You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Irish economy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 1:01pm
So is this what they call a "triple" dip recession?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Didn't even know we left the last one.
So is that 3 recessions in 5 years?

i think we are going for the record held by mexico
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 1:18pm
GDP is down but GNP is up. I suppose GNP is a better indicator for Ireland. I wonder are all the MNC not shipping out their profits in the last quarter?

Edited by seanyshuffler - 27 Jun 2013 at 1:21pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:51pm
They'll have to give that tax cut to get more spending.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Didn't even know we left the last one.
So is that 3 recessions in 5 years?

Yeah the term recession is a technical economic term but gets bandied about by the media and the general public to describe a time when people feel poorer than they did previously.  High unemployment, slow growth etc.  

However technically countries are not in recession for that every long usually.  We came out of it pretty quickly in relative terms but the cuts in the budget and increases to tax mean the technical aspects of it mean very little to the people on the streets. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Or spend more themselves on infrastructural projects that are badly needed. 
AKA pedantic kunt
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Or spend more themselves on infrastructural projects that are badly needed. 

That's what the UK Government have announced this week, however they also announced savage cuts to the various departments.

Interesting to see if we'll follow suit to kick start the economy.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 4:04pm
We the people are to blame for this one.
Spending money willy nilly during the recent sunny spell.

Edited by Gary McKay - 27 Jun 2013 at 4:05pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 9:13pm

Didn't see the need for a new thread. China's economic growth slowed down again.

Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 6:58am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Didn't see the need for a new thread. China's economic growth slowed down again.

Yep, and this has and continue to have a massive knock on effect on the Oz economy. Exchange rate going to sh1t as well as result of this and the US economy. It’s time to come home for good at Chrimbo me thinks!

Sure we’re grand now aren’t we? More job and more sun ClapClapClap

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Yep, and this has and continue to have a massive knock on
effect on the Oz economy. Exchange rate going to sh1t as well as result of this
and the US economy. It’s time to come home for good at Chrimbo me thinks!

Sure we’re grand now aren’t we? More job and more sun Clap<o:p>

I've always said it, there's space out there for those that want to sunbathe. It's the ****s sittin at home givin out that it's too hot that have this country on its knees.

Edited by 9fingers - 16 Jul 2013 at 7:28am
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Yep, and this has and continue to have a massive knock on effect on the Oz economy. Exchange rate going to sh1t as well as result of this and the US economy. It’s time to come home for good at Chrimbo me thinks!

Sure we’re grand now aren’t we? More job and more sun ClapClapClap

Havent looked at the exchange rate in ages. Still have a bank account open over the with a fair bit of coin in it. Fookin gutted Cry
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 10:54am

What most countries would give for 7.5% growth
EastStandMan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

I am Shamrock Rovers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastStandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 11:42am
Max Keiser has a thrice weekly show on RT and gives a good account of the world economy . Been talking of late re our problems over here in pixi land . Seems genuinely surprised we are not tearing up the place cos of the banksters . A guest of his on last week was saying re aib and their 20 billion shortfall which will ensure we will need another bail out . One huge global organised rip off which makes the mafia look like kiddies stealing an ice pop .
Shamrock Rovers - lovin the buzz .
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 12:29pm
The Recession Is over

Party Time
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 12:31pm
Cocaine and hookers for everyone Tongue
@AntrimMan85
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 12:31pm
We'll all be rich, rich as nazi's i tell ye
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 12:57pm
I'm coming home!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic