You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 267>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da_launchpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:06am
Jacob Murphy will be a very good signing. 

Anybody down earlier at North Earl street? Heading on holidays tomorrow so can't get out of work to head over
If in doubt just f**k it out!!! Stop the nonsense as Johnny Giles would say
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:39am
Work out in Blanch so couldn't head in, would have liked to, Would have whispered more transfer targets to Rafa.

Last time they were over here he asked I recommended Duffy or Clark, two weeks later we signed Clark..should have said Messi
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:10pm
Confirmed Javier Manquillo is doing medical too.

Not sure what to think about it tbh, didn't set the world alight last season while at Sunderland (I suppose no one really did though)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Not sure what to think about it tbh, didn't set the world alight last season while at Sunderland (I suppose no one really did though)

Well when Billy Jones gets ahead of you in the team it says alot... LOL 

Can't see him getting ahead of Yedlin but did make most of his appearances out of position at makeshift left back..
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Well when Billy Jones gets ahead of you in the team it says alot... LOL 

Can't see him getting ahead of Yedlin but did make most of his appearances out of position at makeshift left back..

Think he can play on both right and left, o decent cover I suppose, Spanish so I'd imagine Rafa knows him well only 23 too which is gives him time to improve
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:38pm
Jacob Murphy's parents are from Newcastle and he would of been if they hadn't moved down to London when he was born, someone like him who will play for the shirt regardless how talented he is will give alot more than any mercenary they've signed the past few years.

Supposedly made a bid from his brother Josh too, I saw Chris Hughton make good references about them, but he never knew which brother was Jacob or Josh so he assigned them a pair of boots each so he knew which brother was who LOL

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 3:44pm
Think he'll be a good singing for that exact reason, in that he knows what it means for the fans and he'll give his all.

I think Rafa was joking when he said they'd like to sign Josh.

Heard the story alright about Hughton asking them to wear different colour boots LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 12:08pm
Cathro sacked by Hearts, wonder if Rafa will look to bring back to the club., he seemed very impressed by him when he came in and kept him part of his backroom staff
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:00pm

Cathro sacked by Hearts, wonder if Rafa will look to bring back to the club., he seemed very impressed by him when he came in and kept him part of his backroom staff

It looked a brave and ambitious appointment by Hearts but it turned out a disaster. He came across as a cross between Norman Bates and Sheldon Cooper, both in terms of personality and football knowledge.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It looked a brave and ambitious appointment by Hearts but it turned out a disaster. He came across as a cross between Norman Bates and Sheldon Cooper, both in terms of personality and football knowledge.

I think that best sums him up alright LOL

Another one of those who falls into the category of good assistant but sh*te when he steps up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:24pm
I just don't think anybody could talk him seriously, I can't imagine having Craig Levein upstairs helped either.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 12:27pm
Bid accepted for Lucas Perez supposedly 13.5m with extra 2m depending on appearances and goals etc.

From what I seen of him at Arsenal looks a good player.

Also talk that Lucas Vasquez wants to quit Real Madrid for more game time ahead of the World Cup. Been linked with Newcastle,Liverpool,Arsenal and Roma. Out of those 4 you'd have to say his best chance of 1st team would be Newcastle. Would say he cost at 18-25m though whether Ashley is willing to fund that is another question
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:08pm

Bid accepted for Lucas Perez supposedly 13.5m with extra 2m depending on appearances and goals etc.

Also talk that Lucas Vasquez wants to quit Real Madrid for more game time ahead of the World Cup. Been linked with Newcastle,Liverpool,Arsenal and Roma. Out of those 4 you'd have to say his best chance of 1st team would be Newcastle. Would say he cost at 18-25m though whether Ashley is willing to fund that is another question

Smart move would be to Roma as a direct replacement for Salah.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Smart move would be to Roma as a direct replacement for Salah.

True but perhaps Rafa influence may tempt him to become a Geordie
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:20pm

Source LB?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Source LB?

Spanish lad in work heard it on one the Sports channels coming into work. Says the channel is usually spot on as they have a lot of contacts in Various La Liga clubs.

Has also just told me that Roma have bid €35 for Lucas Vasquez. That be Toons chances gone if true LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:39pm
Jack Colback's been told he's not gonna be registered for the 25 man EPL squad. LOL

If it had been any other footballer on the planet the reaction would of been 'oh' but because it's him it's actually funny. LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 8:23am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Jack Colback's been told he's not gonna be registered for the 25 man EPL squad. LOL

If it had been any other footballer on the planet the reaction would of been 'oh' but because it's him it's actually funny. LOL

Thank feck for that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 267>
  Share Topic