You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 34>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 4:58pm
More peas, darling?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

A general question.  Do people like talking to the opposite sex beyond their wife.  As in having chats with people who are not the lads.  

I have noticed (not the cases above) that an awful lot of lads actually dont really have interest in chatting to women.  
I love talking to oul' wans

Genuinely, a lot of them are great craic, they don't give a sh*t

You should meet my mother in law. Absolute empty head
LOLLOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Has anyone used tinder since Covid started?
Tried alright. Was chatting to a girl in the middle of the second lockdown and met her for coffee when it was lifted just prior to Xmas. I was incredibly busy with work in the lead up to Xmas so was not able to make a second date even though both of us were keen to. 
Then when the 5km rule came back in, she asked me to meet up again and I said lets hold off a while. Between my own line of work and my Dad being classed as high risk I have to be incredibly careful and with things being the way they were and her being a teacher I didn't think it was right....anyway long story short, she didn't like that answer and i'm back to square one. LOL

No regrets! Family first. Always was, always will.

At least one of ye had a bit of cop on anyway.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Im so glad to see the back of 2020, im missing the random conversations with people in the office, but also and i never thought id say this I missed the commute on the train and bike. I look on it now as my partition between work and home and although cramped and without a seat sometimes it allowed me to decompress between work and home.

the marriage has deteriorated throughout the year and is now on its last legs, Im hearing stories from colleagues that several of them have split or are that they are in counseling etc.

Im sorry if this is a bit of a spillage, I suppose I see this post as much for others who are experiencing similar problems as much as myself.

HB hope things work out for youse try doing something that you kinda both like or watch something that you both like eg murder mystery who done it  , action movies,something that could get you both  talking 

Best of luck anyway 

Edited by Newryrep - 14 Jan 2021 at 8:06pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 7:57pm

I am talking about this thread with my partner as we speak ha ha.   

She did struggle with the chat about sissoko as auxiliary full back against liverpool.  Although all or nothing documetary helped 

Now i work with 4200 people and the wife works on her own either in the office or home . 
Now i get home and get asked how was work ? Well you know nothing new same old same old , i say how was yours , well sit down and let me tell you a story . 

Just go's to show some people like to talk more than others Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:18pm
Huggy, hard and all as it is, plan a holiday with the wife post vaccination. Gives her something positive to focus on and get ya talking/planning where you would go, what you would do, etc.

Wives are a pain in the hole at the best of times. Mine never stops talking. Would give anything for a bit of peace!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

More peas, darling?

LOLLOLLOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 10:49pm
The working from home especially with the wife working from home and kids at home it’s really taking it’s toll now. 
Even though work is not the same every day, the nature of the routine, breakfast, lunch, dinner, home school, it really is feeling like Groundhog Day day after day.

Have had a few run ins with the wife during the past year. To be expected really, especially when there is often nothing better to do than drink!

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:11pm
I'm living alone nowadays and working from home which means I'm the house by myself all day every day, broken up only by popping out at lunchtime for a walk or to the shops to get the messages so I can identify with Andy summing it up as groundhog day - work, eat, sleep with nothing to look forward to. And like Huggbybeer, I also miss the craic in the office. Cry

I really hope to fook it's only going to be like this for only a few more months while vaccines are being rolled out bc I don't think I could stick living like this permanently, feeling cut off and lonely. Thumbs Down

Other people in my team including my line manager have also said several times that WFH is not for them either so it's not just me who thinks that way. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:28am
I used to love Mondays in the office, my team is mainly males, all sports fans, we'd spend hours dissecting whatever football, hurling match was on over the weekend. Same to a lesser extent with midweek Champions League games. I'll have to work a few days a week from home in the future, but I'll do my best to make sure Monday isn't one of them
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I used to love Mondays in the office, my team is mainly males, all sports fans, we'd spend hours dissecting whatever football, hurling match was on over the weekend. Same to a lesser extent with midweek Champions League games. I'll have to work a few days a week from home in the future, but I'll do my best to make sure Monday isn't one of them

Ffs hours πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ what do you work at 
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:40am

You seem to have a handy number in fairness LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:41am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

You seem to have a handy number in fairness LOL

I am not in work 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:45am
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:30am
link doesn't work Baldy
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:43am
I am having more issue with links than rory McIlroy 
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:54am
It says that employees will have the legal right to seek to WFH but doesn't necessarily mean that an employer has to allow it. Unless I'm reading it wrong
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

It says that employees will have the legal right to seek to WFH but doesn't necessarily mean that an employer has to allow it. Unless I'm reading it wrong

You're correct from what I can see. What a stupid law that would be. It's not like it's ever been illegal to request to work from home. Unless the person writing the article has just made a mess of the way he phrased it. 

Edited by the_walls - 15 Jan 2021 at 10:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 34>
  Share Topic