Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 386387388389390 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:34pm
You're a strange bloke Terri.
Sponsored Links

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

You're a strange bloke Terri.

That may well be.

But I'm also a Spurs fan who's been at every one of their home games this season bar one, and seen most of the aways live on tv. (Not that that latter really qualifies me to comment - even if it doesn't stop others! LOL)

Anyhow, whether you think Dier's great, or he's "abysmal" (I'm somewhere inbetween myself), I'm not going to naysay the opinion of a succession of qualified, respected managers, all of whom seem to rate him highly enough and select him when fit.

And if you or others are having trouble with that, just look eg to Jordan Henderson, roundly criticised in his first few seasons at Anfield as not being fit to wear the shirt, never mind be captain. There's not many saying that now.

Edited by Territorial - 24 Jan 2020 at 1:00pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 6:58pm
Have you ever seen Spurs play live Terri?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Yeah, but I'm going to give it up, because you learn far more from watching on TV.

And from the Monday Morning Managers on forums like this one. LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:42pm
I'm amazed this forum still continues to bite at the likes of Tonyjaa and Terri.

1 religiously scouts the the Scottish Herald on a daily basis to talk about Rangers and the other actually had an argument with himself not so long ago.

Stop feeding them for god sake LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Yeah, but I'm going to give it up, because you learn far more from watching on TV.

And from the Monday Morning Managers on forums like this one. LOL

Are you behind a goal, halfway line, nosebleed section? Are you following the play or are you watching just Eric Dier and his movements?

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:03pm
MAN CITY THREAD.....f**k off you spurs knobjockeys.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:12pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:22pm
But football in the groin has a football in the groin.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 6:04pm
Edersons been sh*te this season 

A team who concede the first shot on target to the opposition team in so many games, you have to look at the keeper 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Take out the keeper, best centre half, first choice defensive midfielder and captain from any team and they'd struggle
That defence could get torn apart on Sunday, more so now if Ederson is out

He hasn’t looked great this season ederson. Haven’t seen Bravo in years, he was always a bit shaky, but don’t think it will be the difference.

4/1 -1 handicap for Liverpool is a decent bet, but never like to back pool. 

Can't agree there.
Granted he was at fault for Southampton's goal on Saturday and possibly Lamela's goal earlier in the season when his positioning was wrong, but other than that he's been faultless and has pulled off big saves at crucial times in games - West Ham and Everton away, Palace away spring to mind 

Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:04pm
There’s been a lot of football played since early November, and invariably mistakes by Ederson 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 12:17am
thought he was at fault for the second but nothing he could of done with it after the deflection...no way he could stop the first so harsh to criticize him.id be looking at the defenders jumping in ahead of him.sterling poor again and now injured,it may be a blessing in disguise for him.city are all wrong in midfield.....I’m starting to struggle to see what rodri does,plus it could be the end of the road for gungodun..he’s a lovely passer of the ball but we have a few of those and he offers no defensive steel,we also have a few of those.watching city lately would do your head in,I wonder have the players heard all pep has to say or are just holding out for the champions league.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 3:39am

Edersons been sh*te this season 

A team who concede the first shot on target to the opposition team in so many games, you have to look at the keeper 

Can't speak for his performances throughout the season but don't think he could have done anything about either goal yesterday. He'd have saved the 2nd if it wasn't for the deflection, and the first goal is just a good finish.

Poor decision by Zinchenko to foul Winks. He'd have gotten back goal side of him if he had just chased him for 15/20 yards.

City dominated so much of that game but were very wasteful with their chances.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 6:57am
Was thinking the same on Rodri while watching the match yesterday 
He’s nothing special 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 8:06am
Man City will be back - they don’t need a squad overhaul.

3/4 signings in the Summer is required. It sounds a lot but they didn’t invest last summer and a few will leave in the summer - D Silva etc

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:06am
Ederson - keep
Bravo - has to go, not good enough, get a younger deputy goalkeeper in

Walker, Laporte, Fernadinho, Cancelo, Garcia - keep
Stones and Otamendi should be sold
Mendy needs to get back to his best soon or he never will
Zinchenko is a useful squad player but will never be good enough as a left back at the highest level

Rodri - useful squad player still adapting to the team and game in England, will hopefully improve
David Silva - leaving in the summer and past his best
Bernardo, De Bruyne, Sane, Mahrez, Foden, Sterling, Gundogan - nothing wrong with the midfield/wing options - keep them all

Aguero and Jesus should be ok to continue as the strikers next season

There isn't a big overhaul needed. Just 3 or 4 to be moved out and 2 or 3 signed - a left back, a centre back and possibly a winger if Sane goes.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Man City will be back - they don’t need a squad overhaul.

3/4 signings in the Summer is required. It sounds a lot but they didn’t invest last summer and a few will leave in the summer - D Silva etc
They bought Rodri £63m, Cancelo £58m & Angelino £10m - that's fair investing considering Liverpool spent, eh, nothing. Add those 3 to the already most expensively assembled squad in the premier league and what do you get? Second place & 22 points behind the leaders after 25 games. Why isn't Guardiola getting slaughtered? 
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 386387388389390 509>
  Share Topic