You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Preston Lads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:02am
QUOTE=pre Madonna]
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Boyle and Browne have declined to wear a poppy and there is a PNE fans meltdown

Aren't they from Dublin and Cork? I can totally understand James McClean's stance given the fact he is a Derry man and the history of his city and his people : not sure about the wisdom of the other two going down this route.
Thankfully the British Army never did anything untoward in Dublin or Cork.
[/QUOTE]

ClapClap

Sponsored Links

SyMacca View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SyMacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:21am
Brown didn't wear one but addressed it on twitter. There's a pic of Boyle on the Preston Facebook from tonight and he was wearing one.

Poppies aside, thought O'Connor did well for his debut. With all the injuries the Preston backline have picked up, himself and Boyle have a good opportunity to prove themselves
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:45am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Aren't they from Dublin and Cork? I can totally understand James McClean's stance given the fact he is a Derry man and the history of his city and his people : not sure about the wisdom of the other two going down this route.

The same British Army had several hundred thousand Irishmen in its ranks at the same time (and many atrocities were not carried out by the Army at all but by Black and Tans and the RIC).
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 6:34am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The same British Army had several hundred thousand Irishmen in its ranks at the same time (and many atrocities were not carried out by the Army at all but by Black and Tans and the RIC).
St ill the British Army regardless of where they were from.. sure we still have people in Ireland today who are in Brit War machine.. the Britiash Army committed atrocities the length and breadth of this country overseen by their political masters.

Now as this is a thread on the [Irish] Preston lads and not a thread on the history of the British Army’s various rampages on the island, can everyone get back on topic please.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:47am

I think you'd need to brush up your history there chief.

Browne came out on Twitter and said that there was no poppy on the shirt he was given.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:08am
I like Browne every time I've seen him play albeit only on telly not in person.

Seems a composed on the ball and has a eye for a pass, decent at breaking up game too.

Think he'll start to be drafted into side after WC Campaign
SportingRizzlaCF View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizzlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I like Browne every time I've seen him play albeit only on telly not in person.

Seems a composed on the ball and has a eye for a pass, decent at breaking up game too.

Think he'll start to be drafted into side after WC Campaign

Aye, he's very good for age and looks more experienced than the 100 odd senior matches he's played.
Seamus Coleman is Sligo ONLY
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 2:19pm
Boyle, O'Conner and Browne all star for Preston. McGoldrick starts for Ipswich.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:50pm
Haven't seen any of them this season but the lads on Soccer Saturday mentioned they've an awful defensnive record this season. Presume there's going to be some reenforcements there in January
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Haven't seen any of them this season but the lads on Soccer Saturday mentioned they've an awful defensnive record this season. Presume there's going to be some reenforcements there in January

Hardly a great barometer with all due respect Dead

They've actually a good record defensively, only conceded 19!

There are countless sides with far worse defensive records. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Hardly a great barometer with all due respect Dead

They've actually a good record defensively, only conceded 19!
They were stats they were quoting, they're bas stats in my eyes anwyay. Goals against in Oct/Nov....
Ipswich 3
Villa 2
Brentford 3
Wolves 3
Fulham 2

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 4:44pm
Alan Browne started, great to see Horgan score Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 5:18pm
Kevin O'Connor came off the bench as well. Potential left back option for the upcoming squads, maybe? I'm not saying he should be in the squad, just a thought that occurred to me.

Edited by adineen98 - 09 Dec 2017 at 5:19pm
Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:54pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:10pm
I thought Horgan was popular and doing well there akthough havent seen him play for them yet
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I thought Horgan was popular and doing well there akthough havent seen him play for them yet

only 2 starts this past season. fell out of favor
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Under Grayson he done well and played, just doesn't seem to fit into Alex Neil's plans. If they get released I could see Boyle and O'Connor coming home maybe, one of the promoted teams from league 1 or Sunderland should take a punt on Horgan if going cheap.
Steve Shrewd View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Shrewd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 9:29am
Would hope Horgan finds another championship club. If given a consistent run of games by a club at that level in order to find his form, I'd say he's very capable of doing quite well 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic