Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 464465466467468 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 9:12pm
Gundogan leaving in the summer. What a signing he was for £21m, scored around 20 goals last season, 6 good years of service. 

Fernandinho also on the way out and Jesus I'd say. Plus a few more maybe. I'd expect a Fernandinho replacement to be signed. Could see Grealish or Foden moving into a number 8 role

Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Gundogan leaving in the summer. What a signing he was for £21m, scored around 20 goals last season, 6 good years of service. 

Fernandinho also on the way out and Jesus I'd say. Plus a few more maybe. I'd expect a Fernandinho replacement to be signed. Could see Grealish or Foden moving into a number 8 role

A revamp of the squad was/is badly needed....there’s only so much a manager(even pep) can say to players till it becomes the norm.

6yrs good service is a little overstepping the mark I think....he only really came into his own the last 2/3 seasons and has offered little this season,a good one to get off the wage bill.Jesus going seems to be gathering pace but I’m not so sure he’ll move on,back up will be needed if haaland doesn’t hit the ground running.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

A revamp of the squad was/is badly needed....there’s only so much a manager(even pep) can say to players till it becomes the norm.

6yrs good service is a little overstepping the mark I think....he only really came into his own the last 2/3 seasons and has offered little this season,a good one to get off the wage bill.Jesus going seems to be gathering pace but I’m not so sure he’ll move on,back up will be needed if haaland doesn’t hit the ground running.

Wise up, Gundogan has been an excellent signing! Not surprised with your comment considering you never rated Rodri.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2022 at 11:39pm
Gundogan hasn’t been that bad this season, has he?
Efficient and intelligent player 

Jesus has played some of his best football in recent weeks just as it looks as though he’s on the way out 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Wise up, Gundogan has been an excellent signing! Not surprised with your comment considering you never rated Rodri.

Only an idiot would think rodri had done well before this season......and you thought he played well..enough said.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:25pm

Only an idiot would think rodri had done well before this season......and you thought he played well..enough said.

Are you taking the piss? Rodri was excellent last season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 5:59pm

Give up on football as you know f**k all about it.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:59pm
Delighted for Man ciy.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 7:50pm
well it was quite the impact Gundogan made today LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

well it was quite the impact Gundogan made today LOL
what a player he’s been for City. No time in the pitch today for Jack Grealish - will be interesting how it goes for him next season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:38pm
It was never in doubt once i announced in December that City had it won
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 9:39pm
Good time for Fernandinho to bow out. 
He has looked gone at the game in any appearances he's had recently
Great player in his day. 

Hopefully Gundogan stays, think the rumours in midweek about him leaving have been denied

Will be good to have a centre forward next season to compete for the endless number of crosses that get headed away by opposition centre halfs

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 May 2022 at 9:40pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:40pm

As opposed to some prick like you who knows it all????listen rodri was average at best last season and gundogan was sh*t the first two seasons he came....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:42pm

As opposed to some prick like you who knows it all????listen rodri was average at best last season and gundogan was sh*t the first two seasons he came....

What a stupid idiot.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:46pm

What a stupid idiot.

At least you agree with me that you are one.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:50pm
Will the squad get a revamp JB?

Ederson - integral to how they play, should try to save more shots though, will be number 1 for the foreseeable 

Walker - watch how city have defended the last few weeks without him and it’s evident he’s a vital part of their setup. Number 1 right back at the club

Dias - big season for him next. I’d a feeling he was being a bit over rated last year despite his great performances and he looked shaky at times this. Still very young for a defender 

Stones - consistent season, doesn’t make many mistakes. Don’t like him at right back at all though

Laporte - mixed bag, lots of errors but also looked composed at times 

Ake - he looked good in a few games but then didn’t get another run. When Fernandinho playing out of position is keeping u out of the team it’s maybe not going to happen for you

Zinchenko - useful squad player 

Cancelo - sublime at times and ridiculous at others.

Rodri - Citys player of the season

Silva - class player 

De Bruyne - one of the best the leagues ever seen

Sterling - good player brings something different hopefully he stays 

Mahrez - had a great season which fizzled out a bit towards the end 

Jesus - tried hard but offside too much and isn’t clinical. Will leave 

Gundogan - intelligent effective player who’s been brilliant last few years 

Foden - class

Grealish - disappointing first season. Playing a new role and position he’ll surely improve next season 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:56pm
JB would like to see a Kevin Horlock or Steve Lomas type player come into the squad.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 12:19am

Will the squad get a revamp JB?

Ederson - integral to how they play, should try to save more shots though, will be number 1 for the foreseeable 

Walker - watch how city have defended the last few weeks without him and it’s evident he’s a vital part of their setup. Number 1 right back at the club

Dias - big season for him next. I’d a feeling he was being a bit over rated last year despite his great performances and he looked shaky at times this. Still very young for a defender 

Stones - consistent season, doesn’t make many mistakes. Don’t like him at right back at all though

Laporte - mixed bag, lots of errors but also looked composed at times 

Ake - he looked good in a few games but then didn’t get another run. When Fernandinho playing out of position is keeping u out of the team it’s maybe not going to happen for you

Zinchenko - useful squad player 

Cancelo - sublime at times and ridiculous at others.

Rodri - Citys player of the season

Silva - class player 

De Bruyne - one of the best the leagues ever seen

Sterling - good player brings something different hopefully he stays 

Mahrez - had a great season which fizzled out a bit towards the end 

Jesus - tried hard but offside too much and isn’t clinical. Will leave 

Gundogan - intelligent effective player who’s been brilliant last few years 

Foden - class

Grealish - disappointing first season. Playing a new role and position he’ll surely improve next season 

I’d agree with pretty much all of those assessments of players....but I’m sure maybe one (Jesus or sterling) or two(ake or zinchenko) will leave.if Jesus leaves it does only leave haaland as the only out and out center forward and with little cover,but haven played without a center forward for much of the last two seasons this is maybe why they’ll allow Jesus to go.

The back line still needs work....teams know that quick counter attacks can open the city defense that’s quite leggy without Walker but I can’t see any money being spent on the defense.

Haaland and Alvarez to be added to the squad will hopefully solve the center forward problem and with a bit of luck grealish will step up to the plate for the second season like most of peps signings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 464465466467468 509>
  Share Topic