You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Only Fools And Horses Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 58>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:49pm
In Freddy the Frog episode Del goes down to Hampshire to try to get money off the vicar for a computer.  Then he finds out where the gold is buried. Tells Rodney and then tells Albert to 'bring the shovel' and Albert mysteriously has a shovel in his hand and whips it out.  Why would they have a shovel in the van considering they weren't going down to dig for gold?  They were going down to collect money and just happened to get info about Freddy the Frog by accident.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 8:51am
Shurr in same episode Del doesnt know anything about Frederick but in others he knows all about him and i think he was even on a beano with him LOL

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
In Hull and Back, Abdul worries for Del, Rodney and UNCLE ALBERT. But they werent aware of UA being on the trek? It was always, as far as they were aware, just Del and Rodders. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

In Hull and Back, Abdul worries for Del, Rodney and UNCLE ALBERT. But they werent aware of UA being on the trek? It was always, as far as they were aware, just Del and Rodders. 
At what stage does Abdul worry for Albert though - he doesn't get involved until Del & Rodney end up in Hull where Del suddenly comes up with the brainwave of sailing to Amsterdam and using Albert's Navy experience to 'help' get them there and back.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

At what stage does Abdul worry for Albert though - he doesn't get involved until Del & Rodney end up in Hull where Del suddenly comes up with the brainwave of sailing to Amsterdam and using Albert's Navy experience to 'help' get them there and back.

I'm pulling this from my head now. I think Abdul worries that they've sunk and Boycie then says dont worry, they've got their UA.

But how did they know this? Are we to assume that Del was on the blower? 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 12:06pm
That Sleepless in Peckham was on last night.  Awful episode. Del had never met or remembered Freddy the Frog in the 80's episode and was told about him by Triggers Auntie Reenie. 

Fast forward to Sleepless in Peckham, Del was on the Jolly Boys Outing with him in 1960 and knew him.  Not only that but he tells about how his Aunt Reenie burned all photos of him.

WELL WHAT A PLONKER!

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2019 at 6:27pm
In Christmas Crackers Del and Rodney are arguing for a couple of minutes as Rodney wants to go out.  Del wants them to stay in with Grandad.  Then Grandad suddenly appears from their tiny 'hallway' and bursts in the door saying 'I'm off out'.

Confused

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

In Christmas Crackers Del and Rodney are arguing for a couple of minutes as Rodney wants to go out.  Del wants them to stay in with Grandad.  Then Grandad suddenly appears from their tiny 'hallway' and bursts in the door saying 'I'm off out'.

Confused

He could have had just popped in next door to say hi to his neighbour and then just went back in to tell Del and Rodney is was off down to the old folks do!
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:17pm

In Freddy the Frog episode Del goes down to Hampshire to try to get money off the vicar for a computer.  Then he finds out where the gold is buried. Tells Rodney and then tells Albert to 'bring the shovel' and Albert mysteriously has a shovel in his hand and whips it out.  Why would they have a shovel in the van considering they weren't going down to dig for gold?  They were going down to collect money and just happened to get info about Freddy the Frog by accident.

Have you seen the Trotters house/garage/allotment etc????? Everything and anything is in it. Why would a shovel in the van be unusual!!!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:19pm

How many different Sid's Cafes were there?  He seemed to be in a different cafe every time he featured!

Sids cafe kept on being in trouble with the health inspectors. If one closed down he just opened up another one!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:21pm

Raquel says in JBO “I haven’t got any family except for a brother in Milton Keynes that I haven’t spoken to in years”

Yet in Time on our hands her parents appear Thumbs Down

Del says " i didnt know you had parents" after Raquel says that "she hadnt spoken to her parents in years" after they disapproved of her career choice so she never mentioned them to anyone. First she heard from them is the letter/phone call. Just because she doesent mention them dosent mean they dont exist!

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Raquel says in JBO “I haven’t got any family except for a brother in Milton Keynes that I haven’t spoken to in years”

Yet in Time on our hands her parents appear Thumbs Down

Del says " i didnt know you had parents" after Raquel says that "she hadnt spoken to her parents in years" after they disapproved of her career choice so she never mentioned them to anyone. First she heard from them is the letter/phone call. Just because she doesent mention them dosent mean they dont exist!

Not having that Eddie. 
If she didn’t speak to them and didn’t mention them then why did she mention a brother that she doesn’t speak to???? Eh????
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 6:20pm
EddieClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 6:22pm
go away outta that BSM. Go watch the Jolly Boys for 100th time and come back to me. Holes all over the place in that Sullivan’s story! 

Friday the 14th was just on. Great episode and will be back later to discuss plot holes 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 7:13pm

How many different Sid's Cafes were there?  He seemed to be in a different cafe every time he featured!

Sids cafe kept on being in trouble with the health inspectors. If one closed down he just opened up another one!

Was Rodney's office, Rodney's flat, The Nags Head, The One Eleven Club, the graveyard, the tower block also closed down by the health inspector and relocated?Wink

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 7:53pm

Was Rodney's office, Rodney's flat, The Nags Head, The One Eleven Club, the graveyard, the tower block also closed down by the health inspector and relocated?Wink
The One-Eleven club was the most ridiculous of all those places for looking different each time it was shown. At least wi ith the other locations, the changes were fairly subtle (eg the Nags Head which may have had the location of the doors changed but at least kept largely the same decor, a fact that Del sometimes took the piss out of) but the One-Eleven club looked so different with totally different interior decoration and themes each time. I mean... Champs Elysees! LOL

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 8:03pm

The One-Eleven club was the most ridiculous of all those places for looking different each time it was shown. At least wi ith the other locations, the changes were fairly subtle (eg the Nags Head which may have had the location of the doors changed but at least kept largely the same decor, a fact that Del sometimes took the piss out of) but the One-Eleven club looked so different with totally different interior decoration and themes each time. I mean... Champs Elysees! LOL

Bain marie a la bruchette!

Also Sid's is supposedly called The Fatty Thumb amongst the lads despite them never referring to it as such in the history of OFAH.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 8:47pm

The entire OFAH series lads isint set over a few months! My local has changed decor three times in last 5 years. Also there is nothing to say that the phrase One-Eleven Club doesent just refer to a random pub?

Ex: Q - What did you do Saturday? A - Few cans in the gaff and went to the boozer.

"The Boozer" isint the name of the actual pub.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 58>
  Share Topic