any old Saudi billionaire, but the one with a penchant for chopping up people who upset him (watch out Joelinton Shocked).

Which is not such a surprise, perhaps. But what did catch my eye was that the ST reckons that British multi-billionaires Simon and David Reuben are also involved, and not because they are both closer to 80 than 70, and so might be thought to be easing off at this stage.

No, it's because these (Indian-born) Britons are of Jewish-Iranian heritage:

Strange bedfellows, eh?

Meanwhile, the ST reckons the £340m deal could still fall apart, because it's being brokered by Amanda Staveley, and Fat Mike seriously fell out with her over a previous deal which fell through.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 3:21pm
God you need to get out more Terri LOL

Edited by coyne - 26 Jan 2020 at 3:22pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

God you need to get out more Terri LOL

Not really.

I get my newspaper delivered.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:10am
Club sale talks seem to pop up every transfer window,probably more chance of Hunderland returning to the PL than fat Mike letting go of his cash cow.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 12:01pm

Club sale talks seem to pop up every transfer window,probably more chance of Hunderland returning to the PL than fat Mike letting go of his cash cow.

Yeah always surprising that these stories come out near the end or start of every transfer window
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:39pm

Normally I'd agree, but it may be different this time, for three reasons.

1. Since that Investment Fund bought into Man.City in November at a huge premium to the then share price, PL football club valuations have gone up a level. Ashley might just have calculated that the market has reached its peak for now?

2. His other retail empire is coming under increasing threat (seems he took a bigger hit on House of Fraser than he anticipated). Perhaps he wants (needs?) a big cash injection to shore things up? I mean, he obviously cares nothing for football compared with the rest of his interests.

3. Scarcity value - there are so few PL clubs not already in the hands of billionaires who won't sell that anyone like Ashley who might be persuaded can demand a premium. Which doubtless explains why he hasn't sold up yet: no-one is yet prepared to meet his price. Still a case of "when" not "if", though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Normally I'd agree, but it may be different this time, for three reasons.

1. Since that Investment Fund bought into Man.City in November at a huge premium to the then share price, PL football club valuations have gone up a level. Ashley might just have calculated that the market has reached its peak for now?

2. His other retail empire is coming under increasing threat (seems he took a bigger hit on House of Fraser than he anticipated). Perhaps he wants (needs?) a big cash injection to shore things up? I mean, he obviously cares nothing for football compared with the rest of his interests.

3. Scarcity value - there are so few PL clubs not already in the hands of billionaires who won't sell that anyone like Ashley who might be persuaded can demand a premium. Which doubtless explains why he hasn't sold up yet: no-one is yet prepared to meet his price. Still a case of "when" not "if", though.

I hope you are right but we have heard this far too many times,clickbait articles etc..........
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:32am
Danny Rose loan deal agreed Big smile
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:43am
Happy with it tbh, obviously needed left (wing) back cover given Willems and Dummett injuries.  

Works for both club and player given he'll want to be playing with Euros coming in the summer.

Like to see another striker/winger brought in hopefully too Bowen being heavily linked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 267>
  Share Topic