You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 8:57pm
That 2nd yellow looked very harsh
Sponsored Links

Mr Stupid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:03pm
A shot. A goal.

city keepers wha ?
Stupid like a fox
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:05pm
City 2 foul throws already, what happened the basic's
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:20pm
I've seen City win games with ten men as their pressure told on the lesser teams who have the extra man. Everton would be very foolish to sit back as City are better than United at breaking teams down who are sitting back especially at home. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:45pm
City looking the more likely now
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:48pm
Ref is having a shocker
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:48pm
You dirty diving bastid Aguero Angry
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:49pm
Didn't see the first half. Did Walker deserve to go?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Didn't see the first half. Did Walker deserve to go?
Debateable one really but he did look for the player before throwing his arm in
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:12pm
Walker never deserved to go....the second yellow was a motion towards a player that you'd see numerous times in a game and nothing be done about it..the ref was average at best tonight.i though city where excellent tonight,controlled the ball well and created loads of chance even with ten men..on the Everton goal,Everton are a good side and will cause the top teams plenty of problem when the fully gel together and they where always gonna create a chance..they did and that took it...city created more and didn't take them...but the game confirms to me that city will be well in the top two mix for the season.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

West Brom signed [Jonny Evans] 2 years ago for £7.5m
He's hardly been outstanding there. Steady and decent enough but nothing spectacular.
He's 29 now.

Now I know prices have gone crazy this summer, but talk of quadrupling his pricetag from 2 years ago is a bit OTT for me.
I'm obviously biased, what with watching his excellent displays for NI over the last 3 or 4 years.

So for the informed opinion of the Daily Telegraph's Midlands Football Correspondent, I'll give you this:

"This is Jonny Evans, a highly-experienced Northern Ireland international, a former Manchester United defender with three Premier League winners' medals. Since joining West Brom for just £6m, in what is surely one of the shrewdest buys of the last few years, he has been outstanding, performing at a consistently high level. He has made it look so easy at times, drawing comparisons from older supporters to Baggies legends such as John Wile and Ally Robertson. The only things missing at times have been the carpet slippers and cigar.
Evans was voted Player of the Year after his first season and was equally brilliant in the last campaign, playing at centre-half, left-back and even as a defensive midfielder.
With my Midlands correspondent hat firmly placed on my bald bonce, it would be brilliant if he was to stay. He has been a joy to watch and brief highlights on Match of the Day on a Saturday night do not present an accurate reflection of his performances. But City's interest is serious and another bid is expected in the next few days.
Whether it happens or not, one thing is abundantly clear: Evans remains one of the most criminally under-rated central defenders in the Premier League and would not look out of place among Guardiola's squad of superstars."
More at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/17/jonny-evans-no-one-should-surprised-man-city-want/

P.S. As for the price hike from his transfer from MU, Antonio Rudiger cost Chelsea £29m, possibly rising to £33.3m, from Roma last month. Roma had signed him for less than a third of that two seasons ago. Bakayoko cost them £40m from Monaco, who had signed him for £7m in 2014. Salah cost Liverpool €42m rising to €50m, from Roma, who had bought him just a year ago for €15m. And then there's John Stones...

Edited by Territorial - 21 Aug 2017 at 11:14pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

He's hardly been outstanding there. Steady and decent enough but nothing spectacular.
He's 29 now.

Now I know prices have gone crazy this summer, but talk of quadrupling his pricetag from 2 years ago is a bit OTT for me.
I'm obviously biased, what with watching his excellent displays for NI over the last 3 or 4 years.

So for the informed opinion of the Daily Telegraph's Midlands Football Correspondent, I'll give you this:

"This is Jonny Evans, a highly-experienced Northern Ireland international, a former Manchester United defender with three Premier League winners' medals. Since joining West Brom for just £6m, in what is surely one of the shrewdest buys of the last few years, he has been outstanding, performing at a consistently high level. He has made it look so easy at times, drawing comparisons from older supporters to Baggies legends such as John Wile and Ally Robertson. The only things missing at times have been the carpet slippers and cigar.
Evans was voted Player of the Year after his first season and was equally brilliant in the last campaign, playing at centre-half, left-back and even as a defensive midfielder.
With my Midlands correspondent hat firmly placed on my bald bonce, it would be brilliant if he was to stay. He has been a joy to watch and brief highlights on Match of the Day on a Saturday night do not present an accurate reflection of his performances. But City's interest is serious and another bid is expected in the next few days.
Whether it happens or not, one thing is abundantly clear: Evans remains one of the most criminally under-rated central defenders in the Premier League and would not look out of place among Guardiola's squad of superstars."
More at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/17/jonny-evans-no-one-should-surprised-man-city-want/

P.S. As for the price hike from his transfer from MU, Antonio Rudiger cost Chelsea £29m, possibly rising to £33.3m, from Roma last month. Roma had signed him for less than a third of that two seasons ago. Bakayoko cost them £40m from Monaco, who had signed him for £7m in 2014. Salah cost Liverpool €42m rising to €50m, from Roma, who had bought him just a year ago for €15m. And then there's John Stones...

Do you think he can look that good at City though? My question would be over that, seeing as he benefits from being in two very well drilled compact defensive structures in WBA and NI. Playing for a much more open team like City i would have my doubts
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

He's 29 now.

Do you think he can look that good at City though? My question would be over that, seeing as he benefits from being in two very well drilled compact defensive structures in WBA and NI. Playing for a much more open team like City i would have my doubts

Actually City's set up would completely suit Evans. Evans is very comfortable on the ball, happy to bring it up the field through the middle and he's also very quick. He's similar to Rio Ferdinand in that sense. You could definitely see why Guardiola would want him and he would completely suit City's open style imo.

I think he'd be a good partner for Kompany and would play his way into the first team. 

At United I thought physically he struggled against the better forwards and would nearly have to resort to puling them to the ground but I'm sure he improved in that regard at West Brom.

Edited by irishmufc - 21 Aug 2017 at 11:38pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:48pm
Look at all the United fans in here tonight with the bitterness dripping out of them, remind me of myself!

As I said a few weeks ago 3-5-2 isn't going to work for City. They haven't got 3 good enough centre halves to play it, it's the weakest part of their team so 2 is plenty!
Sane as a wingback won't work, as we've seen tonight, Kompany as a left sided centre back almost left back at times is a disaster waiting to happen, Id be surprised if a team can win a title with Otamendi in it, Stones was the best of the defenders tonight.
Thought de bruyne was brutal
Thank goodness for Sterling, bit of buzz about him and can create chances and go past a man.
The Walker red card was farcical I thought, I didn't think there was much contact at all with the first foul on Baines tbh, was there? Would need to see a replay again.
He was basically sent off for looking at the Everton player before backing into him as the wee glance made it look like he was lining up and elbow (as did the Everton boy rolling about on the ground)

Ironically in his last game at the etihad he should have been sent off when playing for Spurs for a foul on Sterling when clean through on goal

City seem very much a work in progress still, not sure of their best formation or starting team,Pep doesn't seem sure what to do with the likes of Sane, Sterling or Bernardo Solva,
united will be hard to stop this year and I can't see them dropping many points at all against the so called weaker sides both home and away

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Aug 2017 at 11:51pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:50pm
Reports tonight say they're ready to give up on Evans due to the ridiculous asking price and move for Ben Gibson instead. Never seen the fuss about Gibson myself
I suppose Boro will want £65m
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:11am
Watch Schneiderlen on Aguero again and watch Agueros left heel. Ok he got something on the ball Schneiderlen, but still could be painful enough on the heel with the contact after he got the ball.
Whys Aguero being called a diver but Baines and Calvert Lewin aren't?
Schneiderlen nor Walker should have been sent off, just a pity City had to play an hour with a man less as it ruined the game from their perspective
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:24am
I've liked the look of Danilo so far
Did well tonight when he came on

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Aug 2017 at 12:24am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 12:43am

Reports tonight say they're ready to give up on Evans due to the ridiculous asking price and move for Ben Gibson instead. Never seen the fuss about Gibson myself
I suppose Boro will want £65m

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 153154155156157 509>
  Share Topic