You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

the cliffs are better in Kilkee. f**k me, move to the Department of Tourism quick Baldrick! LOL

Well for one you can get right beside them and get better views of them and you dont have to compete with the crowds.  The cliffs of moher are one of the biggest tourist attractions in ireland so it's a pain in the hole waiting for bud loads of tourists ahead of you and.they charge you for it. 

Whereas 30 mins down the road you have full.access to cliffs which are just as spectacular and are free and you dont have to compete with crowds and the views are spectacular and cliffs just as big.

Then again I wouldnt expect you be an expert on size. 
AKA pedantic kunt
kevj266 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:33am
Heading Westport the weekend with a few mates. Anyone been recently? Is booking tables in pubs needed or are places taking walk ins? If we should book, any recommendations? Cheers. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the cliffs are better in Kilkee. f**k me, move to the Department of Tourism quick Baldrick! LOL

Well for one you can get right beside them and get better views of them and you dont have to compete with the crowds.  The cliffs of moher are one of the biggest tourist attractions in ireland so it's a pain in the hole waiting for bud loads of tourists ahead of you and.they charge you for it. 

Whereas 30 mins down the road you have full.access to cliffs which are just as spectacular and are free and you dont have to compete with crowds and the views are spectacular and cliffs just as big.

Do they not just charge you for the car park?

Giants causeway charge you an entry fee for the car park and museum entry, but you can avoid it if you park outside the official car park.

The Kerry cliffs, their is an entrance fee too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Giants causeway charge you an entry fee for the car park and museum entry, but you can avoid it if you park outside the official car park.

Well there isnt many walking to the cliffs without a car but it's a 7 euro entrance fee including car parking in fact they advertise it as free parking:) 
AKA pedantic kunt
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 10:36am

Pints were had anyway

LOL

It would damage this forums' reputation
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:31am

4 euro per person. Was there last Thursday, windiest place I've been. Well worth the trip.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

4 euro per person. Was there last Thursday, windiest place I've been. Well worth the trip.

How was your trip around these parts?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

Heading Westport the weekend with a few mates. Anyone been recently? Is booking tables in pubs needed or are places taking walk ins? If we should book, any recommendations? Cheers. 

Was there last week all very strange I must say .

On the street parking at 8pm no problem which has to be a first as for pubs saw loads closed ended up going to a foodie place .

Now from what i can gather lots of hotels were booked out and people seemed to be eating and drinking in their hotels and not going out from what i saw .
Best book a spot to eat as a couple of places i could not get a reservation .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:51am
Had only been to Dingle as a kid so couldn't remember too much about it. Got very lucky driving around Slea Head, the weather was unreal.  As for pubs, the vast majority of them were closed for obvious reasons which was a shame to see. You're very limited for places to go, especially with having to book in everywhere. 

Was lashing rain in our first day in Killarney which made the drive through the Gap of Dunloe, Molls Gap and on to Torc some driving experience. There is unreal scenery around Killarney and the Ring of Kerry but if it's overcast at all then you miss a lot of it.

Same craic in Killarney with booking places. If you're driving the Ring of Kerry it's hard to say when you'll be back which makes booking somewhere a waste of time. J.M Reidy's weren't taking bookings at all so people were waiting for up to a half an hour outside to get a table.

It's a trip I'll definitely do again once things return to normal because they both seem like great places for session, but not being able to randomly go in to a pub whenever you wanted takes some of the enjoyment out of it. Didn't notice any foreign tourists around, it was full of Irish people from all parts of the island.

A beautiful part of the country.

Edited by The Huntacha - 05 Aug 2020 at 11:53am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 11:57am

Derrynane beach is also good spot but a bit of pain to get too. You can do all sorts of water sports there too

The weather cleared up along the route so by the time we got near here it was sunny enough. Great views along that part so decided to take a trip down to the beach.

You weren't lying about being a pain to get to LOL

Was surprised at how populated Valentia Island was. 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

You're probably best off basing yourself out the quay, particular if it's dry. The Towers has a big beer garden and you'll probably get away with a few hours out there. After that for a "session" the Helm would probably be the best bet. They seem to get away with serving later than most and any time I've been past it there was loads of people with pints and no food. The beer garden in the Quays would be a good shout too. You will have to book though, going on how daft town was all July. 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:07pm

Derrynane beach is also good spot but a bit of pain to get too. You can do all sorts of water sports there too

The weather cleared up along the route so by the time we got near here it was sunny enough. Great views along that part so decided to take a trip down to the beach.

Camped on Derrynane beach 4 nights last year. Magical spot. Was the Blind Piper open?

Best pint of stout I've ever had in 25 years of drinking them Heart

Edited by heighway2heaven - 05 Aug 2020 at 12:08pm
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:06pm
What did you do in Derrynane beach 4 nights on the beach!?
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:49pm
The thread title needs a change. Sun Holiday in Ireland, the weather has been f**king atrocious LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:57pm

Well there isnt many walking to the cliffs without a car but it's a 7 euro entrance fee including car parking in fact they advertise it as free parking:) 
f**k that, if it’s cliffs you want to see Sliabh Liag are the best in Ireland and completely free to visit.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 2:55pm

Swam, explored the area, cooked over a fire, visited the pub, got mad ourrahvit. That kinda thing.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Swam, explored the area, cooked over a fire, visited the pub, got mad ourrahvit. That kinda thing.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Derrynane beach is also good spot but a bit of pain to get too. You can do all sorts of water sports there too

Camped on Derrynane beach 4 nights last year. Magical spot. Was the Blind Piper open?

Best pint of stout I've ever had in 25 years of drinking them Heart

Drove by it and it looked to have a few people inside/outside the place. Wasn't able to stop and sample the stout unfortunately.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 30>
  Share Topic