You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rocky Films Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rocky Films Thread
    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:20am
In Rocky 2 his eyesight is so bad he has to fight right handed from his usual southpaw. Yet in Rocky 3 onwards there is no mention of the bad eye and he continues to fight southpaw.

Stallone robbed a living.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:26am
Plus he can't actually box for crap, was watching Rocky II the other night how the ref doesn't stop the fight is beyond me, there is a good one minute were Apollo is just wailing into him and Rocky is not defending himself at all.

Any Ref in his right mind would TKO that. I know he mentions it to him when earlier in the fight after a similar round but I agree no consistency.

Great films though.

Looking forward to the new one

Edited by lassassinblanc - 26 Sep 2018 at 11:26am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:31am
I like the way the ref allows them to punch the head off someone who is kneeling down like Mr.T does to his opponents in Rocky 3. I alao like how the ref is ok with wrestling moves and throwing people around the ring.

Oh yes Creed 2 is out in November. Creeds son versus Drago's son who according to tabloid reports is being played by Roy Maurice Keane.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I like the way the ref allows them to punch the head off someone who is kneeling down like Mr.T does to his opponents in Rocky 3. I alao like how the ref is ok with wrestling moves and throwing people around the ring.

Oh yes Creed 2 is out in November. Creeds son versus Drago's son who according to tabloid reports is being played by Roy Maurice Keane.

I'm hoping for a Rocky vs Drago rematch Street fight like Rocky V when the Apollos son and Drago's son are beating the crap out of each other.

both Creed Jr and Rocky is getting absolutely pummeled until the ghost of Apollo turns up to save and encourage them by signing Eye of the Tiger
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:54am
I really love rehashing these old films. Looking forwars to Turner and Hooch 2 coming out and Kindergarten Cop The Lost Child hitting the cinemas next year.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I'm hoping for a Rocky vs Drago rematch Street fight like Rocky V when the Apollos son and Drago's son are beating the crap out of each other.

both Creed Jr and Rocky is getting absolutely pummeled until the ghost of Apollo turns up to save and encourage them by signing Eye of the Tiger

Hopefully Putin will make an appearancr in Creed 2 and realise his love of Russia is misguided and turns to Creed to help him end the current cold relations between Russia amd the west.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 12:06pm

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Hopefully Putin will make an appearancr in Creed 2 and realise his love of Russia is misguided and turns to Creed to help him end the current cold relations between Russia amd the west.

Well we all know that Rocky IV was responsible for the end of Soviet Union
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 12:27pm
Rocky was a horrible fighter up until Apollo took over from Mickey, serious question marks over Mickey’s training.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Rocky was a horrible fighter up until Apollo took over from Mickey, serious question marks over Mickey’s training.

He was a bit like MON in that he liked the old ways. Chasing chickens around the yard for speed which the Irosh team still do today.

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 12:51pm
I remember as a kid going to see Rocky IV in the Ambassador Cinema in Dublin. It got a standing ovation at the end

Also, an honorable mention has to go to the song lyric "is it east versus west or man against man".
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:00pm
Amazing Clap

After producers 
Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff became interested in the script, they offered Sylvester Stallone an unprecedented 350,000 dollars for the rights, but he refused to sell unless they agreed to allow him to star in the film (this despite the fact that he had only 106 dollars in the bank, no car and was trying to sell his dog because he couldn't afford to feed it). They agreed, but only on the condition that Stallone continue to work as a writer without a fee, and that he work as an actor for scale. After Winkler and Chartoff purchased the film, they took it to United Artists, who envisioned a budget of two million dollars, but that was on the basis of using an established star (they particularly wanted Robert RedfordRyan O'NealBurt Reynolds or James Caan). United Artists didn't want Stallone to star, and when Winkler and Chartoff told them that the only way they could get him to sell the screenplay was to agree to cast him, United Artists cut the budget to one million dollars, and had Chartoff and Winkler sign agreements that if the film went over budget, they would be personally liable. The final cost of the film was 1.1 million dollars. The 0.1 million dollars came after Chartoff and Winkler mortgaged their houses, so as to complete the project.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:06pm
Also, in Rocky Balboa Carl Weathers only agreed for his footage to be used if he could have a role in the film. This all being despite his character died in IV LOL

So Stallone and Co couldnt use original footage and had to simulate it or something like that 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Also, in Rocky Balboa Carl Weathers only agreed for his footage to be used if he could have a role in the film. This all being despite his character died in IV LOL

So Stallone and Co couldnt use original footage and had to simulate it or something like that 

LOL

Should have done a Dallas on it and made Rocky IV all a dream Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:15pm
Maybe it was Creed. But anyway, Carl Weathers is nuts. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

LOL

Should have done a Dallas on it and made Rocky IV all a dream Clap

I've always heard Carl Weathers was a bit of an arsehole this proves it. He supposedly nearly walked of set after Dolph Lundgren punched him too hard. think he almost quite Predator too as he was unhappy with the working conditions.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:26pm
Dead
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I remember as a kid going to see Rocky IV in the Ambassador Cinema in Dublin. It got a standing ovation at the end

Also, an honorable mention has to go to the song lyric "is it east versus west or man against man".
f**king Jack ****s.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:45pm

Paulie is this you?

Image result for paulie rocky

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Dead

f**king Jack ****s.

That is the tack that they took on the 6:01 news that day alright.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic