You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new mental health thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 34>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Not sure if this is worthy of this thread to be honest but something that might be concerning. I have no idea.

A few weeks ago I had a really uncomfortable dream, no idea what it was about bar some very, very vague detail. Later on in the day, i was at a sort of conference for work and there were a couple of lads on stage talking away, and something they said obviously triggered a memory of the dream, and it led to what I can only describe as utter dread, panic, nausea and light headedness for about 10 seconds. I had to put the head down between my legs to get myself together.

It has happened no less than 4 times since (so in the last 4 weeks maybe) but it has happened 3 or 4 times in the last few days. The first time, I was just getting breakfast. Grabbing a tea bag, a cup and I became hyper aware of myself (Sorry, it's quite difficult to verbalise it and that's as close as I can get). The same feelings came back and I had to sit down. I just remember saying to myself "Jesus f**king Christ".

Happened yesterday evening. It woke me up this morning. And it happened again when I was just having a cup of tea and watching the Simpsons on YouTube this morning! So every time it has been a different reason seemingly. At least I can't put my finger on what's triggering it. It's absolutely horrible and it's genuinely frightening when it happens.

I've never had a panic attack, so I have no idea if that's what it is or not. No idea why it's happening now. Life is generally very good for me, comfortable. Work is good etc. 

Could it be tea?
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:39am

No, it's definitely not tea
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Not sure if this is worthy of this thread to be honest but something that might be concerning. I have no idea.

A few weeks ago I had a really uncomfortable dream, no idea what it was about bar some very, very vague detail. Later on in the day, i was at a sort of conference for work and there were a couple of lads on stage talking away, and something they said obviously triggered a memory of the dream, and it led to what I can only describe as utter dread, panic, nausea and light headedness for about 10 seconds. I had to put the head down between my legs to get myself together.

It has happened no less than 4 times since (so in the last 4 weeks maybe) but it has happened 3 or 4 times in the last few days. The first time, I was just getting breakfast. Grabbing a tea bag, a cup and I became hyper aware of myself (Sorry, it's quite difficult to verbalise it and that's as close as I can get). The same feelings came back and I had to sit down. I just remember saying to myself "Jesus f**king Christ".

Happened yesterday evening. It woke me up this morning. And it happened again when I was just having a cup of tea and watching the Simpsons on YouTube this morning! So every time it has been a different reason seemingly. At least I can't put my finger on what's triggering it. It's absolutely horrible and it's genuinely frightening when it happens.

I've never had a panic attack, so I have no idea if that's what it is or not. No idea why it's happening now. Life is generally very good for me, comfortable. Work is good etc. 

Could it be tea?

i'd say it's watching the Simpsons on Youtube for breakfast Confused
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:44am
Maybe try this Mark

Seriously though, hope its nothing major and doesn't happen again.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:02pm
No harm going and getting it checked

I'd something similar a few years back, lasted about 10 minutes and don't remember parts of it but was just a once off thankfully. Went for a load of tests and they never found the reason for it, final word from the Neurologist in Tallaght was "unexplained event". 

Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:19pm

Sounds like a panic attack, although it seems like the trigger is specific. I would try and find someone suitable to talk to, maybe even talk to those above you in work about it as they might be helpful as it is likely, from what you are saying, to be work related.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:51am
Thanks gents. It has happened 5 times since my last post and woke me up again this morning. Will prob speak to someone within the week if it doesn't halt.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:13am

Thanks gents. It has happened 5 times since my last post and woke me up again this morning. Will prob speak to someone within the week if it doesn't halt.

Where you drinking or anywhere in the vicinity of tea when it happened?

In all seriousness hopefully you get it sorted
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:35am

5 times in 24 hours is crazy, would definitely go see somebody just to be safe. Hope everything turns out okay for you.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Where you drinking or anywhere in the vicinity of tea when it happened?

In all seriousness hopefully you get it sorted

No, 4 out of 5 cases didn't involve tea LOL

-at work on the phone
-walking to my car
-at training (during coaching, something I love doing, so out of the blue completely)
-in bed last night

So yeah, probably best I talk to someone
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:08pm
Try downloading the calm app or headspace app. I use Calm app any time I have issues like that. Great for controlling your breathing when in a 'unknown' situation 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:25pm
Just been to my 1st session with a counsellor and tbh I was sh*tting breaks before I went in as I know I've so much bottled up that needs to come out 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Just been to my 1st session with a counsellor and tbh I was sh*tting breaks before I went in as I know I've so much bottled up that needs to come out 

Well done RB Thumbs Up
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Try downloading the calm app or headspace app. I use Calm app any time I have issues like that. Great for controlling your breathing when in a 'unknown' situation 
Yeah, the free stuff is all that's needed on them too.
Go now Mark, don't wait for anymore.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 1:41pm
Well done Ringer

Thanks lads. I'll get it checked 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:13pm
Anyone else suffer severe dark thoughts a day or so after drinking?? Had stayed off the drink nearly all year but went on a bit of a bender at the weekend and heads f**ked now, be surprised if I get any sleep tonight. Always seems to be the night after I’ve got over a hangover, it’s much worse this evening than it’s ever been before. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Anyone else suffer severe dark thoughts a day or so after drinking?? Had stayed off the drink nearly all year but went on a bit of a bender at the weekend and heads f**ked now, be surprised if I get any sleep tonight. Always seems to be the night after I’ve got over a hangover, it’s much worse this evening than it’s ever been before. 
Yeah, it was my problem with boozing and why I stopped. It became a cycle of it. I was fine when I drank and even the day after, but the second day I would be in a dark, dark place and often needed a booze to get out of it. If I didn’t, it would be no sleep, anxiety and be as irritable as f**k. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:17am
Ah the old drink depression....Yeah same here, posted about it a few times on the original thread. Stuff that normally wouldnt bother me or stuff id dealt with that was no longer an issue normally would suddenly come back and haunt me. ive cut way back on the drinking the last uear or so, but when I do have a drink its a heavy day/night. Ive just accepted the fact im going to feel like that for a few days and as a result the feelings arent as bad as they once were. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 34>
  Share Topic