Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 267>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Rafa Benitez Rafa Benitez 

Rafa Benitez Rafa Benitez
What is the word on the sale of the club, is that consortium led by that woman (forget her name) still interested? Benitez could build a serious team there if given the time and finance. Superb job he has done there so far considering the squad available to him

No real talk of sale anymore, not even sure if club is still for sale, Staveley is the one you refer to I believe she may still be interested, it will be interesting to see what happens now given that safety is more or less guaranteed. 
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 6:50pm
Ya Staveley is who I was talking about. She came out with some strange statements a couple of months ago, about how Ashley was acting very weird while talks did take place earlier in the season. The quicker they get shot of Ashley the better. Would love to see owners come in and pump some bit of money in, Benitez with any sort of budget will turn them into a strong side given the time.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:12am
Great banner at the game ‘We are Geordie. Cock of the north’
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:26am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Great banner at the game ‘We are Geordie. Cock of the north’
That's from the old chant.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Ya Staveley is who I was talking about. She came out with some strange statements a couple of months ago, about how Ashley was acting very weird while talks did take place earlier in the season. The quicker they get shot of Ashley the better. Would love to see owners come in and pump some bit of money in, Benitez with any sort of budget will turn them into a strong side given the time.

Aye think i posted it in full few pages back. Only time will tell , as said given we are pretty much safe and that was supposedly one the sticking blocks in the deal between Ashley and PCP as they weren't prepared to pay the full 350m he wanted due the potential of them getting relegated.

now were they prepared to come in with a full bid now it would be interesting to see what happens.
Was a piece in mirror a week or so ago saying that talks had reopened but i'd take that with a pinch of salt.

All i know is Rafa has done a fantastic job with what he has available to him. The likes of Kennedy was a great signing as was Dubravka. Slimani made a big difference when he came on yesterday and if given starts in last few games should bag 1 or 2 goals.

Having a goalkeeper who doesn't make you fear for your life every time a ball came into the box was a major turning point this season. If i had to choose between any of the 3 loan signings to make permanent it would be Dubravka all the way.
da_launchpad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 4:32pm
If Staveley and PCP purchase the club and back Benitez, can we win the league? surely have to be aiming up there anyway.............dare to dream!!!
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by da_launchpad da_launchpad wrote:

If Staveley and PCP purchase the club and back Benitez, can we win the league? surely have to be aiming up there anyway.............dare to dream!!!

Was actually joking with someone today saying we could do a Leicester LOL
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:08pm

That's no joke lad Thumbs Up
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:12am

That's no joke lad Thumbs Up

Wacko  Not at all deluded Clap
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:54am
LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:05am
One of my mates said to me during the match on Sunday that an argument could be made for Rafa being a better manager than Wenger. If you were to base your answer on what they've won, it's actually a difficult one to answer LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 3:00pm
Rumours of Rafa going to Arsenal, right enough.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 4:24pm
Can't see him moving to them. Only team I see him managing in England is the pool again but they ain't doing too bad under ned flanders at the minute

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 10:30am
Mitrovic scored again on Friday ,granted ,he should be scoring against League one opposition but if Fulham go up I reckon they would pay a decent fee for him.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 5:15pm
Pre Seasoning in Ireland again
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:14pm
Agreed deal to sign Dubravka permanently Thumbs Up
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:47pm

Source?

Looking like Ashley is gonna still own the club...............FFS!!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 4:56pm

Not good for Rob then Cry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 267>
  Share Topic