Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:40pm
Another cricket score coming up I fear
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Another cricket score coming up I fear

Don’t be afraid
They might declare soon 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm
You would know Coady is from Liverpool by just looking at him
He’s got a really yappy bastards face on him like Carragher had on the pitch, always gurning in the refs ear 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:17pm
Definite penalty. Harsh red but it's technically the correct decision. He followed through. 

Genuinely not trying to wum here but it's ridiculous that a team in 2nd place challenging for the league can't sell out a vital home game at this stage in the season. I could understand it more if City were having a bad season.  There's a very noticeable amount of empty seats. 

I've only seen 2  live City games this season on tv  and they were United/Liverpool and it was sold out but there must be a huge drop in attendance if it's a mid week game and lower opposition if this game is anything to go by. 

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Jan 2019 at 9:18pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:20pm
I agree. Empty seats talk is very boring mind you. City just don’t have the fan base of the biggest clubs in the country

There was a game a few weeks ago were Spurs only got 33k at a league game against Southampton and not a word was said about it . Spurs are having their best ever premier league campaign too. There are empty seats at the majority of grounds. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jan 2019 at 9:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:30pm
Poor second half, expected to see a few more goals
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:05pm
The talk of empty seats is very boring, no offence to muff. It's just done to death. The simple fact is that City don't have the support base to fill a stadium that size for every single game. There's no shame in that and there aren't many teams in England who would fill out a 55k stadium for every game they play. In 5/10 years time if they keep on winning trophies in the intervening period, no doubt that support base will grow and grow.

Missed the game. Jesus looking sharp? De Bruyne looking fit when he came on? Or hard to tell playing against 10 men for the majority of the game?

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm
Yeah both Hans, Jesus and KDB both looked shame
Highlight for me was the Laporte pass in the build up to the first goal. 
City were zipping it about with a good tempo early on but the red card killed the game as a contest, and the second half was boring at times

A much needed clean sheet. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jan 2019 at 10:23pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I agree. Empty seats talk is very boring mind you. City just don’t have the fan base of the biggest clubs in the country

There was a game a few weeks ago were Spurs only got 33k at a league game against Southampton and not a word was said about it . Spurs are having their best ever premier league campaign too. There are empty seats at the majority of grounds. 

I know there's been barbs thrown before on here regarding empty seats and City  but I don't remember ever engaging in it tbh. It wasn't mean't as a jibe. Koombaya!! LOLWink

I do think Spurs deserve the benefit of the doubt given they're not playing in their own stadium even though 33k is a poor turnout all the same. Spurs would've filled that Southampton fixture in their new stadium providing they were doing well in the league.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:40pm
Barcelona had 29 thousand empty seats yesterday in just as vital a league game as city’s tonight. It’s pretty common these days. It’s overplayed on social media about city, as I said, they don’t have a massive fan base. 

Spurs and Chelsea played in front of 44k last week in the league cup semi final at Wembley 
I know the attendance was capped at 52k, but even still they didn’t get near that or sell out. City had more in their fa cup game against Rotherham a few days before, but that doesn’t suit many people’s narrative 

The Emirates has had empty seats galore at many games for years now. Nothing made of it 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jan 2019 at 10:42pm
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:45pm
ordinary fans have been priced out of the game
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

if it wasnt for the football tourists from Ireland, rest of Europe, etc etc, how many teams would fill their own stadiums with their own supporters anyway...
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

if it wasnt for the football tourists from Ireland, rest of Europe, etc etc, how many teams would fill their own stadiums with their own supporters anyway...

Depends how local the main fanbase is. 

Some clubs have it really difficult, like Wigan who’s local population don’t even associate themselves with Football and there’s the opposite effect 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:26am

Once they are in their own Stadium i’d Imagine they’ll sell out every week.
Wembley is a soulless stadium and season ticketsholders are not happy playing there all season.

I’m really surprised City don’t get more ‘tourists’ supporters tho or make an effort to fill the stadium.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:05am
Why don't clubs like City who maybe know the game isn't selling out go and give free tickets to schools or somewhere similar? They fill the stadium, make an extra few bob on whatever they buy in the ground and the kids get the game.
Some people just deserve a slap
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Why don't clubs like City who maybe know the game isn't selling out go and give free tickets to schools or somewhere similar? They fill the stadium, make an extra few bob on whatever they buy in the ground and the kids get the game.

If you go onto the city website a couple of days in advance of a match its generally listed as sold out, invariably it's the same pockets of seats that dont have anyone on them, wouldnt be surprised if these have been block bought by some crowd and they can't shift them
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm

Barcelona had 29 thousand empty seats yesterday in just as vital a league game as city’s tonight. It’s pretty common these days. It’s overplayed on social media about city, as I said, they don’t have a massive fan base. 

Spurs and Chelsea played in front of 44k last week in the league cup semi final at Wembley 
I know the attendance was capped at 52k, but even still they didn’t get near that or sell out. City had more in their fa cup game against Rotherham a few days before, but that doesn’t suit many people’s narrative 

The Emirates has had empty seats galore at many games for years now. Nothing made of it 

I suppose the fact that their stadium is huge gives them some excuse. Was at one of their league games last season and it looked cat with 30 odd thousand empty seats in the upper tiers even though they still had 60k+ at it. It's more noticable in bigger stadiums. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:48pm
City are angry that the checkatrade trophy game against Sunderland is the night before the second leg against Burton as they wanted to field a young team, apparently
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 307308309310311 509>
  Share Topic