You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'The National Party'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

didn't some joke of a right wing party try and start up in ireland before? they were either laughed off or chased off the streets from memory.

No, no... they're still around. They share power actually and are called Fine Gael.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 4:15pm
This thread is about a person called Tracey O'Mahony, who has recently been active on the Irish far right scene, she sort of fancies herself as a pound shop Gemma O'Doherty

https://twitter.com/artimusfoul/status/1304422829157478402

O'Mahony claims to be a barrister but nobody has any record of her practising

Tracey O'Mahony is the sister of a guy called Neil O'Mahony, a deeply unpleasant character who represents the rump Renua in Galway

Tracey O'Mahony recently set up a GoFundMe for her fake "freeze peach" crusade - some weeks ago she went up to Dunnes in Knocknacarra and caused a scene when she refused to wear a mask or use hand sanitiser - I've been in this shop loads of times during the pandemic and find them to be one of the more responsible shops I've visited

Now Tracey wants to "take a step back"

But not before her GoFundMe reached €57k

I suppose it would defamatory to call what Tracey has done a transparent scam to get gullible fools to give her a load of money

So I'd never, ever do that

Tracey has now deleted her Twitter account

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 4:25pm
I’m quite happy she scammed a load of alt-sh*tes out of their money.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I’m quite happy she scammed a load of alt-sh*tes out of their money.
These people are actually victims though

It's not so much the monetary loss for the people who were scammed, which on an individual level is probably not much for those involved

They are victims of a made up ideology which is a total fraud

It's also that she saw an opportunity to conduct a scam, went for it, and was successful, and there's seemingly nothing that can be done about it

I keep focussing on the words "cynical yet gullible"

This is the ideology that is being spread by the far right - they are making huge numbers of people totally cynical yet totally gullible, which opens the way to scam those same people

And the people who fall for it are victims - victims of an ideology which serves unbelievably regressive interests

It is grand fraud 

The intersection of the self-help, "wellness" industry, "alternative medicine", ie. quacks, and far right or religion-driven politics is very interesting

It spreads like wildfire on social media

There's a weird sort of conspiracy theory "left" ideology which intersects with it too

Just this morning I had to to inform my own mother that an "alternative medicine" guy she's been banging on about for the last six months or so is actually a self-promoting quack who is not to be remotely trusted

That's the second time I've had to do this within the last six weeks, she was telling me about another "alternative medicine" guy who I quickly worked out was a quack - she was introduced to these quacks by a friend who is involved with a group of highly conservative Catholics - the friend herself is very gullible 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 8:58pm
These Nazi scum were causing chaos again today in Dublin, openly assaulting women in Kildare Street and then trying to intimidate the staff of The Journal

Gardai again woefully underprepared to deal with it

Yet they can arrest Debenhams workers

I joined an anti-mask private group on Facebook yesterday under a fake profile 

The stuff being written there is frightening

These f**kers don't just want to take down the state, they want full fascism, a war on truth and reason

The whole thing is clearly being astro-turfed by fascist monied interests at a high level

Our way of life is under attack from these mobs

Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

These Nazi scum were causing chaos again today in Dublin, openly assaulting women in Kildare Street and then trying to intimidate the staff of The Journal

These f**kers don't just want to take down the state, they want full fascism, a war on truth and reason

The whole thing is clearly being astro-turfed by fascist monied interests at a high level

Anti mask protesters! That's a bare faced cheek! 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Anti mask protesters! That's a bare faced cheek! 

For a so called "anti-mask protest" it was amazing how many of them felt the need to wear masks

I suppose when you're intent on beating people up a mask is helpful

Quite the paradox for the fash, isn't it

Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:30pm
There's a guy in that video with his back to camera, wearing a bowler hat and a 3/4 length leather coat,that if you were to spray him silver, he'd look like that street performer on Grafton Street, who only moved if you gave him money. Well, at least he moved a bit when he got money: a lot of the jobless won't even bother to move their backends, but expect to get money every week.

Only winding you up S. W. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic