Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The lazy pundits thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

City are playing poorly, they don't look like scoring many goals in games recently. I would agree that its come at a good time for United to give them a big lift, back at Old Trafford under the lights after that thumping on Sunday.

I disagree there, winning a game in the league cup even if it's against Citeh, won't go a long way to repairing the damage done from that embarrassing defeat on Sunday imo.

Sure it'll be nice to win, but not even the most arrogant manager on the planet could possibly think the general public are that naive to think everything is rosey if they win tomorrow. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:52am
Dunphy isn't actually far wrong about Eddie Howe mind...

He's viewed by many as the natural successor to Arsene Wenger, same style of football etc - Hence why Wenger recommended Wilshere went to Bournemouth.

Fantastic manager. Turned an absolute tinpot club into a club worth watching playing half-decent football without lumping millions at any random Joe Bloggs. Same goes with Dyche.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He's viewed by many as the natural successor to Arsene Wenger, same style of football etc - Hence why Wenger recommended Wilshere went to Bournemouth.

Fantastic manager. Turned an absolute tinpot club into a club worth watching playing half-decent football without lumping millions at any random Joe Bloggs. Same goes with Dyche.
Can't recall at this moment but Burnley were going to get someone from Arsenal as we were in the same boat as above . Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder whatever happen to Owen Coyle anyway . LOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:38pm

Same could have gone for Brendan Rogers and DAvid Moyes too.

There's plenty of decent coaches that can get a team to play good football, until he's proven he can handle the egos of today's superstars he's totally unproven.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Same could have gone for Brendan Rogers and DAvid Moyes too.

There's plenty of decent coaches that can get a team to play good football, until he's proven he can handle the egos of today's superstars he's totally unproven.

I wouldn't put Rogers in that boat. He did extremely well getting the best out of Suarez that season.

Worth nothing to Dunphy's point that Howe is joint favourite to be next Arsenal (7/1) or Man Utd (8/1) Manager which shows how highly rated he is. Dunphy really isn't wrong at all here.

But what's putting people off him as already explained, as to why he's not really in contention for the England job that he's not had to deal with World Class players and big ego's yet.

Edited by coyne - 25 Oct 2016 at 3:39pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:39pm

Its his tone though, his attitude is that Howe is a much better manager than Mourinho and Guardiola.

He's such a knee-jerk pundit.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 6:38pm
2 billion pounds LOL Dunphy should be canonized LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 8:26pm
Jamie Redknapp earlier during Southampton vs Chelsea.

Praising Victor Moses says he's upcoming English talent. He's 26 with 24 caps for Nigeria.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 9:04am

Jamie Redknapp earlier during Southampton vs Chelsea.

Praising Victor Moses says he's upcoming English talent. He's 26 with 24 caps for Nigeria.

LOL
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 8:42pm
Mark Lawrenson:

Lawrenson has told BBC Sport that he thinks Arsenal will secure a convincing 2-0 win over Spurs on Sunday, in a result which would of course bring an end to Tottenham's unbeaten start to the Premier League season.
Lawrenson also believes that Tottenham face a difficult November as they face three London derbies as well as juggling their Champions League campaign, whilst adding that he doesn't think Harry Kane will start on Sunday.
“Arsenal already have the likes of Olivier Giroud and Aaron Ramsey available again and, apart from that blip when they were held at home by Middlesbrough, they are in excellent form.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/11/05/bbc-pundit-comments-on-spurs-chances-in-november-confidently-pre/

So let's see, Mark.

Spurs deservedly drew 1-1.

Harry Kane started (and scored).

Giroud and Ramsey both started on the bench.

Apart from that...
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 8:26pm
Paul Merson's 3 tips on who will win the FA cup this season.

Everton, Stoke or Bournemouth.

All knocked out by lower league opposition in the 3rd round, awkward LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 11:15pm
Everton were knocked out by Leicester and they were his tips to win today not the cup outright.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:16pm
They don't know the rules here in the East Anglian derby
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Go on...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Go on...
About twenty slow motions of why Mitchell Dijks' 'goal' was disallowed when it clearly came off his hand followed by a debate on if the referee thought it was deliberate or not.Confused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:14pm
I would love to see a proper survey done on this but do people who watch a lot of sport on television feel there is a need for a 'colour commentator'? I watched 4   football games, as well as the extra time of Man. City vs Arsenal, and 2 rugby games over the weekend and between those 6 matches all these ex-pros did was irritate. They add absolutely nothing to the game and on the occasions when they have a decent commentator beside them all they do is disrupt his rhythm and flow.
I will give some credit to Glenn Hoddle as when is not contacting the next life can be very perceptive and shows a great understanding of the game, so BT stick 'Macca' next to him. Macca is a man who will use 300 words, often wrongly, where none will do and has an accent that means who have to really listen to hear him say nothing.
At one stage of the Chelsea vs. Spurs game Danny Murphy went on a rant about grass that left me wondering was he trying to give coded signals to his dealer, truly bizarre stuff but at least it broke up the monotony of him pointing out the obvious and getting excited every time Alli touched the ball.
How Andy Walker still gets work at Sky shows how little they care for the game in Scotland, he sounds as if he has just woken up from a coma to find out his family has died, again he is completely devoid of original thought or tactical input.
In Madrid we saw one of the great matches and occasions of the season and all we could get out of Gerry Armstrong was that he thinks that Messi is better than Ronaldo and that Paco Alcacer is quick, while starting and finishing most sentences with the words 'for me'.
And the problem really isn't just in football! While I enjoy Moore and Butler in the 6 nations the two games over the weekend reminded me what a rarity they are. We had 'Drico' and Ben Kay in Dublin yesterday and neither of them said anything of interest to anyone, apart from the odd joke about their playing days. They were nothing compared to the biggest plank on television, one Stuart Barnes. In between calling blatant cheating 'clever', cheating that basically  cost Leinster the game, he went off on one about how "appropriate" it was for Leinster fans to be singing about cockles and mussels in the city of Lyon. That's Lyon, 200 odd miles from the sea.
When you look back on old football and rugby commentary with one good commentator and no more, it was far more enjoyable. Some of the commentary on bet365, such as for the AFCON, is far easier to listen to than the money spent on ickle Mickey Owen and his chums spouting rubbish. Do people really need to be spoon-fed the obvious by a well known former player?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:29pm
Gerry Armstrong is the worst part of Spanish football on sky, hasn't a clue what he is saying most of the time and isn't too shy about showing his bias, Terry Gibson a much better co commentator.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:31pm
Also kept mentioning that Marco Asenjio was from Mallorca, we get it Gerry you had a sh*te stint with Mallorca once upon a time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic