You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353354355356357 470>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:33pm
A point each then? Or will it be rescheduled?

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A point each then? Or will it be rescheduled?

To make it fair the 6 Nations have awarded the win to Ireland
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:46pm
Point each and branded as the half Corona match
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Point each and branded as the half Corona match

Triple Corona Champions
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 4:53pm
The rugby crowd will probably blame the IRA Army Council for them losing the 6 Nations
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 5:17pm
The army council would be quite happy with just the one Nation
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:37am

What's the thoughts on the Joe Marler cock grab incident in the Wales v England game? I've seen some people call it sexual assault and Gareth Thomas has apologised for the joke he made about it whilst on punditry duty. 

El Puto Amo
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

What's the thoughts on the Joe Marler cock grab incident in the Wales v England game? I've seen some people call it sexual assault and Gareth Thomas has apologised for the joke he made about it whilst on punditry duty. 

Well, I mean quite clearly it is sexual assault. And generally speaking there does appear to be a different reaction to it now in the post #metoo era than there would have been say even four or five years ago. Marler has obviously tried to get into his head but he definitely crossed the line and I'd imagine he'll get a decent ban as World Rugby won't be keen to see any replication of it in future.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:49am
This particular England team is a really nasty, cynical team, that doesn’t really need to have this edge. The wagon circling after the legitimate red card has also been breathtaking. Jones is reducing post match commentary to what you see in the Premier League. Really dislike him.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:51am

What was the joke? 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:54am

Nuts
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 10:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

What was the joke? 

I personally thought he reached for the low hanging fruit (ooh matron!) with the gag but it was still amusing. He got hammered for making light of sexual assault which seems way OTT to me. 

El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:03am
Much ado about nothing, it is more self-deprecating than anything else.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

This particular England team is a really nasty, cynical team, that doesn’t really need to have this edge. The wagon circling after the legitimate red card has also been breathtaking. Jones is reducing post match commentary to what you see in the Premier League. Really dislike him.

They are a deeply unlikeable side. Their coach is an almost pantomime villain level of d*ckhead, their captain and star player is constantly escaping punishment for cheap-shots, the wider team follows those two leads with massively cynical displays (the last 15 mins vs Wales was embarrassing stuff) and their limited-but-effective brand of rugby (i.e keep kicking in behind and applying pressure) also makes for grim viewing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:13am
Jones isn’t very likeable and neither is Farrell, the fact he has made the latter captain only compounds the dislike. In saying that, most rugby teams and players are hard to like. It’s the nature of the sport really, especially how cynical it now is.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 11:37am
For me, it started with Jones in 2017 complaining about Italy not rolling over for England in Twickenham. And since then he has always had a gobby, controversial approach, which makes it all the sweeter when they have tanked a massive lead against Scotland, lost the Grand Slam in Dublin, and failed miserably in a World Cup Final. 

This is a good England side, but not that good. Their mentality is very questionable, and Jones tenure has plenty of poor moments to point to.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:17pm
Last round of fixtures postponed. Likely to be played in October 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Last round of fixtures postponed. Likely to be played in October 
will be closer to next years competition then this years. A bit farcical 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353354355356357 470>
  Share Topic