You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Only Fools And Horses Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 58>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Jocky Wilson Jocky Wilson wrote:

In Friday the 14th, when Rodney went to the Police station, he called Del at the cottage. How did he know the phone number?

Another plot hole is when the policeman stop them at their arrival in the country to tell them about the escaped lunatic.  Yet he doesn't tell them about him stealing Robsons uniform and impersonating him.  I would have thought that would have been a very big thing to forget.

Also why would yer man act normal for a period of time then flick light a lightswitch into a loon?  He would have butchered them the moment they let him in the door.Confused
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 7:34pm

Originally posted by Jocky Wilson Jocky Wilson wrote:

In Friday the 14th, when Rodney went to the Police station, he called Del at the cottage. How did he know the phone number?
The police know everyones phone number !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:27pm
2018 Nervous Nerys ,what would Rodney say now 

Always felt she should have had more episodes 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:40pm
In 'The Skies the Limit' episode where Del has the satellite dish on his balcony that turns out to be from the airport runway he and Albert try to pick up tv signal off it yet can't.  Firstly there was no sign it was hooked up to the telly and even if it was he surely would have copped on the cable conections were of an industrial scale (if there were any at all) and would not hook up to a telly.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 6:48pm
Also how does Rodney not see the dish right beside him as he is standing on the balcony?  Is he blind?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:19pm
In the episode where Del's dad comes back for xmas where he claims to have a blood disease that he made up yet can't even tell them what the name of it is, the lads go down to the doctor to get tested for it. How in the hell can you go down to the doctor and ask to be tested for a disease you don't even know the name of or exists?Confused    You can't get a blood test back saying 'negative' if the bloody docs don't even know what they are testing for!  And then at the end of the episode Del goes back to the doc and the doc becomes suspicious of this 'blood disease' and rings the hospital in Newcastle and Reggie is caught out in a lie.  So how come he wasn't suspicious of this mystery illness when he ordered the blood tests the 1st time the lads went down and how can he test for something that doesn't exist?Confused

Sullivan you plonker!

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

In the episode where Del's dad comes back for xmas where he claims to have a blood disease that he made up yet can't even tell them what the name of it is, the lads go down to the doctor to get tested for it. How in the hell can you go down to the doctor and ask to be tested for a disease you don't even know the name of or exists?Confused    You can't get a blood test back saying 'negative' if the bloody docs don't even know what they are testing for!  And then at the end of the episode Del goes back to the doc and the doc becomes suspicious of this 'blood disease' and rings the hospital in Newcastle and Reggie is caught out in a lie.  So how come he wasn't suspicious of this mystery illness when he ordered the blood tests the 1st time the lads went down and how can he test for something that doesn't exist?Confused

Sullivan you plonker!

Yeah, general blood tests are unheard of in medicine.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Sullivan you plonker!

Yeah, general blood tests are unheard of in medicine.

Not sure if serious. You can get a full blood count but you can only be tested for specific illnesses if you ask for it. Full blood count doesn't say you are negative for -------- disease.  It just gives you the amounts of red, white cells in your blood along with cholesterol, lipids etc..

That episode reminds me of:

''Hello Doctor.  My name is Mr. Burns.  I believe I may have a disease.''
''Ok Mr. Burns what disease do think you have?''
''I don't know''.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:39pm
But they could tell if something is wrong, obviously it would take more to determine what was actually wrong, but it would be a start. If you go  to a doctor and say 'I have a blood disease and haven't a notion what it is', he is most likely to do a general blood test, just to cover himself , as well, of course, as asking for other symptoms. A general blood test When his blood comes back looking healthy, added to his inability to remember the illness and bullsh*t the symptoms, he will have covered himself medically and therefore be free to express any doubts.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:53pm

But they could tell if something is wrong, obviously it would take more to determine what was actually wrong, but it would be a start. If you go  to a doctor and say 'I have a blood disease and haven't a notion what it is', he is most likely to do a general blood test, just to cover himself , as well, of course, as asking for other symptoms. A general blood test When his blood comes back looking healthy, added to his inability to remember the illness and bullsh*t the symptoms, he will have covered himself medically and therefore be free to express any doubts.

Not necessarily.  Full blood counts do not necessarily show any problems yet there might be. E.g HIV will not show up on a full blood count. You have to test specifically for it.  Maybe full blown aids will show all sorts of irregularities in the blood but by then you have tons of symptoms.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 3:31pm

Not necessarily.  Full blood counts do not necessarily show any problems yet there might be. E.g HIV will not show up on a full blood count. You have to test specifically for it.  Maybe full blown aids will show all sorts of irregularities in the blood but by then you have tons of symptoms.

No, as I said, not everything will show up, but the likelihood of a doctor saying to him 'f**k off, there's nothing I can do' would be quite slim.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:52pm

No, as I said, not everything will show up, but the likelihood of a doctor saying to him 'f**k off, there's nothing I can do' would be quite slim.
Yeah but how can he do a test and say you are don't have it if he doesn't know what to test for?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:57pm

Yeah but how can he do a test and say you are don't have it if he doesn't know what to test for?

That is why they would do a general blood test and go from there. They would probably test for a few things to be sure.

Edited by pre Madonna - 24 Dec 2018 at 5:07pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 11:19pm
According to Wiki, they used two different fronts for the pub in the episode 'dates'...as if we were going to miss that...
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 11:27pm

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 12:42am
I was just watching the episode when Rodney gets married. It says 12/1/1989 when the camera zooms in on the registry book. In the Jolly Boys outing, it's the August 1989 bank holiday and it's Rodney's first wedding anniversary...
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 10:38am
Some mighty fine sleuthing there Corkery.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 7:03pm
In Cash and Curry on UK Gold now Del Boy comes out of Mr. Vimmel's ''flat'' holding the statue holding it aloft like a trophy.  Yet clearly above the door it says 'Hotel'.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 58>
  Share Topic