Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 8:54pm
Ooh matron  I just rattle the bowl and the biatch comes a running LOL here kitty kitty kittyCool
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 11:58pm
[QUOTE=Green Devil]Monaco also reached the last 4 of the Champions League that season.[/QUOTE

I'm very much aware of everything Monaco did in 2016/17. I discussed them on here numerous times. One of the most exciting teams I've watched in years.

I'm not sure how anything being said here shows that PSG aren't a circus of a club? Ye are just talking in circles about nothing really.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:22am
It’s rather simple to grasp.

You dismissed PSG for not winning the league in France in the 16/17 season yet in the same breath said Monaco were one of the most exciting teams in years...

I’m not talking in circles anyway, re read my posts.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:23am
In short, PSG are a collection of very talented individuals, some of them talented enough that in many games, their individual talents will be enough to see the team over the line, but at the highest level, they have been found out too many times as a team, Liverpool is only the latest example. 

The entire concept of a team seems to be alien to Neymar for starters, maybe some will point out that it's somewhat alien to Ronaldo too, but the difference is Ronaldo has proved time & time again he is good enough to get away with it by constantly delivering goals, assists, whatever it takes, by the truckload-  Neymar has done no such thing consistently. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

You dismissed PSG for not winning the league in France in the 16/17 season yet in the same breath said Monaco were one of the most exciting teams in years...

"PSG are a shocking team, how could they lose the title in a 1 team league, oh wait they lost to the team I was saying myself how they were best team I've seen in years"

I mean like, I'm not the smartest person in the world, everyone knows that. But that's stupid even for my standards LOL
Taxi for Moleman!

Edited by coyne - 21 Sep 2018 at 12:52am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Btw can anyone explain how a club with that budget managed to lose the Ligue 1 title in 2016/17 in a 1 team league supposedly?

The fact you had to ask this question proves you haven't a clue what you're talking about and just merely waffling on as per usual.

It's such a sh*t and obvious question it's not even worthy of an answer LOL

I genuinely would love for you or anyone to point out any waffle I've said about PSG? Instead of just saying that's waffle, actually making an argument for the opposite.

So PSG in Ligue 1 with a budget so far beyond everyone else, making it a '1 team league' as regularly said< nuan_new="true" id="WebWizRTE" ="https://forum.ybig.ie/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&ID=2134983&CACHE=1541" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" height="300" width="650">, managed to not win their domestic league in 2016/17. They also managed to not win their domestic league in 2011/12. So twice in 7 seasons they have failed to win the title with an incredible financial advantage over all of their domestic opposition.

In the CL in that time, you could call their failure to progress a totally abysmal failure, but that would be being kind. Despite that massive budget, despite smashing world records for a transfer fee, nobody has even noticed that they are in the CL besides the inevitable implosion in the knockout stages each March. 

That is just an overall synopsis of where that club is at. A total circus of a club. No idea what they are at in a football sense besides spending as much as possible and hoping when you throw enough sh*t at a wall, something will eventually stick. As things stand, they are going to have throw an awful amount of more muck before anything sticks in the CL,

That is the overall summation of PSG. When you delve into the breakdown of their team and squad itself in it's current state, there are so many glaring weaknesses. I'm amazed anyone considers them a top CL side.

How did the Leicester City win the 'greatest league' in the world the previous season against the mighty City, United and Liverpool?

And what about City's 'failure' in the champions league?

You really talk some rubbish.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 21 Sep 2018 at 7:40am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:23am
New one year contract extension for Aguero, taking him up to 2021. That would be a decade at the club if he stays to then.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:29am
Why has Jesus Christ been so average the past year or so? Guardiola was very lucky he didn't sell Aguero when there was talk of that
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 9:32am
No idea. He's been very poor of late.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:18am
Yeah was only thinking that about Jesus the other day - when he first arrived at City it looked like he was going to be a world beater. Not only has he not kicked on at all since the second half of that 16/17 season but actually he's regressed fairly significantly. Doesn't look like he's ever going to be anything more than a decent enough back-up striker for City.
The Brazilian coach's decision to consistently select him ahead of Firmino at the WC was pretty baffling.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No idea. He's been very poor of late.
He will rise again.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yeah was only thinking that about Jesus the other day - when he first arrived at City it looked like he was going to be a world beater. Not only has he not kicked on at all since the second half of that 16/17 season but actually he's regressed fairly significantly. Doesn't look like he's ever going to be anything more than a decent enough back-up striker for City.
The Brazilian coach's decision to consistently select him ahead of Firmino at the WC was pretty baffling.

I didn’t get that at all. Firminho is as good a lone man up top as anyone out there . Jesus clearly needs another man beside him. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:03pm
The past 6-10 months its been quite hard to see what he actually adds to the team other than scoring tap ins.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

If Pep was to sell Aguero in the summer I think it would be a huge mistake in the same way it was for Chelsea selling Costa, when I watch Gabriel Jesus I don't really get the hype, reminds me so much of Javier Hernandez! Not sure he will ever reach the level of Aguero.

Still valid.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:06pm

If Pep was to sell Aguero in the summer I think it would be a huge mistake in the same way it was for Chelsea selling Costa, when I watch Gabriel Jesus I don't really get the hype, reminds me so much of Javier Hernandez! Not sure he will ever reach the level of Aguero.

Still valid.

My dad made the same comparison the other night LOL
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Still valid.

Are you calling Brendan Daddy now Shocked
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:11pm
Aguero was never for being sold.
He mustn't have that sad a life in Manchester if he is approaching his tenth year there.

Good comparison to Hernandez in fairness.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Still valid.

Are you calling Brendan Daddy now Shocked

No
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272273274275276 509>
  Share Topic