You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 509>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Are you saying City players are better footballers as they are on Drugs??? 

Eh no, what makes you think that? 

It's the financial doping that gives them the ability to buy all these players. If they played by the rules they wouldn't have great players covering great players in every area. 

Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Brendan, would City have broken in to your top 6 clubs in Europe yet, or are they still trailing behind Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG and Atletico Madrid?

I'll update my top 6 after the Champions League group stages are done. They are certainly in with a shout of making it.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:19pm
I was at the game yesterday and City fans rightly delighted with teams performance, their close control and movement is frighting. United on the other hand looked to have no creativity, some average players in that side.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 3:40pm
Could have and should have won more comfortably. He really does elavate players to a different level. So many of that team could play in other teams and just be average to good
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Could have and should have won more comfortably. He really does elavate players to a different level. So many of that team could play in other teams and just be average to good

Yes he has spent an awful lot of money to build a great squad, but his transfer policy has been brilliant so far. Not too many dud signings. Claudio Bravo maybe the only one?

Its not as if he's gone out and signed many "galacticos" either. All mainly young players with potential but still many question marks. The likes of Sterling, Stones and Walker were seen as overpriced beacause they were English internationals but had plenty of critics and weaknesses to their game. Laporte an uncapped centre half. Ederson largely unheard of. Sane young but unproven and a gamble. Gabriel Jesus the same.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 7:45pm
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1062040025209159680

A pattern's emerging here. The chap should be studied for medical purposes. His ability to recover from injuries early is astonishing.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:02pm
Jaysus bhob have a day off

Got injured Nov 1st, manager said he’d be out 5-6 weeks, targeting a return on the match on December 4th 

Nothing to see here 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:28pm
Yeah, i run the Guardian twitter account you got me.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:14pm
Listening to all the plaudits City are getting, you would think City were unbeatable. City have been impressive but I don't think they are near their best form of last season yet. People are getting carried away imo. The opposition have been appalling for the most part recently, failing to lay a glove on them like United and Southampton in the past week. 

West Ham away is far less of a gimme than yesterdays game. The Chelsea game in a months time will tell exactly where City are at though, win that comfortably and it's hard to see anyone stopping them. Especially considering they'll have played all the top sides away from home and picked up a serious tally of points.

I also think to win the PL and CL double Citys best shape is a 4-3-3 with the Sane Aguero/Jesus Sterling attack flying again. They seemed to have completely moved away from this with Mendy playing so high up and Mahrez a serious and quality option. I don't think anything touches that attacking trio though, with a midfield of Fernandinho, De Bruyne and Silva behind. Be interesting to see if they go back to that shape and playing personnel at some point. Guardiola obviously wants lots of attacking shapes and options now, but I don't think we'll see them at their very best until that 3 pronged attack comes back.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

United bought the league for years, now city do it and their up in arms. It's beautiful. Some lad called Duncan castles freaking out on Twitter.

LOL

I like the cut of your jib
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:38pm
Castles is a joke journalist. Mourinhos puppet

City are more organised and look more solid at the back than they did last season I would say Hans. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 12:00am

Castles is a joke journalist. Mourinhos puppet

City are more organised and look more solid at the back than they did last season I would say Hans. 

I think they've yet to be severely tested but there's no doubting that tactically Guardiola is taking a different tact in certain games, like at Anfield. Unlike their visits there last season, they barely left themselves open once. I'll be very interested to see how they set up tactically going to Chelsea in a few weeks time.

They have more serious quality depth on the bench this season, but I really don't think we've seen their best 11 yet. Sane gives them a totally different dimension to their play imo, but he'll find it hard to become a regular it looks. Stones and Laporte have looks solid, much less prone to a brainfart ala Otamendi (even though he had a really good PL campaign last season). 

Castles is a gift. Please God Mourinho makes it to Christmas at least. There's some serious laughter to be had yet with clowns like Castles writing on his behalf.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:33pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:13pm
Benjamin Mendy has had surgery on a meniscus in his knee bhob
No timeframe set for his return yet 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 4:16am
Is this the 3rd knee injury he has had since his signing?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 7:05am
The 2nd I thought?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 8:11am
Was going to say it would be a worry that he's having continuous knee trouble but if it's his 2nd, and a different knee then maybe it won't be an ongoing issue for him.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 8:14am

Benjamin Mendy has had surgery on a meniscus in his knee bhob
No timeframe set for his return yet 

Off to Barcelona with him and he'll be back in half the time Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 509>
  Share Topic