You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lotto

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lotto
    Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 6:15pm
Anyone do the Irish/Euro lotto regularly?

Do you pick your own numbers or quick pick option?

Seen some disaster stories about people doing it online and missing out on winning over technical glitches. Haven't done it in years but i'd stick to buying in the shop.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Guest Guest wrote:

Anyone do the Irish/Euro lotto regularly?

Do you pick your own numbers or quick pick option?

Seen some disaster stories about people doing it online and missing out on winning over technical glitches. Haven't done it in years but i'd stick to buying in the shop.

What ?
I have never seen this mentioned before.Any links to these stories ?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:20pm
Some eejits in England had their slip not go through as they'd not enough money in their account and then their number won, their own stupidity as opposed to technical glitch
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Some eejits in England had their slip not go through as they'd not enough money in their account and then their number won, their own stupidity as opposed to technical glitch

was thinking it would be human error more so than technical faults .

They probably went straight to The Sun or Daily Mail to say how gutted they were LOL

Edited by rossieman - 03 Jan 2016 at 8:26pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:29pm
Think the new crowd doing the lotto over here have had a couple of glitches since taking over including having to cancel a draw and a 2nd incident occured when a punter done 4 quick picks together and got 2 tickets exactly the same other than that have not heard of people missing out on winning due to glitches
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Think the new crowd doing the lotto over here have had a couple of glitches since taking over including having to cancel a draw and a 2nd incident occured when a punter done 4 quick picks together and got 2 tickets exactly the same other than that have not heard of people missing out on winning due to glitches

They cancelled a draw because the terminals went down .

It could happen that you get the same quick pick but probably be huge odds on that happening LOL
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Yes this is the one i read about. They put in the money and thought they had still purchased the numbers. I read it was put down as a technical glitch.
Anyway here's the link:http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/couple-miss-out-on-%C2%A335-million-lotto-jackpot-despite-having-all-six-numbers-after-technical-glitch/ar-BBo7TFG?li=AAacYg0
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 8:49pm
Thats fully human error,they reckon they have played for years and used online accounts but didn't realise they got no confirmation on screen.
Id say they realised there mistake afterwards and just chanced their arm that Camelot would give them a few pound as a good will gesture or a paper would throw them some money for the story.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 11:26pm
They didn't have enough money so couldn't buy a ticket.
You get an email confirmation of all purchases which they confirmed they didn't check.

It's a nonsense story.

One to file away with SB winning 10k on the boxing with a fake bet.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 3:28am
Use to play it religiously but gave up while saving for me house deposit as was costing about 64 a month. I picked me own numbers. Checked it once and would have got 4 and a bonus one of the days using my numbers. Would have won about 150 had I played. The way I see it though, while it would have been a nice win, I still would have lost out in the long run had I played since two years of playing at 64 a month would have cost me about 1500. Haven't checked it since though and made a pact not to check back again as almost sh*t myself when doing it.
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 9:00pm
Prob a stupid question but is winning it tax free?

It will be around 9million next time round so how much would they take off if its not tax free?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:16pm

It will be around 9million next time round so how much would they take off if its not tax free?

The winnings are tax free.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:28pm

Tax free to the winner but there is a limit on gifts you can give before its taxable.
Not by you but by the benificiary.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 12:48pm
Lotto ticket terminals have crashed again,thats the second time since the new operators took over.Cant remember there ever being a problem with the old set up.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 12:49pm
3rd time no ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 12:51pm
So it is now a lottery to play the lottery? A load of balls.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

3rd time no ?

Could be DI ,just remember the other one when the draw was deferred because of the outage .
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

3rd time no ?

The machines never crashed on your watch.Clap 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic