Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 359360361362363 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Kompany was a massive loss. Laporte almost as big then. I think Liverpool will tear that City back line apart when they play them in a couple of months time and open up a big gap on them.

Not replacing Kompany was a mistake by pep.
Alderweireld from Spurs was available for only £25M. 

He should correct this in Jan.

Liverpool will also lose games over the next few months. They are not unbeatable Hans. 

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Two years ago when City had the league won by Christmas, Stones and Otamendi were the centre half partnership for the first half of the season up until Stones got injured at Leicester in December

True - although surely you can accept both players have regressed since then? Stones plays like he doesn't have the full confidence of Pep - which is fair enough as he doesn't. And Otamendi was reduced to a bit part player for almost all of last season. The state of the pair of them against Norwich.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 11:29am
Yep i'd agree. I'm not saying they're going to be part of a defence that are going to walk to the title again.
My point was more pointing out a rather surprising fact that they were a pretty good back 2 two seasons ago when City walked the title. It seems to have been forgotten since Saturday
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Last weekend showed that Laporte might just be the most important player in that City squad. It's a bit like van Dijk at Liverpool - you can play lads beside him and he'll make them look good, but take him out and play those same lads together - i.e Stones and Otamendi - and it turns into a complete sh*tshow.

Matip makes VVD look good.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Last weekend showed that Laporte might just be the most important player in that City squad. It's a bit like van Dijk at Liverpool - you can play lads beside him and he'll make them look good, but take him out and play those same lads together - i.e Stones and Otamendi - and it turns into a complete sh*tshow.

Matip makes VVD look good.

LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:43pm
You could nearly argue that based on form, Matip is performing better than VVD.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Kompany was a massive loss. Laporte almost as big then. I think Liverpool will tear that City back line apart when they play them in a couple of months time and open up a big gap on them.

Not replacing Kompany was a mistake by pep.
Alderweireld from Spurs was available for only £25M. 

He should correct this in Jan.

Liverpool will also lose games over the next few months. They are not unbeatable Hans. 

They've lost 1 PL in about 45 fixture now going back to May 2018. That was against City. They've won 14 in a row by more than 1 goal I think I heard, a new top flight record. 

You've said Liverpool will lose games in the next few months a few times as if it is a certainty. It's very strange considering all evidence. I think Liverpool will lose between 0-2 games over the PL season maximum (unless they've the title won early of course). 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You could nearly argue that based on form, Matip is performing better than VVD.

You'd be watching Liverpool regularly over the past 9 months to do that though Clap  I agree HB. Matip has been performing better than VVD. Imo from about Feb/March last season onwards.

Of course that doesn't make him a better player. VVD is the best CB in football. You have to love when people make comments they have no clue about. Anyone watching Liverpool o er the past 9 months will see that Matip is one of the best performing CBs in Europe in that time.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 3:46pm
LOL
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:11pm
When sorrows come, they come not single spies but in battalions...

"Manchester City and England defender John Stones will be out for between four and five weeks after suffering a muscle injury in training."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 4:44pm
Eric Garcia will get games now

Time to see what Fernandinho is like in centre back

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:01pm
Rodri CB with Fernandinho in front could well be how they go as well. Just for his height. Either way, Fernandinho is now a massive player again. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 5:17pm
Fernandinho will be CB I’d say. It’s been talked about since the end of last season, he’s good in the air.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:46pm
Liam Brady loves giving off about City. LOL 

He's praising Liverpool's scouting and recruitment policy and has mentioned their spending 3 times in the last 5 minutes. They've had "zillions" to spend. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 7:55pm
He is right to a degree though. Otamendi and Stones have cost a fortune and the manager clearly has zero faith in them for well over a year now.

Always thought Fernandinho could do a job at CB under Guardiola but he would need someone like Laporte next to him. Hard to see how City balance that back line over the next few months.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:11pm
Liverpool have spent plenty too

For every Stones or Otamendi (who are back to back title winners remember) there’s a Naby Keita 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 10:50pm
If you'd said Dejan Lovren, I'd totally agree with you. Money spunked on a rancid player. Keita has plenty of time imo to turn into a massive player for Liverpool and I still think he will.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 359360361362363 509>
  Share Topic