You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 470>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 1:01pm
Rugby, rugby, rugby, EPL, MON LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Deise, just so I know how seriously I should take your opinion on the matter, how many Autumn Ireland games (or friendlies as those with an agenda would call them) have you been to? I'm not after an essay. It's a simple question. A number will do.

Next away trip I am on can we have a head to head  debate which I will chair between deise and Paulie on rugby tests v rugby friendlies.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

As Shedite points out in another post, it is perfectly reasonable or logical to argue that these games are more enjoyable, or closely fought, than football friendlies, but that wasn't the point of my question either. At least he freely admits these games don't matter outside of the 80 minutes, and that is an unusual admission for a rugby fan in that it goes against the narrative of every single game being more important than the last one. 
And BTW, I love how being a "rugby fan" on here is seen as a complete negative. In the past 24 hours I've posted in numerous football threads, boxing, cycling, hurling and NFL. Somehow being a rugby sympathiser is a big black mark on here LOL
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

As Shedite points out in another post, it is perfectly reasonable or logical to argue that these games are more enjoyable, or closely fought, than football friendlies, but that wasn't the point of my question either. At least he freely admits these games don't matter outside of the 80 minutes, and that is an unusual admission for a rugby fan in that it goes against the narrative of every single game being more important than the last one. 
And BTW, I love how being a "rugby fan" on here is seen as a complete negative. In the past 24 hours I've posted in numerous football threads, boxing, cycling, hurling and NFL. Somehow being a rugby sympathiser is a big black mark on here LOL

You’re seen as one of these goys if you like the rugby
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:51pm
Yep, that'd be about right. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 1:50am
going to my first rugby match in a few weeks.. Leinster v Munster. No interest but a chance for a few pints with the goysLOL
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

As a somewhat independent observer of the egg sport & its fans Shedite, and also well aware that making sweeping generalisations (to borrow the words of Vinnie Jones/Big Chris in 'Lock, Stock') is ''bound to upset a few characters'' , I generally find egg lads & ladies to be more or less devoid of imagination & independent thinking. I singled out your post as an example of a clear exception to this rule of thumb, and it was actually intended as a (backhanded) compliment & in no way derogatory whatsoever. 

I'm still in awe of how some of them manage to get to exotic destinations such as London & Cardiff every 2nd year, tis a brain busting logistical challenge, the tale of which absolutely none of them will ever regale you with should you happen to bump into them in the bar of the golf club some 4 years later. 

Black mark against rugby fans? Ah sure that's inverse snobbery mate, innit. Rise above it, book yer flight to Rome with Ryanair & post the boarding pass on social meeja, then yer as much a man of the people as Franno is. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:50pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Deise, just so I know how seriously I should take your opinion on the matter, how many Autumn Ireland games (or friendlies as those with an agenda would call them) have you been to? I'm not after an essay. It's a simple question. A number will do.

Has he f**k. 
He wouldn’t waste his money on that bollix. It’s all marketing BS.
He would rather his beloved Manchester United won the league cup than Ireland win the rugby World Cup.
He’s a manc, always has been, always will, it’s in his blood. The best team in the best league in the world.

You are gullible if you believe rugby internationals matter. Brainwashed by the media and silly marketing. 

I've been to exactly zero rugby games ever, but nor am I denigrating those that go to them, friendlies or not.  Seeing I'm only back from attending a distinctly average football friendly in Poland, it would be hypocritical of me to do so. I asked for the opinion of rugby fans on specifically Pichot's description of these games as friendlies, and so far, as regards answering the question, the replies equal the amount of rugby games I have been to. 

Am I to take from your own reply that you believe the vice chairman of world rugby has 'an agenda' too ?
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">As Shedite points out in another post, it is perfectly reasonable or logical to argue that these games are more enjoyable, or closely fought, than football friendlies, but that wasn't the point of my question either. At least he freely admits these games don't matter outside of the 80 minutes, and that is an unusual admission for a rugby fan in that it goes against the narrative of every single game being more important than the last one. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">ZK, has also decided to deliberately miss the point for a 2nd time in a second attempt at a reply & try drag my opinions on an English EPL team into it. Picked a poor example, as the last EPL game I attended was in 1989,  it wasn't even the EPL back then. I'd have much the same fan relationship with the EPL as I do with Irish rugby in that its really only something I watch on TV here & there. Having said that, no fan of an EPL team will try persuade anyone that the league cup is overly important in the big scheme of things, even if they won it, its a distinction that rugby fans (Shedite apart all on his own seemingly) seem to struggle with. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Anyway, aside from all that, anyone buying the new Connacht away jersey ? </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">http://www.the42.ie/connacht-alternative-kit-launch-4234814-Sep2018/ According to the designers, ''it draws inspiration from the deep Atlantic ocean (presumably as opposed to the shallow part of the Atlantic ocean). Did someone say b</span><span style="line-height: 1.4;">rainwashed by silly marketing ?? Put me down for 3. </span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span>

Zero. Good to know.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 4:58pm

I'm still in awe of how some of them manage to get to exotic destinations such as London & Cardiff every 2nd year, tis a brain busting logistical challenge, the tale of which absolutely none of them will ever regale you with should you happen to bump into them in the bar of the golf club some 4 years later. 

Wow. That is a seriously hypothetical leap to come up with that paragraph. You do know a lot of rugby fans travel a lot further each year than many fans of other sports?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:03pm
Yep France and Italy also
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Argentina, the Pacific Islands, USA, Russia, Romania, Canada, Japan...

And also not just the major cities in those places

Edited by Het-field - 16 Sep 2018 at 5:06pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:16pm
You forgot Scotland
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:17pm

I reckon they'll be more in Japan next year than were in japan/Korea 2002
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:20pm

You forgot Scotland

I guess I did.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

I reckon they'll be more in Japan next year than were in japan/Korea 2002
No doubt 50,000 sure it will be there year

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 16 Sep 2018 at 5:30pm
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 5:30pm
lads I'm looking 2 tickets for the all blacks game coming up if anyone has pm me. Ta
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

lads I'm looking 2 tickets for the all blacks game coming up if anyone has pm me. Ta

Think Deise316 has a spare
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 11:51pm
LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 470>
  Share Topic