You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The reason our national stadiums are 3/4 complete
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The reason our national stadiums are 3/4 complete

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The reason our national stadiums are 3/4 complete
    Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 2:43pm
Because the country is only 3/4 completeLOL  The odd stands out are the north stands in both Croker and Lansdowne.LOL  Our stadiums are a microcosm of our island!

When we get a 32 county republic then we finally might get a complete stadiumWink

Edited by Trap junior - 08 Nov 2015 at 2:44pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

PMc10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMc10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 2:54pm
Spade a Spade lol
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 2:58pm
Stick with the Keano stories
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 4:42pm
Is Croke Park actually a national stadium? Not being funny, genuine question. I would have thought to be a national stadium you would have to have national teams playing there.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Stick with the Keano stories
LOL And as Bitored mentioned Croke Park is not a national stadium.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Is Croke Park actually a national stadium? Not being funny, genuine question. I would have thought to be a national stadium you would have to have national teams playing there.
Our national gaelic team play there
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 5:58pm

Obviously it is a "national stadium". It's the biggest and most well known stadium in Ireland and host's the most widely played sports in Ireland. Not to mention the fact that it's hosted international Rugby, Soccer and International rules matches.
We're decent enough..
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Obviously it is a "national stadium". It's the biggest and most well known stadium in Ireland and host's the most widely played sports in Ireland. Not to mention the fact that it's hosted international Rugby, Soccer and International rules matches.

Mhm it played rugby and soccer on a special case scenario ie landsdowne Road was being redevolped. It's unavailability to other sports outside GAA and money making NFL games certainly makes it debatable.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 6:34pm
It is available to any sport outside GAA
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

It is available to any sport outside GAA

Not without special dispensation and a "favour" from the GAA.

Contrast that to the RDS - horse jump competitors representing ireland, Rugby, soccer and anything else.

Morten stadium - national athletes, soccer and anyone else

Landsdowne Road - national soccer and rugby teams

Croke Park - GAA games and sports outside the other most popular Irish sports are played there. Special dispensation is need for "foreign games" or in other words games where Ireland as a nation are represented, against more than what ever side Australia can be bothered sending over.

Edited by Bitored - 08 Nov 2015 at 6:50pm
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 6:53pm
I would consider Morton and Tallaght stadium having more of claim than LR or CP. The big stadiums are pretty much just private property for private clubs (Even though the public paid for most of it).
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 6:55pm
Do you think the management/owners RDS don't have to be asked before a game is played there ? Or any of those other stadiums.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 7:30pm
Another pointless thread... Great work TJ
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Another pointless thread... Great work TJ

Thumbs Up 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 8:20pm

Do you think the management/owners RDS don't have to be asked before a game is played there ? Or any of those other stadiums.

Asking people isn't my point at all. The RDS is open to sports and if it's free the RDS have no problem what you play unlike Croker which is Europe's biggest seagull sanctuary for the vast majority of the year.
DavidMan View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 11:09pm
Ain't nobidy git time for this
We March On
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

more people play football than Gaelic and hurling combined. I would also strongly doubt that Croker is better known outside of Ireland than LR. By any subjective measure LR is the national stadium where the national sport is played
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 11:41pm

The RDS as a rule don't ban certain sports from using their facilities. The Gah do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic