Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 267>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 7:47pm
I like Mitrovic but he doesn't look a natural finisher. He's still young so anything under 30m is probably considered a bargain. He's strong,good in the air in fairness.

Its a big investment and risk for Fulham for a player who is still probably relatively unproven as a consistent scorer given his record for both Newcastle and Fulham overall. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

supposedly Newcastle can't afford to buy a new LB for 8m. Sad state of affairs for them considering they've sold a few players and the money a premier league team makes

That report came from the Sun I wouldn't read too much into it

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I like Mitrovic but he doesn't look a natural finisher. He's still young so anything under 30m is probably considered a bargain. He's strong,good in the air in fairness.

Its a big investment and risk for Fulham for a player who is still probably relatively unproven as a consistent scorer given his record for both Newcastle and Fulham overall. 

€30million isn't a bargain for Mitrovic, no matter what way you look at it.

I can see why Fulham were desperate to get him back because he was really impressive on loan at Fulham for the 4/5 months or so but they've definitely paid over the odds for him.

A player who was surplus to requirements at Newcastle, shouldn't be going for that money.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

€30million isn't a bargain for Mitrovic, no matter what way you look at it.

I can see why Fulham were desperate to get him back because he was really impressive on loan at Fulham for the 4/5 months or so but they've definitely paid over the odds for him.

A player who was surplus to requirements at Newcastle, shouldn't be going for that money.

He wasn't surplus to requirements, Benitez simply didn't like him as he prefers the good old fashioned #9 who holds the ball up, he couldn't hold a door open when he played for Newcastle but he could finish.

The irony is his hold up play was fantastic for Serbia over the summer, but he couldn't finish his breakfast so you could perhaps say Rafa was premature.

Edited by coyne - 31 Jul 2018 at 4:28pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 10:31am
Rafa's issue with Mitro was he never tracked back and when he did didn't do his job properly or at least to Rafa's liking. Plus he was very wasteful in front of goal when Rafa gave him a chance

I think 27m is a steal for Newcastle which is hopefully reinvested but I believe that most transfers now that it will be paid in installments rather than a one off fee.

So despite media saying it is 27m it's only something like 4m added to bank every year.

Looking like the Rondon deal is going to drag on as Gayle doesn't want to leave.

Muto should be completed tomorrow I believe.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 2:48pm
Image result for yoshi
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 2:58pm
Is there a joke I am missing out on here?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Is there a joke I am missing out on here?

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/mut%C5%8D-completes-magpies-move

Edited by lassassinblanc - 02 Aug 2018 at 3:01pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 3:10pm
I had to use Google, but I'm with you now!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 4:31pm
Adam Armstrong leaving is a strange one, when you consider some of the dross that’s been spent over the years you would think he would of been given a chance!

Decent young player imo 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 1:51pm
So NUFC players are on media-strike over protest over bonuses, Mike Ashley refusing to budge.

House of Fraser goes into administration 8am today, 
Mike Ashley buys House of Fraser for £90 million at 10:15am.

Also the club made a profit of £28 million in transfers despite his promise Rafa would get every penny back.

He doesn't help himself does he LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:04pm
This may be the first strike ever that I am against. What a spoilt bunch of ****s.
Again, as much as I dislike Ashley, ' businessman in trying to make himself richer' really isn't much of a headline.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

So NUFC players are on media-strike over protest over bonuses, Mike Ashley refusing to budge.

House of Fraser goes into administration 8am today, 
Mike Ashley buys House of Fraser for £90 million at 10:15am.

Also the club made a profit of £28 million in transfers despite his promise Rafa would get every penny back.

He doesn't help himself does he LOL

Bonus thing was sorted out two days ago
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:53pm

This may be the first strike ever that I am against. What a spoilt bunch of ****s.
Again, as much as I dislike Ashley, ' businessman in trying to make himself richer' really isn't much of a headline.
While I agree slightly you have to remember football is a job too. If you for example were offered the same bonus as you were 2 years ago after you earned your company treble the amount of money you did that year you'd be rightly annoyed
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Adam Armstrong leaving is a strange one, when you consider some of the dross that’s been spent over the years you would think he would of been given a chance!

Decent young player imo 

Yeah never really given a chance
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

While I agree slightly you have to remember football is a job too. If you for example were offered the same bonus as you were 2 years ago after you earned your company treble the amount of money you did that year you'd be rightly annoyed
If I was in a job where I was offered a bonus at all I would have been much better at suicide.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 3:11pm
Some positives some negatives to take from today

We won't be playing Spurs each week

Muto looked like he'll be a good signing a few intelligent runs 

Rondon looked a hand full, just needs a bit of time to gel with rest of team. Unlucky not to score though.

Yedlin defensively not great but he picked up a bad injury and will most likely be out for a couple of weeks meaning it's manquillo or sterry at right back.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 1:37pm
Kenedy didnt complete one pass in the 1st half today versus Cardiff according to sky. The central midfielder is being watched closely by Martin O'Neill who is hoping with a name like Kenedy he has Irish eligibility.  ''He's exactly the type of central midfielder we need who fits our style of play'' said O'Neill.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 267>
  Share Topic