You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pogues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

First time I saw them was support for Elvis Costello at the Stadium on SCR.
Lived in London in late 80s. When they played Brixton it was always very messy. Outside the cops were waiting outside on their horses.
They played Finsbury park more than once I think. Shane was in no state to sing .
Sad to see him in the state he is in.

I was at the Leeds Poly gig on that tour it was brilliant stuff from both bands that night.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Made some great songs which I've only recently started to listen to Rainy night in Soho and A pair of Brown Eyes Clap

Check out Thousands Are Sailing. My favourite Pogues song. Brilliant lyrics -

"The island it is silent now but the ghosts still haunt the waves, as a torch lights up a famished land who fortune could not save"
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:08am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Made some great songs which I've only recently started to listen to Rainy night in Soho and A pair of Brown Eyes Clap

"The island it is silent now but the ghosts still haunt the waves, as a torch lights up a famished land who fortune could not save"

I love that song and I love the lyrics but Shane always sort of hated it. He always changed the Brenden Behan live as it really irked him. Jem Finer wrote it. It wasnt until Jem got sick then passed that Shane really embraced it. 
@AntrimMan85
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:10am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I love that song and I love the lyrics but Shane always sort of hated it. He always changed the Brenden Behan live as it really irked him. Jem Finer wrote it. It wasnt until Jem got sick then passed that Shane really embraced it. 

Not Jem. Phil Chevron. Of f**king course it was. But you get the idea.
@AntrimMan85
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 8:32am
Here comes everybody by James Fearnley is one of the great music autobiographies 
Touts Out!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 12:32am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Didn't know that
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:14pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 9:17pm
God rest him. 
Touts Out!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic