You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427428429 509>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:32pm
thought it was a very good performance from city to....actually looked very solid across the back.dias played very well,his passing and reading of the game is brilliant but it’s early doors still.city managed the game very well,Arsenal had spells of dominance but never really hurt city.when arsenal did get on top city took control of the ball for a few minutes and took the fizzy out of the arsenal attack.good win.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Kyle Walker had a really good game RB.

Dias and Cancelo excellent too.

Not sure if sarcasm 

Not this time.
What are you doing here? Jeff giving Bruno the runaround?

LOL

Only seeing this now! 

That worked out well Clap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm

there’ll be an extra empty seat at the etihad when they ban that scumbag 

BUMP for Sidney 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:31pm

there’ll be an extra empty seat at the etihad when they ban that scumbag 

BUMP for Sidney 
That was an uncalled for attack on Liam Gallagher
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:36pm
LOL
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 5:36am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:05pm
I like the look of the Dias Laporte partnership so far
Ake has also looked a good signing too
Torres impressive through the middle tonight
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:17pm

I like the look of the Dias Laporte partnership so far
Ake has also looked a good signing too
Torres impressive through the middle tonight

Yeah he looks the part does Dias and when Laporte gets up to speed they could be the business.ake hasn’t done much wrong when he has played either.good performance again tonight against a average marseille side but job done.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:23pm
Yeah Marseille weren’t great at all so hard to read much into it, but best all round performance from City this season

Dias seems to love defending and is a leader at the back
Kyle Walker in great form too 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:33pm

Yeah Marseille weren’t great at all so hard to read much into it, but best all round performance from City this season

Dias seems to love defending and is a leader at the back
Kyle Walker in great form too 

Walker is flying...so I expect a mistake from him soon.😆
Dias has had a handy start to his city career so far...I’d like to see him go head to head against a really good striker just to see what he’s made of,plus it’ll be good to see if he stands up to the physical battle this weekend.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:56pm
Need to start kicking on in the league now 
Should have 4 more points, if Sterling could finish one on ones with the keeper 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 8:27pm
Pep today when asked about the Barca job 

“I'm incredibly happy here in Manchester and hopefully I can do a good job this season to stay longer“
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 5:28pm

“I'm incredibly happy here in Manchester and hopefully I can do a good job this season to stay longer“
Are you trying to convince yourself LOL

What do you expect him to say ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

He seemed pretty unequivocal to me:
"As manager of Barcelona my time is over," said Guardiola. "I lived my period there. Ronald Koeman is there, I respect him. He is an incredible friend of mine. It belongs for other people."
https://hwww.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54763201

Which surprised me, I must say, but I think he's taking the lomg view. That is, now is not a good time to be taking over at the Camp Nou - the whole set-up needs rebuilding, at a time when there's no money in the coffers. The squad is ageing, Messi cannot go on for ever and who knows how/when the stadium will get sorted.

He could go in now and spend the next five years getting things in order - if he's given that time.

Alternatively, if he waits for someone else to do it, even if successful, that would leave him well into his 50's before he could then step in. And as he indicated himself, managing Barca is a young man's job, since it is so demanding.

Compare that with the relative security, support and resources he has at the Etihad.

Edited by Territorial - 31 Oct 2020 at 8:05pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm

Nope, merely discussing some interesting quotes
I’m edging towards him extending his contract at City in what I think will happen, have been 50-50 since end of last season
Definitely don’t see him going back to Barca anyway, he repeated that today after the game when asked 

I suppose you’re surprised he’s still at City considering you were one of the ones saying for the last three years “he’ll be gone by May” after every defeat 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 31 Oct 2020 at 9:34pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 12:52am
Two years !!

Never said he’d go back to Barca.

PSG or Juve would be my guess.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

He seemed pretty unequivocal to me:
"As manager of Barcelona my time is over," said Guardiola. "I lived my period there. Ronald Koeman is there, I respect him. He is an incredible friend of mine. It belongs for other people."

Which surprised me, I must say, but I think he's taking the lomg view. That is, now is not a good time to be taking over at the Camp Nou - the whole set-up needs rebuilding, at a time when there's no money in the coffers. The squad is ageing, Messi cannot go on for ever and who knows how/when the stadium will get sorted.

He could go in now and spend the next five years getting things in order - if he's given that time.

Alternatively, if he waits for someone else to do it, even if successful, that would leave him well into his 50's before he could then step in. And as he indicated himself, managing Barca is a young man's job, since it is so demanding.

Compare that with the relative security, support and resources he has at the Etihad.
Rules Pep out straight away really doesn't it? Serious rebuilding work to be done not a team full of world class players and a club with near bottomless pockets
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 9:40am

When he first took over Barca they hadn't won a trophy in 2 years, which is a crisis for a club that size, so don't really agree

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 425426427428429 509>
  Share Topic