You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lotto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

3rd time no ?

The machines never crashed on your watch.Clap 

Damn straight. They deserve it for being a shower of cheap bastards   
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 2:54pm
And the ticket checkers didnt work for ages either when the new crowd took over. 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 3:05pm
Nothing like a bit of privatisation to muck things up Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Portal View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Mr. Paranoid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 5:17pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 1:00pm
Rumblings over the way it is currently being ran. 

I've been doing it twice a week for the past few weeks consistently but think ill stick to the few numbers with the bookies. 

Private companies only getting greedy. 

Fine Gael TD Bernard Durkan has called for an urgent probe into the “unwinnable” National Lottery jackpot.

Mr Durkan's comments come after the biweekly national lotto was rolled over again this week.

The record €19 million jackpot has rolled over 46 times since it was last won on June 6th, which has prompted the Kildare North TD to raise questions.

“It’s been almost six months since it was won. This didn’t happen in Ronan Collins’ day,” Mr Durkan said.

“The jackpot has been stuck on €19 million since September. What’s going on?

“We need a full investigation and audit into the draw,” Mr Durkan added.

“I have never agreed with Premier Lotteries Ireland’s decision to increase the number of balls to 47.

“I’m old enough to remember 1986 when there were 36 balls and that’s how it should have stayed.”

Mr Durkan, who is on both the Oireachtas Finance and Public Expenditure committees, called on the chief executive of Premier Lotteries Ireland, Andrew Algeo, to remove some balls from the draw in an act of “good faith” to make the draw more winnable.

“In the interests of public confidence, I also want a full audit into why there has been no winner,” Mr Durkan said.

He is also calling for a return of the independent observer from KPMG, Stokes Kennedy Crowley, who used to stand beside the machine, “keeping an eye on things”.

“I’m not saying anything odd has happened, but it’s the longest run in the history of the game, so we need a bit of reassurance.”

“Currently ahead of tomorrow night’s lotto draw, the prospect of winning is so remote that punters must be thinking Shergar would have a better chance at winning Squid Game.”

Mr Durkan has said he will also be writing to the Minister for Expenditure to express his concern.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 1:21pm
The Shergar and Squid Games quote is brilliant.

Fully agree with him though. Increase of numbers and gone on hand in hand with an increase in price too for years. I feel guilted into doing the plus too, just in case!!!

Has anyone ever won on the "lotto raffle" they include on the tickets now? either euromillions or irish? We all know people who have been on winning streak but I have never heard of any winners of this and there should be multiples compared to winning streak.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:59pm
I won €500 on the raffle a few weeks back.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 4:17pm
model to be won tomorrow so
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
FG privatized the lotto did they not? And then when it was privatized they increased the amount of numbers. I for one am shocked privatization has been poor the general public 
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 7:47am
had 5 numbers a fortnight ago. One number off the jackpot and I win €516Dead
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 8:04am
Does anyone know anyone who has ever won the jackpot?
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 9:10am
Yes. A neighbour won 3 mill about 10 years ago. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 9:20am
yeah me too, a friend was part of a syndicate who won 1.5 mill each, says he wishes he’d never won it the amount of grasping family moaning that went on!
No Pasaran!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 9:25am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Yes. A neighbour won 3 mill about 10 years ago. 

2 of my neighbours in Dundalk won from the same estate. 
Both won a couple of millions. Probably 25 and 10 years ago now. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 9:33am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

yeah me too, a friend was part of a syndicate who won 1.5 mill each, says he wishes he’d never won it the amount of grasping family moaning that went on!

This.

Imagine having 19m - like what are you doing to do with all that money.

I'd much prefer the lotto to be split into much smaller prizes.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 10:14am
Those Canadian teachers are going to be the richest old people in the world when it comes time for them to collect their pensions.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 10:33am
Worst thing I ever done was pick me same numbers every week. Kind of has me on the hook now. Would much prefer to just do quick pick here and there If in the mood.

Playing all lotto and euro millions with the plus is about 80 quid a month
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 10:33am
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/euromillions-winner-gave-relatives-1m-24903177

Remember this tragic story about a Euromillions winner from a few weeks ago
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic