You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rock/Metal Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 11:29pm
I think map of the problematique is probably my favourite of theirs. They're a funny band in that they have no one great album but each of about their last 5 albums has had 3 - 6 cracking tunes with the rest pure filler.
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 12:15pm
Finally got to see Weezer this week. Was kinda disappointed to be honest.

Brixton academy is a venue I dislike. sh*te sound. Will go to muse this week if get cheap ticket. Loads up on twickets.

Was going to the prague gig but because of the Paris attacks deftones cancelled their European tour and gig in wembley arena moved to same weekend as muse in Prague.

Edited by Stretchryan - 09 Apr 2016 at 12:16pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Finally got to see Weezer this week. Was kinda disappointed to be honest.

Brixton academy is a venue I dislike. sh*te sound. Will go to muse this week if get cheap ticket. Loads up on twickets.

Was going to the prague gig but because of the Paris attacks deftones cancelled their European tour and gig in wembley arena moved to same weekend as muse in Prague.

2 bands I'd feckin love to see live!

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 12:19pm
The one time I saw Deftones live was the time Chine Moreno dived off a 30ft stack of Marshalls in to the crowd and broke some birds collar bone or something. Looked mad! Think it was in the SFX. No idea what year. '96 or '97 maybe. Stretch, any idea of the year?
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

The one time I saw Deftones live was the time Chine Moreno dived off a 30ft stack of Marshalls in to the crowd and broke some birds collar bone or something. Looked mad! Think it was in the SFX. No idea what year. '96 or '97 maybe. Stretch, any idea of the year?

98 in SFX. Was at it too. Green day played a few days later there.One of the many times had my nose broke

Edited by Stretchryan - 12 Apr 2016 at 9:06pm
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 9:51pm
New Metallica Video

Music sounds great, not sure about Hetfield's voice anymore if i'm honest.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 9:58pm
It's not bad,fair short for a Metallica song though!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2016 at 2:52am
Anyone going to Avenged Sevenfold next month?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:24pm
Two weeks today I'll be off to Download Festival..Anyone on here heading or ever been?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:36pm
Are they still trying the cashless thing that was a disaster a few years ago?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Are they still trying the cashless thing that was a disaster a few years ago?
Nah thing that was abandoned swiftly
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 5:40pm
New Queens of the Stone Age album out at the end of August, and a Dublin gig announced for the 24th November Clap
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

New Queens of the Stone Age album out at the end of August, and a Dublin gig announced for the 24th November Clap

Looking forward to the album, the gig lands perfectly on my birthday aswell.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:49pm
Was just asked to recommend a good new Irish rock band. I haven't a clue...thiS person likes Metallica

Any suggestions. Even non Irish if you can't think of any local ones
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Was just asked to recommend a good new Irish rock band. I haven't a clue...thiS person likes Metallica

Any suggestions. Even non Irish if you can't think of any local ones

They wouldn't be new, but try The Answer. Lads from Ulster, more kind of classic rock, but they have some great tunes
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:59am
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Looking forward to the album, the gig lands perfectly on my birthday aswell.

I'll see ya there so Thumbs Up

I seriously can't wait for this. Their last album is one of my all time favourites, saw them twice in '13, can't wait for it again this year, they put on an amazing show

Edited by HuntysCousin - 16 Jun 2017 at 4:16am
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 11:12am
Here's a link to the New Song. Mark Ronson produces the album which should be interesting. Have to say though, Songs for the Deaf would be my favourite album, and also saw them in '13 aswell, great band live.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 11:31am
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Here's a link to the New Song. Mark Ronson produces the album which should be interesting. Have to say though, Songs for the Deaf would be my favourite album, and also saw them in '13 aswell, great band live.
Meh, is my only response to that. I presume it is being used on a soundtrack to some 'edgy' tv show and on adverts for Diesel clothes?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic