You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 470>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

8/23 are welsh for tomorrow. 9 English, 6 irish.

Exactly most expected it be about 15 Welsh

it's a decent split. considering England won 18/19 test matches over the last two years and most of the coaches being the welsh management, suppose having 6 irish is a good return. still think it's one short, cj stander should be ahead of warburton. hopefully that one will sort itself out for the 2nd test
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 8:57am
How much of a sh!t do NZ Aus and SA players give about the Lions tours?
More or less than their tri-Nations tournament, or whatever it's called now.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Well let's put it this way they don't like to lose it
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:25am
very good half of rugby. Fantastic lions try finished off by O'Brien.
First lions match I've watched this tour, haven't much interest in them, but that was a good half and happy to see O'Brien go over.

Still think New Zealand will be too good but at least its a tight dual
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:29am
Fook me. 

What a try that was. 

Top 5 in the history of the game for sure and the greatest try the British Loins have ever scored.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Well let's put it this way they don't like to lose it
I would imagine the players will be on a decent bonus for winning too.

Great game so far and brilliant try to keep in it, Gatland vindicated in picking Williams at full-back.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:33am
Anyone got a good stream for this? Nothing at all on Front Row Sports or Sportlemon which is very unusual.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:34am
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.feed4u.net/watch/2096945/5/The-British-Irish-Lions.html

This has been fine for me.

Cheers PM Thumbs Up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:43am
Watching it in Slattery's on Capel Street. Absolutely wedged in here.

Good match.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:16am

Once in a career for those lads so I'd say it's as big as a World Cup - for all blacks- if they loose. Winning wouldn't be as rewarding.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 24 Jun 2017 at 10:17am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:24am
Ruthless efficiency by All Blacks
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:28am

Scotland up to 4th in the World Rankings after their win over Australia, and I thought the FIFA rankings were a joke.

Why? The rankings are pretty accurate if you look at results over the past 18 months. There is very little between 3rd and 9th, which is a pretty fair reflection on the state of play. I think the method used is pretty accurate, the problem with FIFA's method is that it treats friendly matches with more respect than the associations do, although they will argue that it is each nation's prerogative how they treat those games.

Fiji 27-22 Scotland
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 10:42am

Scotland up to 4th in the World Rankings after their win over Australia, and I thought the FIFA rankings were a joke.

Why? The rankings are pretty accurate if you look at results over the past 18 months. There is very little between 3rd and 9th, which is a pretty fair reflection on the state of play. I think the method used is pretty accurate, the problem with FIFA's method is that it treats friendly matches with more respect than the associations do, although they will argue that it is each nation's prerogative how they treat those games.

Fiji 27-22 Scotland
Yeah, I watched it earlier and that will probably see them drop back down. Fiji were excellent, they held their discipline much better than against Italy, it has been a good few weeks for them. It also highlights Scotland's problems, they have a very good team but have no strength in depth. Losing someone like Fin Russell is a hammer blow for them.
By the same token, I watched Wales in Samoa yesterday and they were haunted to win on a terrible pitch. I think with Australia just about getting over the line against Italy and South Africa showing some shoots of recovery against France it highlights how little there is between all the teams below the top 2, I guess Ireland would like to think of that as the top 3! 
I fell asleep before the Irish game and only caught the last 15 minutes, comfortable wins though, considering.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:05pm
Very enjoyable third test between South Africa and France, the Springboks are looking a lot better side than the one Ireland beat last Autumn.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 5:07pm
Great game today but you have to tip your cap to the AB - just too good.
Lions have a chance of wining one of these matches but the AB will win the series now.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 10:17am
What a mad,mad game!
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 10:49am
Only seen commentary on it, conclusion seems to be despite getting sin binned Henderson was immense.

And Gatland not using his bench was a baffling decision
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 470>
  Share Topic