Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The SPL thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 50>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:53pm
Forrest, McGregor, Morelos and Kent up for PFA player of the year

Surely in the interests of sportsmanship and integrity that rat Morelos can't win

Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Forrest, McGregor, Morelos and Kent up for PFA player of the year

Surely in the interests of sportsmanship and integrity that rat Morelos can't win

It's between Alan McGregor and James Forrest for me, I can't decide.

The Young Player of the Year nominations are - Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen), Jake Hastie (Motherwell), David Turbull (Motherwell), Ryan Kent (Rangers).

David Turnbull deserves that award without a doubt. He's had an excellent season.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:43pm
Its Callum McGregor got nominated, not Beastie
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:46pm

Embarrassed LOL

In that case, I'd go for Forrest. McGregor burnt out in the last couple of months. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Embarrassed LOL

In that case, I'd go for Forrest. McGregor burnt out in the last couple of months. 
Forrest has a bit too though. I think McGregor deserves it.

I feel Ajer should have been on the young player shortlist.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:12pm
Results announced:

Player of the Year - James Forrest (Celtic)
Manager of the Year - Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)
Young Player of the Year - Ryan Kent (Rangers)

No arguments from me with regard to Forrest and Clarke's awards but I really felt David Turnbull (Motherwell) was a far more deserving recipient of the award for young player of the year.

Team of the Year was:

Allan McGregor (Rangers)
James Tavernier (Rangers)
Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic)
Dedryck Boyata (Celtic)
Craig Halkett (Livingston)
Callum McGregor (Celtic)
Scott Brown (Celtic)
Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen)
James Forrest (Celtic)
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers)
Ryan Kent (Rangers)

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 05 May 2019 at 10:14pm
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:40pm
Turnbull is a quality, can’t see him being at Motherwell for much longer. The thing that surprised me is that Ajer and Edouard weren’t nominated for young player of the year and Ajer made the team of the year. Kilmarnock definitely deserved a player in the team of the year..maybe Alan Power or Gary Dicker?
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Results announced:

Player of the Year - James Forrest (Celtic)
Manager of the Year - Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)
Young Player of the Year - Ryan Kent (Rangers)

No arguments from me with regard to Forrest and Clarke's awards but I really felt David Turnbull (Motherwell) was a far more deserving recipient of the award for young player of the year.

Team of the Year was:

Allan McGregor (Rangers)
James Tavernier (Rangers)
Kristoffer Ajer (Celtic)
Dedryck Boyata (Celtic)
Craig Halkett (Livingston)
Callum McGregor (Celtic)
Scott Brown (Celtic)
Graeme Shinnie (Aberdeen)
James Forrest (Celtic)
Alfredo Morelos (Rangers)
Ryan Kent (Rangers)

Boyata LOL

Ajer should have been the 'young player', but I guess they have to be seen to spread them out.

Edited by pre Madonna - 05 May 2019 at 10:49pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 9:55am
A sham
That was Turnbulls trophy all year
They gave it to that Kent cos he plays for the Huns and they need to feel like they've earned something this year
Scotland is all about appeasing Huns
Even that Motherwell winger Hastie got a nomination after only playing top tier since Jan / Feb , ahead of Ajer?? He only got nominated cos he's joining sevco

It's also a fecking begging letter to Liverpool, "oh look look look, we develop players to be outstanding up here !! "

Load of corrupt pish

Feck the SFA, feck the spl and feck Scotland

***This also belongs in the sevco thread***

Edited by tonyjaa - 06 May 2019 at 10:10am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

A sham
They gave it to that Kent cos he plays for the Huns and they need to feel like they've earned something this year
Even that Motherwell winger Hastie got a nomination after only playing top tier since Jan / Feb , ahead of Ajer?? He only got nominated cos he's joining sevco

It's also a fecking begging letter to Liverpool, "oh look look look, we develop players to be outstanding up here !! "

Load of corrupt pish

I am a Scot.

Am I an anti-Irish, anti-Catholic bigot then ?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 3:49pm

A sham

Load of corrupt pish

TonyjaaClapClap 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:06pm
The worst kept secret in football has been confirmed Steve Clarke has left Killie to be the Scotland manager.

He must be mad!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

The worst kept secret in football has been confirmed Steve Clarke has left Killie to be the Scotland manager.

He must be mad!

Patriotic is the word I'd use Clap

We do have a couple of half decent young players he can soon get involved such as Turnbull (Motherwell), Taylor (Kilmarnock) and Ferguson (Aberdeen).

He's someone who will certainly command more respect from the players anyway, unlike McLeish.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:16pm
They finally have a decent manager, he has a hell of a job on his hands though! I really hoped it would be Moyes, just to keep him away from Celtic!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

The worst kept secret in football has been confirmed Steve Clarke has left Killie to be the Scotland manager. [DIV]  [/DIV][DIV]He must be mad![/DIV]

A loss to the league, he did incredible at Kilmarnock

The 8 points he took off of sevco were a great help to Celtic winning the league

The dream team of Fat salary/McDowall/Durrant already linked to Kilmarnock

That's a guaranteed sevco 12 points for next season now
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 4:52pm
Huge loss to Kilmarnock and the SPFL but a great appointment by Scotland. Impossible act to follow at kilmarnock 
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 5:12pm
Clarke did a superb job for Killie.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 6:21pm

A loss to the league, he did incredible at Kilmarnock

The 8 points he took off of sevco were a great help to Celtic winning the league

The dream team of Fat salary/McDowall/Durrant already linked to Kilmarnock

That's a guaranteed sevco 12 points for next season now

There's no chance that the Kilmarnock supporters will stand for a magnificent managerial failure like McCoist being appointed manager. Besides you would have to somehow manoeuvre his huge arse out of his chair at the talksport studio.

It's more likely to be Clarke's assistant Alex Dyer (if he doesn't join Scotland in the next few days), Gary Holt (who would be a popular appointment with the fans), Derek Adams, Alan Stubbs or Jim Goodwin.

Or they could surprise everyone and make Kris Boyd player-manager.

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 20 May 2019 at 6:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 50>
  Share Topic