You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lotto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 11:09am
one of my mates is hooked on it. Does his weeks wages every week. Daily millions ,Euros, does the whole lot. In the bookies.  Has the same numbers and does multiple bets. Chases the lucky stars in the Euromillions until they land then picks new numbers. Every few months he might win 1500 etc

Edited by BigStrongMan - 20 Nov 2021 at 11:10am
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 11:33am
You'd be a fool to tell anyone that you won it if you did.

Tell people you won Lotto Plus 1 or something. Enough to plausibly be spending a bit but not enough for people to be pestering you for years.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Does anyone know anyone who has ever won the jackpot?

I know 2 people. One as part of a syndicate and the other fella did every number combination and won the jackpot and all the 5, 4 and 3 number prizes (he had a good few people helping him because he had to put the numbers on in a load of shops across the country) 

Both were back in the 90s when it was 36 numbers. Its not worth it to do every combination now there are so many numbers 

Edited by tapfit2004 - 20 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm
Let Christy Take It.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 12:53pm
I have been doing the lotto for about 25 years and the most i have won is €10 .

Hey i live in hope 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 1:31pm
fools gold. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

You'd be a fool to tell anyone that you won it if you did.

Tell people you won Lotto Plus 1 or something. Enough to plausibly be spending a bit but not enough for people to be pestering you for years.
Much easier said than done especially in rural areas. It was one in next town to me and there was speculation for quite a while and most suspected a family that went out and bought two new houses and a new car. Might have been a bit of a give awayLOL
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 2:08pm
My Grandmotger has been doing the same sets of numbers for 30 or 40 years. Although she is 85, she knows them all off by heart and is petrified to stop in case her numbers come up.

It is costing her money that she doesn't have, and she would give it all away if she won anyway.

The lotto and scratch cards really are a tax on the poor and they know they have a trapped market. I'd love to see them abolished!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 2:11pm

My Grandmotger has been doing the same sets of numbers for 30 or 40 years. Although she is 85, she knows them all off by heart and is petrified to stop in case her numbers come up.

It is costing her money that she doesn't have, and she would give it all away if she won anyway.

The lotto and scratch cards really are a tax on the poor and they know they have a trapped market. I'd love to see them abolished!

That's me at 85 LOL

I'd love to by hypnotised to forget me numbers!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 2:21pm

Because only the poor do the lotto? Maybe we should close the betting shops, online gambling, sports clubs lottos also. 

These are all things that people have a free choice whether to participate in or not and there are unfortunately people that are addicted to them all. May as well throw alcohol and smoking in there also. 

Remember, Drugs are illegal and banned.......
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 8:44am
Every expensive house that gets bought in my area of Dublin, rumours going around straight away is that it's bought by either
(1) someone who won the lotto
(2) drug kingpins
(3) Conor McGregor
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Every expensive house that gets bought in my area of Dublin, rumours going around straight away is that it's bought by either
(1) someone who won the lotto
(2) drug kingpins
(3) Conor McGregor
Only the above 3 can afford a house really.LOL
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 11:21pm

Thats me granny to a tee.

Irish Lotto, Daily Millions, Euro Millions, Parish Lotto, Bookies Lotto, I even think she still does syndicate with her work crowd. Well whats left of them, shes retired near on 20 years ago! Madness.

Lotto started here around 87 or 88 I think?

Shes probably burned €30k in that time and at most won few hundred.

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

I know 2 people. One as part of a syndicate and the other fella did every number combination and won the jackpot and all the 5, 4 and 3 number prizes (he had a good few people helping him because he had to put the numbers on in a load of shops across the country) 

Both were back in the 90s when it was 36 numbers. Its not worth it to do every combination now there are so many numbers 

Scruffy Murphys syndicate I presume?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 11:10am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Scruffy Murphys syndicate I presume?

The syndicate was in Dublin Airport when I used to work there. I think there was about 10 or 12 in it. They got about 60000 each. 

I don't know what the name of the syndicate who did all the combinations was . Yer man who I know who was involved is mad into the betting, on anything. I didn't know him back then. 

Edited by tapfit2004 - 22 Nov 2021 at 11:10am
Let Christy Take It.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Thats me granny to a tee.

Irish Lotto, Daily Millions, Euro Millions, Parish Lotto, Bookies Lotto, I even think she still does syndicate with her work crowd. Well whats left of them, shes retired near on 20 years ago! Madness.

Lotto started here around 87 or 88 I think?

Shes probably burned €30k in that time and at most won few hundred.

A tax on stupidity
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
they made some great football shirts back in the day
Chips don't bounce
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 3:29pm
Of you are someone who ends up doing €6 on Wed and €6 on Saturday then the bookies might be a better option. 2 numbers is 40-1. Put a fiver on that.

Edited by Jackal - 22 Nov 2021 at 3:29pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Of you are someone who ends up doing €6 on Wed and €6 on Saturday then the bookies might be a better option. 2 numbers is 40-1. Put a fiver on that.
I suspect most of the people who play Lotto would consider a Paddy Power office far below them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic