You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The lazy pundits thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:33pm
Well said PM,the waste majority of them are rubbish.
I often mute games on BT ,much easier than having to endure "Macca".He is by far the worst across any channel/sport.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 9:39am
Dunphy.

Enough said.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:31pm
Owen Hargreaves nearly as insufferable as Michael Owen these days.

Describes everything as 'Exceptional' 
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Owen Hargreaves nearly as insufferable as Michael Owen these days.

Describes everything as 'Exceptional' 

And why does he have an accent from South Bahstan. He sounds like little Marky Wahlberg. Hey, whatchu talkin about? Are you little Jimmy's brother?

Edited by Landon Donovan - 04 May 2017 at 9:36pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:52am
Dean Saunders and Alan Brazil discussing Jermain Defoe's move to Bournemouth this morning. They were agreeing that Man United should have come in for him, that £8m is amazing value and "who would you rather sign Defoe for £8m or somebody from Holland for £50m", he would score 20 goals at least for United next season, he trained with Spurs before moving to Sunderland and if Spurs had have signed him and added his 20 goals to Kane's goals they'd have won the league last year definitely
LOL

They do realise that Spurs played one up front last season, so it would be one or the other, Kane or Defoe, or else they'd have had to totally change the setup of the team. They think its as simple as adding 20+ goals to Spurs goals for column!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:19pm
Sky have added Alan Pardew to their pundit team so getting this thread bumped nice and ready for him
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 1:24pm
The abuse he'll get if he does the Newcastle v Spurs game LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:17pm
Is there any deadline for getting rid of Dunphy?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 1:28pm
Cunningham's comments about Herrera last night were comical LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 1:40pm
Gary Gillespie on Talksport just now referring to Hoffenheim as a Fairytale story. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Gary Gillespie on Talksport just now referring to Hoffenheim as a Fairytale story. 

Slight exaggeration but hes not wrong? From relegation playoffs to Champions League within a season with a 29 y/o Manager is some doing.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Slight exaggeration but hes not wrong? From relegation playoffs to Champions League within a season with a 29 y/o Manager is some doing.
He was more commenting on the fact that they weren't in the Bundesliga 10 years ago. Was pretty clear he had no idea how they had ended up there.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:43pm
Imagine somebody on Talksport not having an idea! 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That's a fair comment !
I only usually listen at lunchtime when I'm taking a break as I like Hawksbee & Jacobs who are normally on at that time. Wouldn't really listen to any other shows as most of it is nonsense and the equivalent of tabloid journalism in my opinion.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:52pm

That's a fair comment !
I only usually listen at lunchtime when I'm taking a break as I like Hawksbee & Jacobs who are normally on at that time. Wouldn't really listen to any other shows as most of it is nonsense and the equivalent of tabloid journalism in my opinion.
Maybe they have improved, but the last time I heard that show it was embarrassing. A show for idiots, by idiots. 
Danny Kelly was the only one at that station who could be called terms like 'journalist' or 'broadcaster', is he still there?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 2:55pm

That's a fair comment !
Maybe they have improved, but the last time I heard that show it was embarrassing. A show for idiots, by idiots. 
Danny Kelly was the only one at that station who could be called terms like 'journalist' or 'broadcaster', is he still there?
Danny Kelly is still there and is excellent.
The reason I like Hawksbee and Jacobs is that it is precisely not a show for idiots and by idiots which makes it stand out from all of the other dross like Alan Brazil etc. They do know their stuff across a lot of sports and have interesting people on there (Lutz Pfannenstiel, for example is a regular on there). 
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:12pm
I listen to Talk Sport Drive mostly after work, it's a good listen until they run out of things to talk about, and then start saying ridiculous things just to try and get people to call in.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by mbyrne15 mbyrne15 wrote:

I listen to Talk Sport Drive mostly after work, it's a good listen until they run out of things to talk about, and then start saying ridiculous things just to try and get people to call in.

They had Sunderland and Ipswich both relegated from the Championship a few weeks ago before the season even started due to pre season friendly results.
Mick McCarthy wouldn't last too long this season according to Durham

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic