Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The lazy pundits thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The lazy pundits thread
    Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 9:10am
A thread pointing out comments by people paid to talk about football, and either a lack of research due to laziness or basic lack of knowledge of the game makes them say stupid things. 

"Kolo Toure isn't marking here at all for the CSKA opener" - Liam Brady last night

"If they finish bottom of the group that'll be two years in a row that Pellegrini has done that with City" - Andy Gray on Talksport this morning 

Sponsored Links

heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 11:25am
Couldn't get over Chippy last night saying; "the viewers at home won't understand, but..." when talking about Mourinho and his behaviour in Spain, or something of the like. Unbelievably patronising.

Think I'm done with RTE now. It's an absolute sham.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 11:32am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Me too.
At this particular moment in time.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Couldn't get over Chippy last night saying; "the viewers at home won't understand, but..." when talking about Mourinho and his behaviour in Spain, or something of the like. Unbelievably patronising.

Agreed. Felt like heading to Dublin just slap him
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 1:15pm
I actually had to rewind it and give it a listen another 2 times. Honestly couldn't believe my ears. I can't remember ever hearing something so condescending coming from a pundit.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 5:51pm
My all-time favourite came from Charlie Nicholas "Tyne-Wear derby isn't a real derby"

Jeff Stelling nearly choked Big smile
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 9:16am
"Another Norwich City player, there must be something about playing for Norwich that means you can't get picked for Ireland"

Dunphy on Tuesday night when talking about Pilkington 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

"Another Norwich City player, there must be something about playing for Norwich that means you can't get picked for Ireland"

Dunphy on Tuesday night when talking about Pilkington 

Darragh Maloney made a fairly half arsed attempt to correct him a minute or 2 later too
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 5:12pm
BBC's Garth Crooks playing down Lee Cattermole's performance on Saturday Embarrassed

Even the neutrals are calling him clueless for it
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 5:53pm
No fan of Cattermole usually but he was immense on Saturday. He was everywhere.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 9:04pm
Another clanger for Charlie Nicholas LOL

Was asked to pick a best XI from using Man Utd and Liverpool players and the result was;
De Gea, Johnson, Rojo, Evans, Enrique, Carrick, Gerrard, Sterling, Herrara, RVP, Rooney.

No Di Maria? Embarrassed Glen Johnson? LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 9:48am
On Talksport again (surprise surprise) Alan Brazils breakfast show - Him, Danny Murphy and Tony Cascarino discussing whether Toure and Bony will start against Chelsea as they are now out of the African Cup of Nations. 

A simple bit of research and look at the group table would tell you that all teams in the group are tied on 2 points with 1 game remaining. 

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

On Talksport again (surprise surprise) Alan Brazils breakfast show - Him, Danny Murphy and Tony Cascarino discussing whether Toure and Bony will start against Chelsea as they are now out of the African Cup of Nations. 

A simple bit of research and look at the group table would tell you that all teams in the group are tied on 2 points with 1 game remaining. 

I heard that numpty Brazil saying early on this morning " Has the African Cup of Nations started yet."
Embarrassed
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 9:56am

Talksport again, surprise surprise.

Betting man from Coral who's on every morning was talking about odds on the West Ham game tonight. Micky Quinn asks blankly, who are they playing anyway? A good point by the coral man - do your research.

Then, when discussing Champions League betting the Coral man asks them who their tip is for this years tournament and says Brazil called it correct last year with Real. Brazil says Bayern, Quinn is asked and said no I think we are due an English winner of this competition, Brazil says well City are bound to look the strongest out of the English 4, Quinn says no I could see Jose giving it a good go.
He was amazed that United weren't in the CL this season when corrected on this, and he wasn't trying to be funny either or taking the p*ss.

This is a man paid money to talk about football on the radio.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:20pm
How does anyone listen to Talksport?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

With their ears I presume
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

With their ears I presume
That is the easy part, it is how the brain reacts when it hears Adrian Durham is the problem.................
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 11:00pm
Paul Merson today.

"I think Mustafi is a panic buy"

Jeff reminds him Graham Hunter(?) really rates him.

"Well its a fantastic signing"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic