You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The next president of Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Poll Question: Who are you voting for to be the next president of Ireland
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
12 [15.00%]
2 [2.50%]
29 [36.25%]
7 [8.75%]
1 [1.25%]
0 [0.00%]
29 [36.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

I'm voting Higgins because a pretty girl  told me I should copan Thumbs Up
fixed that for ya 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by GINN1916 GINN1916 wrote:

Ybig is still a republican stronghold.

It shows how out of touch a lot of people are with normal society

sssssss.........nobody told that to the people living living in the North, which have voted them in time and time again, you know the ones, I'm talking about.......Wink

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
green dragon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:36pm
Mc Guinness or Higgins for me. Infact anyone but Gallagher and I said that months ago.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:42pm
1. higgins
2. davis
3. dana

in that order and then the rest of the creeps, still unsure about who to put last out of mitchell or gallaher
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

1. higgins
2. davis
3. dana

in that order and then the rest of the creeps, still unsure about who to put last out of mitchell or gallaher

ffs Count have ya not gotten over your crush on Mary Davis yet, She has the face of a Radio Presenter and the personality of Ryan TubridyCryWink

My Number 1 is Norris Number 2 is Higgins and thats itThumbs Up
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

1. higgins
2. davis
3. dana

ffs Count have ya not gotten over your crush on Mary Davis yet, She has the face of a Radio Presenter and the personality of Ryan TubridyCryWink

dont forget about transfer votes Brianie Exclamation

brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:58pm

1. higgins
2. davis
3. dana

In all my years i have never properly understood the PR System HereCry
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 5:13pm
Really shows the fickle mentality of the irish. The liberal media dish out a few last-minute jugglers and opinions reverse instantly. I wouldn't have voted for gallagher anyway. But the people that in 1916 threw rotten vegtables and stones at the volunteers coming out of the GPO. And then turned nationalist over night. Conformed to british opinion of the ira in the 70's and sold out to consumer culture in the 90's are back to haunt us. Always letting the heart rule the head. Typical.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

For the first time ever I am thinking of spoiling my vote.

Nobody any good on the list. You would think with seven that one would stand out.

Gallagher: Is just FF in disguise and an ex developer. We have just voted them out and the developers still have us fuked. Cant understand why people would vote for him.
McGuinness: to much baggage.
Higgins: Too old
The rest: not good enough

Younger than Trap Confused.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 6:25pm

It's voting day Yeee Haaawww

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 6:30pm
1. Higgins

Couldn't be arsed with putting down transfers. Higgins is the least uninspiring so i'm not picking more.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 6:50pm
3. Mick d
4. Davis
5. Gallagher
6. Mitchell
7. Dana
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 1:43am
Bout to tip down, just norris for me and two no votes
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 1:51am

1. higgins
2. davis
3. dana

In all my years i have never properly understood the PR System HereCry

The great thing about the PR system is that you do not need to understand it, to vote in it.  All the voter needs to understand is to put in order of preference those that he likes best.  If he only puts 1 or 2 down that is fine.  You do not need to put anymore than that ifyou do not want to.  leaving someone off your voting slip is the only way you can guarantee that, the person will certainly not get a vote from you, on that and putting them last. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 1:52am

Really shows the fickle mentality of the irish. The liberal media dish out a few last-minute jugglers and opinions reverse instantly. I wouldn't have voted for gallagher anyway. But the people that in 1916 threw rotten vegtables and stones at the volunteers coming out of the GPO. And then turned nationalist over night. Conformed to british opinion of the ira in the 70's and sold out to consumer culture in the 90's are back to haunt us. Always letting the heart rule the head. Typical.

why would you be proud so of a country of cowards.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 1:54am

1. higgins
2. davis
3. dana

multiple transfers make no odds in presidential elections because there is only one winner, not 4 0r 5 seats like a genral election. your second preference is all that carries
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 1:56am

Really shows the fickle mentality of the irish. The liberal media dish out a few last-minute jugglers and opinions reverse instantly. I wouldn't have voted for gallagher anyway. But the people that in 1916 threw rotten vegtables and stones at the thugs engaged in revolution coming out of the GPO. And then turned nationalist over night. Conformed to british opinion of the ira in the 70's and sold out to consumer culture in the 90's are back to haunt us. Always letting the heart rule the head. Typical.

to quote your previous post, i fixed the above for you
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

1. higgins
2. davis
3. dana

multiple transfers make no odds in presidential elections because there is only one winner, not 4 0r 5 seats like a genral election. your second preference is all that carries

Not technically true Tom, just the likely outcome.

Its quite possible that you could vote for 3 of the less popular candidates, and if no one has reached the quota after count 3 your 3rd and 4th preferences could come in to play. Its unlikely but still possible.  It would need an even spread of the 1 pref at the top.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic