You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 267>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:41pm
Saying he will accept payment in installments and if he is still in charge in January he will give Rafa a few quid.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
Amanda Staveley and PCP Capital investments have entered due diligence phase of take over 

Looks like takeover could happen soon

Also someone has already gotten to Amanda's wiki page: LOL

Staveley, who once described herself as "a Geordie at heart", a regular on reddits message boards; r/nufc and r/nufcirclejerk, who fondly looking back on last seasons Periscope and Pepe streams,[8] told The Guardian newspaper in 2008: "I'm just grateful to have been given the opportunities I've had so far. It's not about money — it wouldn't matter if I was making £8 million or £200 million. I just want to go to bed at night and shout "HOWAY THE LADS", before furiously finger blasting myself to photos of Shola 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 8:52am
Saturdays game was one of the worst i have seen this season,both teams couldn't string 5 passes together,a win is a win though and another step in the 40 points direction.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Saturdays game was one of the worst i have seen this season,both teams couldn't string 5 passes together,a win is a win though and another step in the 40 points direction.

Aye not pretty but effective none the less.

4th best defence is the league, Rafa knows how to set up teams to defend
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 9:16am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

That is very true,he stuck with Lejeune too after his stupid penalty give away v Southampton,hope Clark gets back in soon,it does give you a vote of confidence though when Dummet and Anita are not the starting full backs.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 9:26am

That is very true,he stuck with Lejeune too after his stupid penalty give away v Southampton,hope Clark gets back in soon,it does give you a vote of confidence though when Dummet and Anita are not the starting full backs.

Well Dummett is out injured, I'd actually fully expect him to come back in once fit, even though Manquillo seems to be better at left then right back.

Tbf with Lejuene bar giving away the penalty last week he was pretty solid would have been harsh to drop him just for that.

Rafa has always been and always will be an advocate of rotation I'd expect Clark to come back in the next week or two.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 7:42pm
My Twitter has imploded with news of Fat Mike is selling up to that Staveley lass.

£300 million + Keep those Sports Direct advertisements everywhere is the bid made

Edited by coyne - 20 Nov 2017 at 7:47pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2017 at 10:02pm
Best news I had all day. Obviously a lot still to be negotiated but promising.
da_launchpad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 11:07am
Struggling big time!!!! Game against Man City was similar to watching Ireland play a few games with the negative style but needs must I guess such is the gulf in class. Have to get a win today and get that takeover completed please God might have something to cheer about then. Howay the lads
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by da_launchpad da_launchpad wrote:

Struggling big time!!!! Game against Man City was similar to watching Ireland play a few games with the negative style but needs must I guess such is the gulf in class. Have to get a win today and get that takeover completed please God might have something to cheer about then. Howay the lads

I think a lot of fuss was made about how we played against City mostly from the sky sports disciples.

As I was pointed out somewhere Neville who was the biggest fuss thrower played all his career for a team at the top he only knows that mentality.

End of the day of course City won due to a laspe in concentration and poor covering and some luck in terms of Aguero leaving his shooting boots at home plus some good goalkeeping from Els but we nearly took points off them.

While Gayle dived I have to admit I've seen them given.

Must win today as you say the bottom of the table is so close though 1 win or lose and your away or back in it.

Hopefully Wor Mandy comes in and gives us some much needed funds to strength.

Have seen Slimani linked think he'd suit our style of play so wouldn't be a bad signing but if we are looking at loan signings I'd be after Michy Batshuyia he has to after some first team chances with WC in the summer
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 1:16pm
A big game today away to stoke. I was at the Brighton match on Saturday and it was a very poor game, one of the worst I've seen in a few years. Struggled to put 3 passes together then lobbing the ball forward to Gayle against two huge centre backs was very frustrating to watch.

The team looks unlikely to see any investment in January either as the club is supposed to be up for sale. It's beginning to look a lot relegation again.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 1:26pm
Saw Rafa getting hammered in the press for his approach to the City game, he was pretty much half arsed with the Brighton game in mind, pretended the City game didn't even happen. If he'd won at Brighton then he would of been vindicated but he didn't so he's looking a bit silly now.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm
Actually had time to watch a game,thought the team were a level above Stoke for 80 mins, could have had a few penalties and missed a load of chances,once the goal went in though,sat back and invited Stoke on to them and were lucky to survive thanks to some  fantastic saves from Darlow.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 10:11pm
Staveley has registered a new company talk the deal is done and announcement will be made on 6th January.

Saudi Royal Family supposedly involved
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 8:54am

Staveley has registered a new company talk the deal is done and announcement will be made on 6th January.

Source?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:05am

Source?

https://cominghomenewcastle.sbnation.com/2018/1/2/16842322/takeover-watch-2018-stavely-registers-new-company
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 10:29am
What players you reckon Newcastle are looking at in Jan if the deal is done Lass? Sturridge? They definitely need a striker from somewhere anyway.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 10:32am

Well known for their love of the Geordie people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 267>
  Share Topic