Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Managerial Roundabout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Managerial Roundabout
    Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 8:53pm

It could be one of those years. Lots of high profile jobs up for grabs and managers floating around

Jobs defo up for grabs

Chelsea

Inter Milan

England

Very likely

Spurs

Lazio

Maybe's

Bayern Munich

Real Madrid

Roma

Marseille

Who goes where Question

Edited by Landon Donovan - 04 Mar 2012 at 9:08pm
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Sponsored Links

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 8:59pm
Benitez/Zola to Chelsea

Mourinho to Man City

Mancini to Inter Milan

Guardiola to year of relaxation

Bielsa/Enrique to Barca

AVB/Pochettino/Benitez to Madrid

Redknapp to England

Di Canio to Lazio
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:05pm

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Di Canio to Lazio

Now that would be a sight to withhold Big smile 

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Benitez/Zola to Chelsea

Mourinho to Man City

Mancini to Inter Milan

Guardiola to year of relaxation

MayoMark to Barca

AVB/Pochettino/Benitez to Madrid

Redknapp to England

Di Canio to Lazio

You really think he's that good? big step from Castlebar for him Thumbs Up
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:14pm
I won't be leaving my post just yet, 2/3 through a long term project which I intend on finishing before I even think about considering Barca
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:22pm
Vogel to Bayern as well.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:30pm
Guardiola would be mad to step away from BARCA
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Guardiola would be mad to step away from BARCA

Bad for his health and he feels the players need change.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 9:58pm
Wouldn't be shocked to see Fergie to step aside at United at the end of the season if they win No 20. Fergie won't make the mistake of 10 years ago by announcing his retirement in advance it'll be a sudden anouncement.

Having said that he'll probably stay on for another 3/4 years. If he were to go at the end of this season I can see United going for Mourinho or Guardiola

Edited by Denis Irwin - 04 Mar 2012 at 9:59pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wouldn't be shocked to see Fergie to step aside at United at the end of the season if they win No 20. Fergie won't make the mistake of 10 years ago by announcing his retirement in advance it'll be a sudden anouncement.

Having said that he'll probably stay on for another 3/4 years. If he were to go at the end of this season I can see United going for Mourinho or Guardiola

Can't see Utd going for Mourinho myself, not their style at all.

Inter definitely will replace Ranieri and soon seeing as his idea to improve results this evening was dropping his best player and playing Forlan on the wing

In regards to Redknapp/England the ever reliable Sunday People report that a deal will be struck between FA and Spurs but with Spurs moving to wembley in some sort of weird compensation deal

Edited by 9fingersbabb - 04 Mar 2012 at 10:31pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:28pm
Mancini to Inter Milan? No chance imo
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 12:19am
I'm gonna go for Reja to Inter. Enrique is a shoe in for Barca if Pep leaves and Montella to Roma. Harry will get the England job with either Rafa, AVB or Klinsmann to Spurs. Mourinho will stay at Madrid. Chelsea will keep Di Matteo or go for Zola. Di Canio to Lazio is a great shout. Capello will go to a random rich club in the middle east or china. I would make a dark horse punt for Bayern possibly, very unlikely though.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 12:41am
I wouldn't like to see Enrique leave Roma with the support they've given him. Hasn't had the best of seasons(results) but they're willing to back his project.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 9:14am

Mancini should be going nowhere, despite how the season pans out from here on in. He's done a very good job

heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Mancini should be going nowhere, despite how the season pans out from here on in. He's done a very good job

if mourihno becomes available they would be crazy to let him join someone else. doesnt matter what mancini wins. city would be close to unstoppable i he became manager

to be fair to city owners they seem to let the manager manage...unlike chelsea
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 2:07pm
Tribal, I think you've got a great knowledge of Spanish football but doyou really think Real Madrid could go for AVB???  I can't see it myself.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 5:04pm
He's got the right philosophy for the club. It probably won't happen but I think it would be a great match.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

if mourihno becomes available they would be crazy to let him join someone else. doesnt matter what mancini wins. city would be close to unstoppable i he became manager

to be fair to city owners they seem to let the manager manage...unlike chelsea

Personally i don't think anyone could just walk in and replace Mancini like he's done a great job , he's dealt with so much grief and sh*te in his time as Man City gaffer and still came out on the right side! 

Man City would be crazy to let Mancini go no matter who's available.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic