You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 469>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

I really don’t know how rugby fans get enjoyment from supporting the Ireland team.

they get excited about playing friendly matches in winter that the southern hemisphere teams don’t give a sh*te about.

they play in the 3rd ranked tournament (6 nations) in World Rugby every year and visit the same countries for away trips every second year and they get excited about it.

They go to a world cup every 4 years in a sport that only has about 9 to 10 competitive countries competing yet they have never got past a quarter final stage. 

I really hope next year in Japan they get their asses handed to them in the quarter finals by either NZ or SA. 

You could write something similar about the Ireland football team
Some people just deserve a slap
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

I really don’t know how rugby fans get enjoyment from supporting the Ireland team.

they get excited about playing friendly matches in winter that the southern hemisphere teams don’t give a sh*te about.

they play in the 3rd ranked tournament (6 nations) in World Rugby every year and visit the same countries for away trips every second year and they get excited about it.

They go to a world cup every 4 years in a sport that only has about 9 to 10 competitive countries competing yet they have never got past a quarter final stage. 

I really hope next year in Japan they get their asses handed to them in the quarter finals by either NZ or SA. 

could you on those 3 points above? if so please educate me.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:07am

Impossible.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:09am
Groundhog day on here
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:14am
Image result for old chestnut
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:20am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Impossible.
LOL
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:33am

Aye, because the football team has just been a consistent barrel of laughs over the years. Who the fook supports a team for 'enjoyment' purposes anyway? Following Ireland is purely to satisfy my sadistic needs.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:37am
Ah so it’s that time of the year again when the working class mug gets to play at being an upper class twonk 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Ah so it’s that time of the year again when the working class mug gets to play at being an upper class twonk 

Just like a Sinn Fein voter taking up Tennis during Wimbledon
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:47am
It’s actually very easy to enjoy.

For a start, the limited numbers actually increases the competitive edge. More and more countries are attempting to break into the set. Let’s be honest, the pro era is not even 30 years old. It can only get stronger. Does football actually benefit from games with minow nations? Football is more enfranchised, but that has hardly made it more competitive. There are an entire coterie of teams who will never qualify for a major tournament. Some will rarely if ever win or draw competitive matches.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:56am
a 48 team football world cup will be the pinnacle of competitiveness and enjoyment Thumbs Up
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:05am
8 rugby world cups-4 winners

NZ- 1987, 2011, 2015
Australia- 1991,1999
South Africa- 1995, 2007
England- 2003

8 FIFA world cup sinces 1987 Rugby one- 5 winners

Germany- 1990*, 2014
Brazil- 1994, 2002
France, 1998, 2018
Italy- 2006
Spain- 2010

* As West Germany

Not much difference

Outside of Spain who were probably one the best sporting teams of the last 20 years majority of the World cups finals played have contained the above teams

Edited by lassassinblanc - 26 Oct 2018 at 11:07am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

NZ- 1987, 2011, 2015
Australia- 1991,1999
South Africa- 1995, 2007
England- 2003

Germany- 1990*, 2014
Brazil- 1994, 2002
France, 1998, 2018
Italy- 2006
Spain- 2010

* As West Germany

Not much difference

sweet jesus LOLLOL
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:16pm

NZ- 1987, 2011, 2015
Australia- 1991,1999
South Africa- 1995, 2007
England- 2003

Germany- 1990*, 2014
Brazil- 1994, 2002
France, 1998, 2018
Italy- 2006
Spain- 2010

* As West Germany

Not much difference

Outside of Spain who were probably one the best sporting teams of the last 20 years majority of the World cups finals played have contained the above teams

Finalists and semi finalists present a very different picture.

In rugby there have been 4 different winners, 5 different finalists and 8 different semi finalists.

Over the same period in football, there have been 5 different winners, 8 different finalists and 16 different semi finalists.

That is a damn sight more varied.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:43pm

NZ- 1987, 2011, 2015
Australia- 1991,1999
South Africa- 1995, 2007
England- 2003

Germany- 1990*, 2014
Brazil- 1994, 2002
France, 1998, 2018
Italy- 2006
Spain- 2010

* As West Germany

Not much difference

sweet jesus LOLLOL

LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:15pm
Ah holy fck just seen the Guinness add promoting the all blacks game, sweet Jesus living in the past wha
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:44pm

Ah holy fck just seen the Guinness add promoting the all blacks game, sweet Jesus living in the past wha

What do you mean.  If it wasn't for the Munster v All Blacks game none of us would be 12ft tall now.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What do you mean.  If it wasn't for the Munster v All Blacks game none of us would be 12ft tall now.
Ah yes the oul David and Goliath bullsh*t trotted out again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 316317318319320 469>
  Share Topic