Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The lazy pundits thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Would he be starting more or less than 50% of games?
In the games I’ve seen he is nearly always on the bench and comes on near the end.

His average playing time is 55mins this season in the PL over 24 games.

These will be the same pundits that in a few years time will spout about how he should have played less as a youngster to protect him so he doesn't burn out much like Michael Owen did.

That’s way more than I expected.
He is playing enough just not scoring as much as was initially expected of him.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 4:15pm
It is bullsh*t from Merson in fairness. He has done and will get plenty of game time at United.

Bhob however, you are making out as if he starts every game with your "95 appearances in last 2 seasons" and "played every premier league game this season" points.
You're sugar-coating it a little.

He has started 13 of 24 league games this season, and came off the bench in the other 11. In a lot of cases that was late on (as I've had him in my fantasy team recently so have been looking out for him)

Last season he started 16 EPL games and came off the bench in another 16.

So he's started 29 of a possible 62 EPL games since Mourinho came in.

Still, that's enough for a young player still learning the game who's been inconsistent at times this season, given the competition for a place in the attacking positions there.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 29 Jan 2018 at 4:33pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 4:16pm
With Sanchez onboard, he'll see less game time too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 4:30pm
Not to mention the lack of goals
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:31pm
RtE lads saying mata contract up. They added option of the one year onto it, not up for 18 months lol
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:17pm
TV3 had good highlights of the Bayern game and then Brian Kerr gives great analysis, tonight it's good  game with Shaktar v Roma and Brady is mumbling obvious crap for analysis
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:15pm
**Paul Merson Klaxon**

Predicting Watford are safe from relegation as they’ve just climbed out the relegation zone - Watford havent been below 11th in the league this season

Edited by coyne - 09 Mar 2018 at 4:15pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:30pm
Where did he say that?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 4:47pm
I couldn't tell you where he said, more than likely in the Sky Studio. 

Or in his house maybe, but I'd be a bit worried if he was sat in his bedroom with a suit on with a sky backdrop in the background.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:48am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Or in his house maybe, but I'd be a bit worried if he was sat in his bedroom with a suit on with a sky backdrop in the background.
Lazy Pundits Critiquiers more like. LOL

Did he actually say it or did you just hear that he said it? 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Lazy Pundits Critiquiers more like. LOL

Did he actually say it or did you just hear that he said it? 

On his predictions on the website he says that Watford are out of the relegation battle anyway, but no mention of them being near the relegation zone
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:02pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:17pm
Seems like all you've done since about 6pm yesterday is pull up as many things as you can that relate to city not winning the league. You must be really enjoying winning the title.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Seems like all you've done since about 6pm yesterday is pull up as many things as you can that relate to city not winning the league. You must be really enjoying winning the title.

I've pulled up two or three things. One, a column which has been retweeted multiple times on my twitter feed in the last 16 hours, and the other a comment by Gary McKay on here last week.
That's hardly all I've done now, but I can give you a full rundown on my diary and whereabouts since 6pm if you wish?

Yes, I've really enjoyed this season.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 Apr 2018 at 12:21pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:28pm
Knock the petty goes at each other in the head lads pleaseThumbs Up
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:20pm
I wasn't having a go. Maybe my wording of the post was a little poor. Just meant he seemed to be revelling in the win.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:04pm
Watching MOTD at the weekend and they had Lampard and Keown on. Much prefer those two instead of the love in that is Wright and Shearer.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Watching MOTD at the weekend and they had Lampard and Keown on. Much prefer those two instead of the love in that is Wright and Shearer.

Lampard seems like a decent pundit. But a lot of pundits start out that way before reverting to type, Danny Murphy springs to mind.

Had to laugh at MOTD's tribute to Wenger featuring some of the Arsenal FanTV cast.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic