Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 267>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Agreed deal to sign Dubravka permanently Thumbs Up

Not good for Rob then Cry

I'd say it will be between himself and Darlow for the number 2 spot. Both will be offered out to teams if Woodman comes back in it will be whoever gets the bigger fee who will leave.

I think Elliot is better keeper between himself and Darlow and was rightly number 1 at the start of the season but injury and his lack of ball playing ability ultimately seen Darlow come in ahead of him as he has better feet but is obviously a vampire as he seems reluctant to come for crosses when he does he flaps aimlessly at them.

Dubravka since he came in has done well with the ball at his feet and has good command of his area for crosses and actually seem to catch balls, so he is rightly our number 1 now.
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:10pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Agreed deal to sign Dubravka permanently Thumbs Up

Not good for Rob then Cry

I'd say it will be between himself and Darlow for the number 2 spot. Both will be offered out to teams if Woodman comes back in it will be whoever gets the bigger fee who will leave.

I think Elliot is better keeper between himself and Darlow and was rightly number 1 at the start of the season but injury and his lack of ball playing ability ultimately seen Darlow come in ahead of him as he has better feet but is obviously a vampire as he seems reluctant to come for crosses when he does he flaps aimlessly at them.

Dubravka since he came in has done well with the ball at his feet and has good command of his area for crosses and actually seem to catch balls, so he is rightly our number 1 now.

Hope it's Rob that leaves. Need him somewhere getting  game time regularly  especially if Randolph picks up a knock 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 24 May 2018 at 12:11pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 9:09am
Rumoured to be the away kit next season

Lovely throwback to the 96 away jersey if true

Edited by lassassinblanc - 30 May 2018 at 9:11am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 5:48pm
Ki Sung-yueng looks to be on his way on a free transfer
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 7:42pm

Ki Sung-yueng looks to be on his way on a free transfer

confirmed Thumbs Up

Decent enough signing adds some competition and knows the league
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Positives to take 11 v 11 looked solid enough.

Shelvey stupidly got sent off. Injuries also had a big affect.

We won't be playing Spurs each week

I think Newcastle are really lacking someone in midfield to pull the strings, with the pace of the likes of Atsu/Gayle/Perez they will threaten many sides if they hit form "but" would you agree that the team are lacking someone to give them the ball required to get the best out of them?

The new season is defo in full swing when the Toons number 1 fan is back to help us out LOL

The answer is Mikel Merino.

Turned out to be a poor signing, no doubt he has plenty of ability but nowhere near consistent enough.

Rafa has been very quiet so far in the transfer market, surely that's a worry?

Reckon Ki is a very shrewd signing mind, good professional.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:29am

I think Newcastle are really lacking someone in midfield to pull the strings, with the pace of the likes of Atsu/Gayle/Perez they will threaten many sides if they hit form "but" would you agree that the team are lacking someone to give them the ball required to get the best out of them?

The new season is defo in full swing when the Toons number 1 fan is back to help us out LOL

Turned out to be a poor signing, no doubt he has plenty of ability but nowhere near consistent enough.

I think it's more  a case of we need to sell before we can buy due to squad size.

Mitro,colback,Saivet,hayden,lazaar,Sels would all be on the list to be shipped out. I think the TV money from last year is land in Toon bank account this week.

In terms of Merino, he played well for us got injured and never got a luck in after due Diame's form. lad was suffering from home sickness so best to let him go Ki as you say is a decent replacement for him knows the league and linked up well with Shelvey during their Swansea days.

If Kenedy can continue the way he played last season for us then that would be another very good signing for us.

From reports Rondon seems to be the man Rafa wants, I think he too would be a very good signing  seems a typical Rafa style forward big, strong and hardworking (something Mitro maybe wasn't).
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 8:10am
Ashley and Rafa are playing the biggest game of Russian Roulette since the Deer Hunter it seems.

Ashley won't give any money until a new contract is signed and Rafa won't sign a new contract until he gets money, who'll blink first....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:42pm

Ashley and Rafa are playing the biggest game of Russian Roulette since the Deer Hunter it seems.

Ashley won't give any money until a new contract is signed and Rafa won't sign a new contract until he gets money, who'll blink first....

Rafa will probably just see out the final year of his contract and move on?

There is no doubting he's a good manager, but he never seems to be content no matter how much he spends. (Not talking about this summer mind, I can feel his frustration)

It's hard to know where Newcastle want to be in the next few years, it's looking like Ashley doesn't want to take the club to the next level yet seems intent on holding onto the club.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:59pm

I think it's more  a case of we need to sell before we can buy due to squad size.

Mitro,colback,Saivet,hayden,lazaar,Sels would all be on the list to be shipped out. I think the TV money from last year is land in Toon bank account this week.

In terms of Merino, he played well for us got injured and never got a luck in after due Diame's form. lad was suffering from home sickness so best to let him go Ki as you say is a decent replacement for him knows the league and linked up well with Shelvey during their Swansea days.

If Kenedy can continue the way he played last season for us then that would be another very good signing for us.

From reports Rondon seems to be the man Rafa wants, I think he too would be a very good signing  seems a typical Rafa style forward big, strong and hardworking (something Mitro maybe wasn't).

Rondon is quality and does a thankless up top, granted he's not an out and out goalscorer but would be an ideal foil for a poacher to play alongside.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 1:31pm

Rafa will probably just see out the final year of his contract and move on?

There is no doubting he's a good manager, but he never seems to be content no matter how much he spends. (Not talking about this summer mind, I can feel his frustration)

It's hard to know where Newcastle want to be in the next few years, it's looking like Ashley doesn't want to take the club to the next level yet seems intent on holding onto the club.

Oh I agree Rafa has always had I want more money gripe wherever he has been, He walked from Liverpool and Valencia because of it so can definitely see him leaving Newcastle end of the season.

Only hope is that someone agrees to meet Ashley's 400m  price tag
Steve Shrewd View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Shrewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 5:03pm
Rondon always reminds me of Heskey, big physical striker that can be a right handful but lacks a finish in front of goal

Edited by Steve Shrewd - 20 Jul 2018 at 5:06pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:16am
Test post
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 1:31pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 11:44pm
The MP for Central Newcastle handed in a petition for parliamentary debate today to demand Mike Ashley invests in Newcastle Utd LOL

Everyone else is sh*tting themselves about the country self imploding with Brexit etc but she comes along and she's like I'm f**king sick of Mike Ashley LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:58am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The MP for Central Newcastle handed in a petition for parliamentary debate today to demand Mike Ashley invests in Newcastle Utd LOL

Everyone else is sh*tting themselves about the country self imploding with Brexit etc but she comes along and she's like I'm f**king sick of Mike Ashley LOL

Could be worse ...

Could be in League 1 Wink
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:03am

Watched the Rutles the other night this scene had me thinking of Mike Ashley and the current Newcastle funding
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 11:59am

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Could be worse ...

Could be in League 1 Wink

Confused

Edited by coyne - 25 Jul 2018 at 12:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 267>
  Share Topic