Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 400401402403404 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

TWENTY!!!!!

Take that up with CIES the crowd who produced the study 

Shows how f**king stupid things like that are, shame on you for sharing it on a public forum bro.
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 7:06pm

they were very quick to rule that Aguero goal out for offside when evidence was inconclusive
Didn’t fancy the controversy as De Gea had apparently stopped

Yup, I thought the same myself.

There were any number of decisions that were off today. First, the foul on Fernandes for the free for the goal was soft, to say the least. Second, they didn't VAR the Martial goal (admittedly it was probably just about onside, but it still should have been looked at, at the very least). Third, that foul on Fred was definitely a penalty and they absolutely bottled it. Fourth, the lines for that Aguero goal looked very United friendly. Obviously de Gea should not have stopped playing but it was dodgy. The worst of the lot was the Fred decision.

There were at least two decisions that were plain wrong (the Fernandes foul and the Fred yellow) and a few more that were dubious.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

they were very quick to rule that Aguero goal out for offside when evidence was inconclusive
Didn’t fancy the controversy as De Gea had apparently stopped

Yup, I thought the same myself.

There were any number of decisions that were off today. First, the foul on Fernandes for the free for the goal was soft, to say the least. Second, they didn't VAR the Martial goal (admittedly it was probably just about onside, but it still should have been looked at, at the very least). Third, that foul on Fred was definitely a penalty and they absolutely bottled it. Fourth, the lines for that Aguero goal looked very United friendly. Obviously de Gea should not have stopped playing but it was dodgy. The worst of the lot was the Fred decision.

There were at least two decisions that were plain wrong (the Fernandes foul and the Fred yellow) and a few more that were dubious.
I think it was offside albeit not by much, DDG, and every keeper for that matter should know to play the whistle now. 

I think the first 3 yellows were barely fouls let alone yellows but that’s Mike Dean 

I thought Sterling was poor today 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 9:00pm
sterling,rodri,foden(till he moved inside) all poor today.theres a slowness in that cit team now that seems to be getting worse.rodri,foden,gundogan,Sergio all slow across the ground but slow pressing and passing...and it’s killing us.rodri is a dud,ray wilkins will never be dead once rodri is playing...just goes back or sideways.you'd have to excuse ederson today there his only real high profile mistakes since he’s been at the club but two howlers they were.huge work to overhaul that squad in the summer if pep stays...more worrying for me is that the last few players he’s bought have been sh*t...and that’s a huge cause for concern.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 9:25pm
You're harsh on Rodri, he isn't that bad

There was a lack of creativity today and the biggest weakness was Otamendi (other than Ederson who had two howlers)

Pep said in his pre match interview that everyone would be playing this game and the next two league games to keep players fresh for Real Madrid and the FA Cup, which shows where his priorities lie this season.
Still, its not good losing to United 3 times in a season. One more possible meeting with them to come maybe
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 9:56pm

You're harsh on Rodri, he isn't that bad

There was a lack of creativity today and the biggest weakness was Otamendi (other than Ederson who had two howlers)

Pep said in his pre match interview that everyone would be playing this game and the next two league games to keep players fresh for Real Madrid and the FA Cup, which shows where his priorities lie this season.
Still, its not good losing to United 3 times in a season. One more possible meeting with them to come maybe

Harsh on rodri!!!! What game were you watching today or have been watching in the past with him playing.when he gets the ball facing the opposing goal he turns and goes backwards or sideways with a pass,he sprays the odd cross field pass now and again but as for keeping the momentum in play he kills it.he can’t tackle,he doesn’t track back,he’s not a box to box midfielder and he doesn’t burst from the center to arrive late,he doesn’t play the final killer pass and he’s gased out 15/20 mins from the end of games yet he’s played nearly every minute of this season plus he’s physically weak....all of this from the most expensive player at the club...he’s a dud.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 9:45am

Just shows you how dependent City are on De Bruyne

Absolutely. Which in turn also shows you just how incredible it was for them to reach 98 points with him barely playing last season.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:47pm

Foden was good I thought
Has started a cup final and Manchester derby in the last seven days the man who had apparently wasted his career by signing a new contract a while ago

It's been known for weeks now that City won't catch Liverpool, neither will they finish outside the top four, therefore this was the perfect opportunity for PG to give his best young players like Foden game time in PL matches. Yet until very recently, he has spurned this opportunity to give them vital experience for next season.

And the fact that Foden seems to have played well in the League Cup Final and yesterday only reinforces my point that he's been well ready for it.

Therefore he/his agent should have been beating down the door of Pep's office, demanding that he either gets picked for City, or be granted a loan, long before now.

But the fact of his being under contract for another five (six?) years means that Pep doesn't have to listen. It's really not difficult to understand, so I can only think that your devotion to Pep means you're being wilful in refusing to accept that sometimes he (Pep) does the wrong thing for the wrong reason.

Edited by Territorial - 09 Mar 2020 at 12:54pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Absolutely. Which in turn also shows you just how incredible it was for them to reach 98 points with him barely playing last season.

Surely hitting 98 points last season without De Bruyne means that they weren’t dependent on him 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 12:54pm
It’s also not really that hard to understand that PG wanted to keep Foden in the squad the last two years, work with him on the training ground and use him sporadically in games, with a view to him being David Silva’s replacement from next year on as a regular on the team. As I’ve predicted since your Foden concerns arose 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Mar 2020 at 12:56pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 1:04pm

It’s also not really that hard to understand that PG wanted to keep Foden in the squad the last two years, work with him on the training ground and use him sporadically in games, with a view to him being David Silva’s replacement from next year on as a regular on the team. As I’ve predicted since your Foden concerns arose 

Aye, but what Pep wants in the best interests of City (i.e. having cover in every position for every conceivable emergency) may not be in the best interests of Foden (i.e. get valuable game time, for which there's no real substitute).

For proof of which you've only got to look at eg Sancho or Mount, both of whom have forged ahead of Foden by dint of getting proper game time in the BL and PL.

Which is only what Gareth Southgate alluded to the other day:
“The door’s open for everybody [for the Euro's],” he said. “We’ve got 70 English players in the league and when they’re of the quality of a player like Phil then of course the door’s open. But it’s clear he hasn’t played a lot of first-team football, so it’s hard to gauge his level at times."

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2020 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Surely hitting 98 points last season without De Bruyne means that they weren’t dependent on him 

They weren't dependent on him last year but the handful of games KDB has missed so far this season have all featured pretty terrible displays by Man City. The 3-2 loss to Norwich, the 2-0 loss at home to Wolves and now 2-0 against United. Now, they've missed also Laporte for those very same games so maybe it's the combo of being without both. They are both probably among City's top three players though so you take two of any team's best players out of their side and they are likely to struggle.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 6:10pm
Guardiola confirms that Sane won’t sign a new contract as he wants to join another club (Bayern)

City in a weak position with this one now. Will be lucky to get £40m for him with one year left on his contract 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:49pm

Pep is confirming tonight what I’ve said for years 

Pep Guardiola:

“We don’t need to spend a pound to replace David Silva. We have Phil Foden on that position.”
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 10:40am

Pep Guardiola:

“We don’t need to spend a pound to replace David Silva. We have Phil Foden on that position.”
In fairness the dogs on the street knew it too
Some people just deserve a slap
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 11:00am
Is Foden that good or just another overrated young English player?

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Is Foden that good or just another overrated young English player?

If another player as good as David Silva was available, then Man City would be willing to buy.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Pep Guardiola:

In fairness the dogs on the street knew it too

Did they?
I remember a lot of “he’s signed a contract to sit on the bench for the next 6 years” comments and tweets about a year ago 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 400401402403404 509>
  Share Topic