You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 30>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:26pm
When do people think we will go back to normal travel?

I did originally think we would have something available this year but now I’m doubting if Euro 2020/2021 will have fans at the games.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:34pm
2022 or 2023
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:34pm
Everybody is talking about the need for a vaccine before normal life will resume, but if they could produce tests with immediate results, that would at least allow travel to resume.

Test at airport, if you pass, you travel. If you fail, you immediately head for Quarantine for 2 weeks at your own cost.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:38am
For the last few months in the UAE, they've been using something called a DPI test to allow travel from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. It's basically a blood test using a finger prick. The sample is put through a machine and it checks to see if there is evidence of a virus in your blood. Results are provided in 5 minutes.

However, it's not a specific test for Covid though. 

Haven't heard of this type of test being done anywhere else though and reliability would be a concern.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Everybody is talking about the need for a vaccine before normal life will resume, but if they could produce tests with immediate results, that would at least allow travel to resume.

Test at airport, if you pass, you travel. If you fail, you immediately head for Quarantine for 2 weeks at your own cost.

But no current test is 100% accurate - maybe 70/80% 

Until we get a vaccine that’s widely available then things won’t go back to normal.... I think we are looking at 2022 before that happens.

I know Trump is throwing sound bites that a vaccine is close but the experts are saying it’s not. 

I can’t see the Euro’s happening next summer will full stadiums across Europe.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

because Harris was a frequent visitor to Kilkee where he regularly played squash on the beach and was a champion there. 

From an Irish Times article 

In Kilkee, Harris took some time out from filming at old haunts on the beach and cliffs to present a new perpetual trophy for the game of squash racquets, which is distinctive to the west Clare seaside resort. "The winners, senior and junior, are in fact world champions," Mr Tom Byrne, a native of Kilkee, said.

The game is played by mixed pairs on the beach against a wall, built in a post-Famine relief scheme, which forms the base of the squash alleys.

Played mostly by visiting Limerick people and natives of Kilkee, it uses a racket and a tennis ball stripped of its fur. Uniquely, Harris is a four-times consecutive winner of the original Tivoli Cup, as it is known, claiming the titles between 1948 and 1951. The cup is now covered with the names of the "world champions" between 1935 and 1993, the last year the tournament was held.

Thanks , i seen kids playing it while we were there .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 4:33pm
carrick on Shannon worth a few nights  ? Or Athlone ?

Edited by Newryrep - 04 Oct 2020 at 8:11pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

carrick on Shannon worth a few nights  ? Or Athlone ?
You may have to spend more on tolls if you went to Athlone , maybe that couls swing for you ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
bump.  Lads anyone booked anything for this summer.  

Booked a holiday home near Kenmare for a week in August myself for four of us. Got this for 1200 for 7 nights for a 3 bed holiday home.  

Will do the usual week around Clare too.  
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:23pm
That's unbelievable expensive. Expected though.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:30pm
2 hotel rooms for 7 nights would be more expensive than that esp in the heart of the ring of Kerry.  

3 bedrooms so can have grandparents stay if needed either.  Nice 3 bedroom house with large living area and large kitchen and 3 bathrooms including 2 en suites.  

Just less than 200 a night is what you are going to pay for August on the ring of Kerry. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:32pm
Not booking anything as it'll likely only lead to disappointment when I have to cancel closer to the time LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:33pm
Have Spain booked for end of June. Booked since last summer  Highly unlikely 
Booked a week in Lanzarote after Christmas🤷‍♂️
Will do a long weekend here somewhere as long as things are back open
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That's unbelievable expensive. Expected though.
Depending on the spec of the house, I'd say that's fairly standard for a holiday home in Ireland during holiday season
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:16pm
My sister in law booked a week in Connemara for 900e for the week, I'm aware it's a different area etc...

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:20pm

My sister in law booked a week in Connemara for 900e for the week, I'm aware it's a different area etc...

What dates and what’s the spec and Size of the house.   All of these variables contribute towards the price in addition to location. 

Kilkee which is referenced in the article would be that bit cheaper than the ring of Kerry. 

Edited by Baldrick - 08 Feb 2021 at 4:22pm
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What dates and what’s the spec and Size of the house.   All of these variables contribute towards the price in addition to location. 

Of course they do and I am fully aware of that.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 5:46pm
gonna invest in a decent tent for the summer holidays. Saw one that is inflatable and no messing with tent poles. 
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 30>
  Share Topic