You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 267>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:04pm
Clark has been some player since he came back in against Man United in October. Hasn’t put a foot wrong and I thought he was the man of the match this evening.

11 points to get to the magical 40 mark. Even if no players are signed and even with the injuries I think we’ll be safe by the beginning of April at the latest. Amazing spirit and resolve in the team. Seeing all the players at the end of the game was brilliant. They’re all in it together and to me, it looks like the players are driving this thing. I wouldn’t say Bruce has anything to offer except putting his arms around the players and telling them they’re great. 
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:19pm
Rafa got lauded for keeping them up last season too, always thought he got far to much credit.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:16pm
Bruce is doing very well

Most people had Newcastle to go down and Bruce to be sacked by now 

A Newcastle fan on here should do a Planning, and continually bump those predictions as well as the bookmakers odds for relegation every few weeks throughout the season 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 12:00pm
Clark was amazing again Clap,Bruce is rapidly proving doubters wrong.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 6:03pm
Bruce has done a very good job, absolutely poison to watch but football is all about results.

I've watched Joelinton closely lately, not much of a goal threat but he's so effective in retaining possession and hassling defenders when Newcastle are waiting on bodies to get up to support him.

I was hoping you c**ts would get relegated this season but unfortunately that's not happening Tongue

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Bruce has done a very good job, absolutely poison to watch but football is all about results.

I've watched Joelinton closely lately, not much of a goal threat but he's so effective in retaining possession and hassling defenders when Newcastle are waiting on bodies to get up to support him.

I was hoping you c**ts would get relegated this season but unfortunately that's not happening Tongue

Really?
I disagree completely !
Did you watch the Rochdale away game in the cup?
He was the worst player on the pitch against a team from league one,he is physical but his lack of pace is shocking,Being honest i was gutted when Rafa left and Bruce arrived but i was absolutely sick when Joelinton arrived and the fee was mental considering Ashley's annual lack of funds ,i have seen Joelinton play live quite a few times,He played for Rapid Vienna here in Salzburg and was well off the pace, he came on loan as a flop in the German Bundesliga for Hoffenheim,spent 2 seasons at Rapid and scored 15 goals in 60 odd games in the Austrian league ,his first touch can be awful at times and Carroll is a way better option as a big front man to hold the ball up.

I always hope Hunderland get relegated every season,........they normally do Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
The transfer fee was outrageous for a striker with his goal scoring record for sure, he's probably only worth half of that but I watched Newcastle a good few times this season and just felt while he doesn't score, he gets through a mountain of work.

I didn't catch the Rochdale game but yeah I read the reports on him, he was roundly slated.

Felt he had a very good game yesterday mind, again only my opinion.

I think Saint Maxim (spelling) is a breath of fresh for the league, every team needs a player like him he's really good!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:59pm

The transfer fee was outrageous for a striker with his goal scoring record for sure, he's probably only worth half of that but I watched Newcastle a good few times this season and just felt while he doesn't score, he gets through a mountain of work.

I didn't catch the Rochdale game but yeah I read the reports on him, he was roundly slated.

Felt he had a very good game yesterday mind, again only my opinion.

I think Saint Maxim (spelling) is a breath of fresh for the league, every team needs a player like him he's really good!

He is named Slowlinton for a reason, Saint Maxim is a livewire ,sadly though,he might be too good and i would be  surprised if he isn't sold for huge profit in the summer,he reminds me of Mane when he played here for Salzburg.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:39am
Bruce has done a great job. Agree with above assessment of Joelinton he's not the quickest at all, but he does hold the ball up at times when needed, but nowhere near being worth 40m.

Was delighted for him scoring against Rochdale, had a decent chance against Chelsea too, so you can see his confidence growing a little.

Saint Max really does bring a lot to the team I'll agree but he's also a great character which always helps endear to fans.

Looks like Jetro Willems is out for rest of the season and will be heading back to Frankfurt which is a blow. 

Lazaro looks to be coming in from Inter Milan always thought he was a decent player so will be interesting to see how he does.

Jarrod Bowen transfer seems to gathered some more speed too depending on where you read he's either going to sign a new deal or has asked to leave.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:47am
Just announced both Willems and Dummet out for rest of the season, looks like Ritchie will be covering leftwing back until a replacement comes in. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 1:18pm
Out of the blue, Nabil Bentaleb is doing a medical
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Bruce has done a great job. Agree with above assessment of Joelinton he's not the quickest at all, but he does hold the ball up at times when needed, but nowhere near being worth 40m.

Was delighted for him scoring against Rochdale, had a decent chance against Chelsea too, so you can see his confidence growing a little.

Saint Max really does bring a lot to the team I'll agree but he's also a great character which always helps endear to fans.

Looks like Jetro Willems is out for rest of the season and will be heading back to Frankfurt which is a blow. 

Lazaro looks to be coming in from Inter Milan always thought he was a decent player so will be interesting to see how he does.

Jarrod Bowen transfer seems to gathered some more speed too depending on where you read he's either going to sign a new deal or has asked to leave.

Lazaro Confused

Right wing/wing back, he was hailed as a superkid here at Salzburg,spent about 5 years here but never really achieved his potential , runs down a lot of blind alleys,went to Hertha and Inter but i don't think he played much , a squad player.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Lazaro Confused

Right wing/wing back, he was hailed as a superkid here at Salzburg,spent about 5 years here but never really achieved his potential , runs down a lot of blind alleys,went to Hertha and Inter but i don't think he played much , a squad player.

the very same LOL

Sounds just like a player who'd fit right in

Edited by lassassinblanc - 20 Jan 2020 at 3:00pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:14pm
0 shots on target until the 94th minute and come back from 2-0 down.

Pickford the eejit stood behind his own line when he saved the scramble for the 2nd goal LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:02am
Pickford is a Toon fan Tongue
These late goals are becoming a habit,10 points from the holy grail....

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
Madness, great result, does paper over some of the cracks though, as Coyne says the first Lejuene goal was the first shot on target, Everton should have won that game but that's football isn't it.

Bless Pickford and his small arms
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 4:28pm

Madness, great result, does paper over some of the cracks though, as Coyne says the first Lejuene goal was the first shot on target, Everton should have won that game but that's football isn't it.

Pickford seems to let playing against Newcastle get under his skin and often under performs against them which would be worrying and I would question his mental strength as much as anything.

On the result, that's the beauty of football mind, even if you create f**k all barring you're not 4-0/5-0 down at Half Time you always have a chance.

Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 8:18pm

Pickford seems to let playing against Newcastle get under his skin and often under performs against them which would be worrying and I would question his mental strength as much as anything.

On the result, that's the beauty of football mind, even if you create f**k all barring you're not 4-0/5-0 down at Half Time you always have a chance.
Pickford is a decent keeper but won't develop any further than where he is now. He is very similar to Joe Hart in the levels he'll go through. 
He really struggles against Newcastle which is great fun for the fans who spend 90 minutes goading him because it often works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 236237238239240 267>
  Share Topic