Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No probablys about it
Different class to the rest going forward

True

That's 5 or more against
Liverpool
Palace
Watford
Stoke

They definitely won't lose the title on goal difference.

Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 10:27pm
Second goal today was a thing of class....barca like
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:00am
Reckon they'll win the league at a canter this season 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 12:00am
De bruyne was out of this world today

Starting to look world class
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:22pm
Watching United yesterday, they won't put it up to City, Chelsea are way off it so it'll be Spurs the only ones that will be anywhere close. 

De Bruyne's assists are a joy to behold

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Watching United yesterday, they won't put it up to City, Chelsea are way off it so it'll be Spurs the only ones that will be anywhere close. 

Spurs will be miles off City
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Don't write off Man U yet - Jose has won many leagues playing this way.
Pep has won many leagues with a far more attacking mindset.

Different and contrasting strategies used by both managers that have been successful.
Interesting to see how it's ends.

Spurs at Wembley will be behind both the Manchester clubs.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 10:34am
Guardiola really is getting the best out of these players now. He's making some of them look like bargains despite the mountains of cash that has been spent on them.
£54m for De Bruyne, £27m for Jesus, £37m for Sane etc - look like bargains in today's market

The squad seems to be happy too with the likes of Kompany not being missed, so far Aguero and Mendy haven't been missed but I've a feeling Mendy will be eventually, and theres the likes of Toure, and Gundogan sitting on the bench

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:55am

He's taken it up a level again this season. Best player in the league at the moment - a joy to watch.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

He's taken it up a level again this season. Best player in the league at the moment - a joy to watch.

His pass for the Sane goal was unbelievable
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:30pm
His pass to Sane for Sterling's goal was also unreal, the reverse disguised through ball.
His one for Jesus' second goal was also outstanding

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm
Yeah, his vision is almost unbelievable. He sees passes that almost every other player would either a)assume are not on or b) just wouldn't even consider as a possibility.

City have been fantastic to watch so far this season.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:58am
With De Bruyne and Silva, the sky is the limit for the City team. Watching English football down the years, it's hard to think of a classier midfield line up. Have dealt brilliantly with the loss of Mendy and Kompany so far. Whether it's this season or next, they are definitely heading in the direction of being 1 of the big 4/5 realistic CL challengers for  a few years on the bounce.

The Aguero situation is still very interesting there though. He's back on the bench but getting no game time. So either he's still recovering and being minded or he's in the dog house with the manager. Either way, what an incredible replacement when needs be Jesus is. Unbelievable signing. They stole this guy for peanuts really in todays valuations.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:12am
City do have one of if not the best squads in PL/Europe. I think they still need another left back and perhaps another Striker, as having only 2 strikers during a season is very risky. They've been lucky enough to have one of them fit when the other is out but if both were injured it would be a problem.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

With De Bruyne and Silva, the sky is the limit for the City team. Watching English football down the years, it's hard to think of a classier midfield line up. Have dealt brilliantly with the loss of Mendy and Kompany so far. Whether it's this season or next, they are definitely heading in the direction of being 1 of the big 4/5 realistic CL challengers for  a few years on the bounce.

The Aguero situation is still very interesting there though. He's back on the bench but getting no game time. So either he's still recovering and being minded or he's in the dog house with the manager. Either way, what an incredible replacement when needs be Jesus is. Unbelievable signing. They stole this guy for peanuts really in todays valuations.

The way City have played so far, its hard to even say that Kompany would start if he got back to full fitness, and I never imagined myself saying that. He was always one of the irreplaceables.

Aguero - definitely a bit of punishment in it I think for going to Amsterdam with Pep not bringing him on in the last two games. He said players were free to do what they liked on days off, but I'd say he was definitely pissed off. Don't think Aguero will be there next season, with Sanchez coming in
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:21am
I think serious injuries to Mendy and Kompany really hurts their squad depth though. Not sure what is actually happening with Kompany again, he could be fit soon! They have a really strong squad of about 18, so can't afford many more long term injuries. As things stand, it's hard to see many teams capable of getting anything off them in the PL. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:25am

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The way City have played so far, its hard to even say that Kompany would start if he got back to full fitness, and I never imagined myself saying that. He was always one of the irreplaceables.

Aguero - definitely a bit of punishment in it I think for going to Amsterdam with Pep not bringing him on in the last two games. He said players were free to do what they liked on days off, but I'd say he was definitely pissed off. Don't think Aguero will be there next season, with Sanchez coming in

I agree about Kompany now. Think Guardiola has total faith in Otamendi/Stones as a pairing. If they play 3, Kompany would definitely come in though. 

I though that Aguero would be gone this summer, with Sanchez there already. then Aguero starts the season on fire! He's a superb player, be a pity if there was a real fall out there and he could potentially score any amount of goals would those lads supplying him. In saying that, so could Jesus!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:34am
City can line up in a number of ways. The two up front of Jesus and Aguero, with 3 centre halves and Walker and Mendy as wing backs worked well early in the season. 
With Delph coming in for the injured Mendy, he wouldnt be as good a wing back, so him and Walker are sort of playing as inverted full backs in a back 4 when City lose possession. A thing Pep tried last season with his full backs tucking in almost to midfield. It didn't really work last season but worked beautifully at Stamford Bridge recently. That allows you to play the 3 young exciting players up front that have worked so well together Sane-Jesus-Sterling, with the width coming from Sane and Sterling. 
Kyle Walker also has licence to get forward in this set up as well and has a number of assists already, but Delph doesn't seem to go forward as much when playing in a back 4. 

Both lineups are good options, and when you have Silva and De Bruyne supplying them with ball in behind, its a joy to watch when it works

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 19 Oct 2017 at 9:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 162163164165166 509>
  Share Topic